TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

All of these "picture" trees you guys are talking about... I've probably seen some and just not even realized what they were supposed to be. Some of them, it seems like they are supposed to be some sort of picture-thing, but I can't make them out.

I actually couldn't figure out what most of the picture trees were supposed to be. smile.gif

I actually couldn't figure out what most of the picture trees were supposed to be. smile.gif

well to me right now as I have been voting since noon yesterday.. everything is starting to look like a tangled up mess.... smile.gif

I'm surprised more people haven't been discussing the idea of having a custom code. That seems as nifty to me, as the having of something like a CB Holly.

I LOVE it, I already know what I would take, if I WOULD get the chance^^ (the name of my son is made of 4 letters, so... biggrin.gif)

Lol, same here xd.png

Also, what I really must say - I thought this is a TREE decorating contest and not tree-AND-surroundings decorating one. Depending on what will be the winners trees I for sure will have learned something for future contest of similar kinds^^

Edited by Kiwiana

OY, my vision is actually blurry.... and that is after a 2 hour break! unsure.gif i'm semi-worried....

on a happier note: i saw a tree where the parrots were flying away with the ginger bread man and the raptor! it made me laugh!! })

and dark latius: someone should make a badge- "lazy voter"!!!!! biggrin.gif

OH, just saw the menorah tree!!!! pretty cool! edit: i just saw my favorite DC tree thus far!!! had the letters, obviously, and one of the gold dragon's tail was curled around the D!!!! it looked so awesome!!! xd.png

Edited by misfitknits

Well, last day of voting is upon us, and I think I speak for everyone here when I say THANK GOODNESS. I gave up voting seriously several days ago though.

Haha, same here.

XD I sort of throw all my junk on my tree to test it out the day before submission, got busy, thought I could do something nice in time but I collapsed in bed and I woke up to a stuck image of an absolutely horrendous mishmash of baubles.

xd.png I sort of throw all my junk on my tree to test it out the day before submission, got busy, thought I could do something nice in time but I collapsed in bed and I woke up to a stuck image of an absolutely horrendous mishmash of baubles.

AHA! so you're the one to blame!!! biggrin.gif JUST KIDDING!!!! i suspect that may have been what happened to a handful of people, i'm sure you're not the only one. so would you say your tree is more katamari or crapalanche? *hehe, poking fun!* ; )

eta: i'm determined to finish voting by tonight! (yes, it's still tonight here) i'm fading, but still voting strong! don't know if it'll happen, but i'm still optimistic!!! *pray for me!*

Edited by misfitknits

I barely had time to decorate my tree, cause I convinced myself to do it after they all came out and then I just kept procrastinating tongue.gif

rolled a ciggy + left overs warming in the microwave= second wind!!!

i think i saw the LOLcat tree, definitely a kitty face, not as sure about the LOL part... another cool dragon climbing around the tree... but there were *so* many of those done! still no fish trees dry.gif

I barely had time to decorate my tree, cause I convinced myself to do it after they all came out and then I just kept procrastinating tongue.gif

Probably the best plan. I obsessed over my tree endlessly, and now I look at it and think how incredibly not memorable it is. xd.png

laugh.gif  OMG, skauble!!!! that song is SO good!!!!  laugh.gif    very nicely done!!!  we need to do something special with that!!! can someone here record that???  xd.png

ummm, i can sing, but i have nothing to record it with...

So... we have around 20 hours for vote biggrin.gif

then, 4 more thays and we will know the winners!!!!!!!!!

*I'm so nervous*

Damn you One Piece! Getting in the way of my voting!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^- this laugh.gif

Okay, up until now, I have winced every time a "dragon tree" pops up in the rotation, and twitched immediately over to the low end of the scale. But wow, one just popped up that was so crazy-well done, it was hard to stop staring at it long enough to vote. blink.gif Had to end the night's voting on that, 'cause it's a good guess it'll be a while until something that cool pops up again. smile.gif

How would clearing the cache on your end change anything?

I dunno, but the last time I did it i DID see the same trees again for a short while (I'd taken screen shots) so before doing it again, I thought I'd check. Cookies, I thought maybe ?

Clearing the cache will only speed up your loading times and make things better. It will not erase your votes.

Thanks. The time had come - I was getting rogue hatchies on the trees again !

Will we be able to vote tomorrow or not?

You should be able to vote for about another 19 hours or so.

It is very sad, that I have to give low votes for really nice trees that have no lights on them. I think a christmas tree no matter if traditional or picture tree MUST have lights.

Only now that I'm trying to vote for all the trees do I feel as if they are never ending.

...if that makes any sense >.>' *is tired*

Huh...just saw a new one..."TJ09 ROX!"

Hehe...I keep missing the number and vote buttons lD

I find myself wanting to have a list of trees I voted 10 on somewhere for oggling, sort of as a reward for voting so much that there is actually more than one tree that I voted 10. wink.gif (Not that voting a lot automatically means that there are a lot of tens, of course, but it does drastically increase the chances~)

Personally, I imagine I'm nowhere near through all of them, but I've been voting fairly religiously the past days whenever I had time. It's the "had time" part that's thinned it down. laugh.gif

(I'm actually shocked, by the way; despite making a very traditional tree design, myself, I still haven't seen one like it. Huh. And there I thought there'd be dozens upon dozens like it. I still decorated it that way because it looked nice to me.)

Edit: I jinxed it, obviously, and just ran across one that follows the same decorating scheme, if in a far less organised fashion. Whee~

Edited by pinkgothic

I find myself wanting to have a list of trees I voted 10 on somewhere for oggling, sort of as a reward for voting so much that there is actually more than one tree that I voted 10. wink.gif (Not that voting a lot automatically means that there are a lot of tens, of course, but it does drastically increase the chances~)

Personally, I imagine I'm nowhere near through all of them, but I've been voting fairly religiously the past days whenever I had time. It's the "had time" part that's thinned it down. laugh.gif

I just gave my first 10 a few minutes ago. And the next tree got a 10 too ! I was amazed....

Then came a slew of kamikaze 1s...

Anyone else sitting here thinking "GOT to do just a few more, SURELY that will get to the end.... no ? - well, JUST a few more then..."

I have already failed to make my lunch... I could get a whole lot thinner here biggrin.gif

ETA - I think I just saw an anchor ?

Edited by fuzzbucket