TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Im really glad I had the timing to read the above e post. SO right...just so right. I love what I love I made a too busy tree because of nostalga and I have votes on tress with far less because they were nivce pretty creative fun some or none of the above.

I liked them I voted. Ha. smile.gif

Thanks all for efforts. Those who suffered the glitch...Please try again next year or in another contest. I havent seen my own so it may have glitched.

HUGS all.

You can see yours - click on the tree when you are on your account page. The page you went to to decorate it.

So many tree's! I'll never finish them all. Never. I've hardly voted in 2 days, I've just had too much to do in RL! Anyone who wins this out of thousands has greatly deserved it, for sure! smile.gif lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

I saw a menorah tree and a David's star tree. Nice ones, I really liked them. smile.gif

I saw the menorah tree too! I rated it pretty highly. I would have gone 9 or even 10 if Hanukkah wasn't such an unimportant Jewish holiday in the first place.

Just asked myself ...

How many people are rating the trees?

Because, I asked some of my friends that are on DC too, but no one is rating.

Found out that I am the only one of ten that is rating trees.

What if there are even less people voting?

We have somewhat about 8000 users on DC, yes? What if only 10% are voting?

Does that mean that we have a higher chance, or is it, that most of them aren´t even voting all trees, and that those trees at the end of the voting-list are only getting one, two or 100 votes?

Hmm ... your thoughts on that?

I'm receiving reports, of double posting.

Reminder:

Please do not double, triple post, use the edit tool.

Multiple posts by the same member clutter the topic, members that continue multi posting will receive a warn.

<= has a hurting finger from clicking so much X_x

With me it's the wrist. sad.gif

Some trees take ages to load and start with the decorations and the tree comes last. That is REALLY weird looking...

@fuzzbucket

yeah, I always laugh when they show me the decoration and then the tree.

It´s just funny to see the decorations slowly fall into place on an invisible tree.

Or they show me the tree and no decoration, and I have to wait ages for the rest to load.

And then there is the thing with the missing "Vote" button, for that I have to wait xd.png

@Hellen, do not worry, TJ said two days ago that almost every tree had already been voted a hundred times.

So there should be enough ratings !

The forum says "We have 49,649 registered members", over 8000 is only the number of trees ^^

I've rated 3000 trees so far... And I'm working this week end so I hope to vote a thousand more in the remaining time... Too bad i won't be able to see all the trees.

@ asmodel: How do you KNOW - are you actually counting ? I am amazed - and impressed ! I live for the day I get the "you have voted on all the trees" message, cos then I can stop thinking "I could SWEAR I already saw that tree..." !

Edited by fuzzbucket

@Asmodel

O.O

"We have 49,649 registered members"

holy ... *coughs*

Okay!

Didn´t knew that *lol*

That are a lot...

And I just saw a tree that freaked me out.

@Asmodel

O.O

holy ... *coughs*

Okay!

Didn´t knew that *lol*

That are a lot...

And that's only the forum, too. There are many DC players that don't have forum accounts.

@fuzzbucket Yes indeed I do lol 500 trees per day. Gives me an objective and keeps me motivated. Well I may have voted a hundred trees or so before starting to count...

m

I am very sure I've seen the same tree twice, it was really special.

I want to see that "no more trees to vote" too.

@Hellen You just have to check the forum's homepage to have the forum's stats : number of posts, number of members, most recent member...

Just how MANY birds facing to the left have a pickle in their beak ??? sad.gif

@Dawnwing

And I wonder why I never get the eggs I want in the cave

Oh my ... that´s a lot O.o

Apologies if this has been asked before (and it's probably a really stupid question) I take it the amount of trees you vote for is something to do with your scroll and not laptop? I've had to use a different laptop as my old one is becoming terminal mad.gif I only ask because I'd hate to lose all the votes I've done.

Apologies if this has been asked before (and it's probably a really stupid question) I take it the amount of trees you vote for is something to do with your scroll and not laptop? I've had to use a different laptop as my old one is becoming terminal mad.gif I only ask because I'd hate to lose all the votes I've done.

As far as I know, yes.

D= why did I did a traditional tree? Everyone seems to prefer the original ones xd.png

Not me! All my 8-10's have gone to traditional ones! biggrin.gif

I saw the menorah tree too! I rated it pretty highly. I would have gone 9 or even 10 if Hanukkah wasn't such an unimportant Jewish holiday in the first place.

Hanukkah is unimportant? blink.gif Since when?

I like the traditional trees, too.

Not me! All my 8-10's have gone to traditional ones! biggrin.gif

Same here. I prefer traditional trees.

I wish we could have entered our trees into categories. So the best Traditional would get a prize, best Original, best overall... that would also make voting easier. Break it up into groups.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

I wanted to decorate my tree like the one I had, but there was no option to have the tree lay on its side with a cat on top. xd.png

I just xd.png 'ed so hard that Dr. Pepper came out of my nose.

I'm actually happy that the contest isn't broken down into categories; it stifles creativity. Once you specify categories, people will design their trees to fit into one of them. But if you don't, that's where imagination kicks in!

For example, if the categories had been "traditional" and "original", we might never have seen the traditionally decorated tree with the tiny tree made of lights next to it. smile.gif Or the one that looked as if it had been traditionally decorated until the gingerbread man climbed to the top, knocking everything off along the way.

In addition, if all the really beautiful designs just happened to be in one category, then one or more of them might lose to something much less impressive in another category.

Great trees are great, no matter the style. If something leaps off the screen and into your heart, do you really care how it would be labeled?

Edited by Evilminion