TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

dose any one get the feeling that there voteing on the same trees each time it changes. ive done this several days now and well every time i vote i will go about 10 or so and than it will seem like the tree i just voted on came up again for another vote.

Lets not debate the importance of Hanukkah. What might be of little importance to some of you, appears to be rather rude remarks to others.

Dear god, people!

Don't cover your tree with EVERYTHING D:

^this dry.gif

It makes my eyes hurt when I get done voting on a nice tree, with just enough ornaments to make it look pretty but I can still see green. THEN, the next tree loads and it's a PILE OF ORNAMENTS in the SHAPE of a TREE. It just looks weird, and too overbearing. ....but that's just my opinion.....

I don't know why, but I feel terrible giving trees bad votes. unsure.gif I'm being truely honest with myself and my votes, but I never seem to vote in the 6-10 range. I don't even know if I voted a tree as a 10 yet..... or even a 9! blink.gif Also, I wanna see a fish and a pacman tree! sad.gif I did see a tree with a distinct figure it was trying to portray, but I couldn't figure it out. :/

Lets not debate the importance of Hanukkah. What might be of little importance to some of you, appears to be rather rude remarks to others.

But...but that's just a matter of fact, not personal feelings. I'm not belittling it, I'm just saying it's not nearly religiously important as most people seem to assume. You might as well say that the importance of Arbor Day is in dispute. If there's anybody actually offended, I'll apologize, but Jebas. Why does everything have to be crept around?

I did love that tree, though. Done very creatively, I had a good moment of 'Oh!' when I realized what it was.

dose any one get the feeling that there voteing on the same trees each time it changes. ive done this several days now and well every time i vote i will go about 10 or so and than it will seem like the tree i just voted on came up again for another vote.

I get that all the time. TJ did state earlier that no tree appears twice to the same voter so I guess I have to take that as fact and try to see the new "same-looking" tree with a new eye...kinda hard to do after oh, a bazillion(it sure feels like it) trees...

Edit: And after the multitude of creepy(to me) "face" trees, I have to really struggle not to give the ones that appear low points blink.gif

Edited by calenlass

man, everyone gets to see the fish trees but me!!! probably missed it, cuz i've done alot.png!! dry.gif just my luck!

anyways: what have i seen??? i saw a star of david one, and then i saw the one with TWO stars of david!!! liked that one! OH, and i saw the vampire tree.... with two little sticks for fangs.... looked more like a smiley that needed dental work.... and i finally saw a tree with an egg on it, though it couldn't have been the tree with the holly egg on it!!! the person who made the holly egg tree must've been thinking "all i want for christmas is a holly egg, a holly egg...."

and i thought i might finish voting all the trees tonight, but i lost around 4 hours because i had to go to town... better get choppin'!!!!

omg omg omg!!! i just saw the pac man tree!!!! finally!!!! it was pretty cool! cool.gif

Edited by misfitknits

man, everyone gets to see the fish trees but me!!! probably missed it, cuz i've done alot.png!! dry.gif just my luck!

(.............)

omg omg omg!!! i just saw the pac man tree!!!! finally!!!! it was pretty cool! cool.gif

Don't worry, when you see one of the fish trees, you'll know it. laugh.gif I'm just amazed that more the one person even thought of doing fish!

And congrats, heehee! I got the Pac Man tree after a looooooooong string of katamari, half-naked, and just plain crappy trees, so it was a sight for sore, geeky eyes.

I just saw a WIN tree!

No really, it actually had "WIN" written on it. xd.png

hmm... that may have been one of the trees that i thought "i know that says something, but what the heck does it say?!?!"

I saw a tree with absolutely nothing on it and the the next one after that was a tree with only one ornament on it. huh.gif

the ones i see that are slopy and crowed along with the ones that look unfinshed i rate low the ones that look interesting but nicely decorated i rate 5 or 6 and the nice ones that look like christmas trees i rate higher. once in a while i will find one that really catches my attion as an artiest and i will rate it a 10.

ah yes, the infamous one tree ornament! oddly enough, there are two of them-one gray ornament, one white- with the one ornament in almost the exact same spot!!!! must be a conspiracy!!!!

op, just saw another dragon climbing up the tree! i actually like those, even though i'm not overly fond of the concept trees. but if done well, they're cute, and a cute idea!

Edited by misfitknits

I saw a tree with absolutely nothing on it and the the next one after that was a tree with only one ornament on it. huh.gif

I've counted more than 15 trees without a single ornament. I think that's sad.

has any one see one with a gold egal on the green box and a silver orental dragon holding a purple ornamint down by the boxes with a paper chain draped over some boxes by him thats hooked to the tree.

I'm shocked but I just got the message saying I'd voted on all the trees. I thought I still had several more hours of voting to go to get them all but I'm finished. smile.gif

I've counted more than 15 trees without a single ornament. I think that's sad.

HAHA, there are many more where that one came from!!! i just saw a tree with only the nutcracker on it!!! not even anything else in the margin... weirdos.... dry.gif

oh, congrats rubyshoes!!! i'm waiting for the very same message!!! ; )

i think i *may* have seen the peacock tree.... can anyone confirm??? it was like the head and neck were clear, but the body was just like a tear drop shape???

and another naked tree! that one's for you, nekoA!!!!

Edited by misfitknits

I'm shocked but I just got the message saying I'd voted on all the trees. I thought I still had several more hours of voting to go to get them all but I'm finished. smile.gif

Awesome!! Gratz!! How long did iot take you? I hope im over half way through... smile.gif

HAHA, there are many more where that one came from!!!  i just saw a tree with only the nutcracker on it!!! not even anything else in the margin... weirdos....  dry.gif

oh, congrats rubyshoes!!! i'm waiting for the very same message!!! ; )

i think i *may* have seen the peacock tree.... can anyone confirm??? it was like the head and neck were clear, but the body was just like a tear drop shape???

and another naked tree! that one's for you, nekoA!!!!

Thanks. smile.gif It's nice to be done. I did enjoy seeing all the pretty trees though.

edit: majors - I don't think it took me any longer than 16 to 18 hours. The first 3 days, I was sick and had a headache most of the time and only spent a couple of hours each day. Yesterday I spent about 7 - 8 hours and today no more than a couple of hours.

Edited by rubyshoes

ROF, i just saw a tree that looked like the dragon and parrot were kissing at the top!!!

dragon and parrot, sittin' in a tree. k-i-s-s-i-n-g!!!!! ROFL

laugh.gif

You know you have voted too many trees too late at night when you think you saw an angel ornament wave its wing at you.

*bursts out laughing* oh that's just so awesome.

I've done the whole "seeing tree/blinking lights when I close my eyes", but I haven't seen an angel wave it's wing!

I have given exactly two 10s so far. Am I being to harsh? Probably not. I've given a lot of 7-9s. A lot of 2-4s, too.

I only gave maybe 4 10s out of all the trees. I gave a lot of 5s and a few 6-9s but a lot of 1-4s.

...Okay? I wasn't belittling it though... I was explaining the actual history of my own holiday......

ANYWAY

There is a star of David tree? Dang! I want to see that xd.png I need the Pacman one as well but I finally saw the Gay Wedding. xd.png

I believe the Peacock is the one where the neck arches above the top of the tree and the tail curls through the main area, made of blinking lights. happy.gif

I just saw the LOL tree xd.png another ten!

Edited by Queen_of_Daemons

I saw a really awesome tree with a bird made with the strings of beads and a few ornaments as its head and eye, looking up at the cardinal. It was FANTASTIC. biggrin.gif

oh, nope, i don't think that was the peacock i saw earlier!! not from the way you describe it, the one i saw was all only on the front of the tree.

but i think i did just see the peacock one! however, i would call it more of a swan.... very elegant looking!

oh, and a question: how exactly was one meant to use the red and gold garland?!?! that thing is not the same size as the tree... wish i could ask the artist! has anyone seen it used successfully?? maybe it was made to be used on a mini-me tree?

Edited by misfitknits