TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I saw several trees that used the red and gold garland very nicely. They would start it part way down the tree and have a lot of red and gold ornaments on the tree with some ornaments overlapping the garland.

oh, nope, i don't think that was the peacock i saw earlier!! not from the way you describe it, the one i saw was all only on the front of the tree.

but i think i did just see the peacock one! however, i would call it more of a swan.... very elegant looking!

oh, and a question: how exactly was one meant to use the red and gold garland?!?! that thing is not the same size as the tree... wish i could ask the artist! has anyone seen it used successfully?? maybe it was made to be used on a mini-me tree?

I only saw one tree with the red and gold bands that I liked and the artist moved it to the side, using a gold dragon and star to hide the empty space while placing the parrot on the bottom 'corner'. A few baubles and lacelights finished it nicely.

I couldn't think of any way to use it myself, which is sad, because I love the look of it. biggrin.gif

>..> When I first saw it I nearly said "Gryffindor! I found your tinsel!" *fispump HP*

The Gay Wedding Tree might possibly be my favorite so far, but I haven't seen many "OMG SO GOOD" trees yet. Lots of pretty traditional ones, though.

It really kills my eyes when people load every single ornament they got onto their tree. Especially when I get one tree after the other like that.

You know, now I'm sad that I'm finished voting for I long for me trees to see. xd.png

Also, I hope that TJ puts the top 200 up like the trees are now. I know we can't vote on them, but it would be nice to look at all of the finalists.

This should be made into a Twelve Days of... Dragmass? xd.png... song tongue.gif

On the first day of Christmas the contest showed to me

A vampire in a tree

On the second day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the third day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the fourth day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Four fire risks candles lit

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the fifth day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the sixth day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Six dragon toppers

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the seventh day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Seven pickles hiding

Six dragon toppers

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the eighth day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Eight angel weddings

Seven pickles hiding

Six dragon toppers

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the ninth day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Nine tons of popcorn

Eight angel weddings

Seven pickles hiding

Six dragon toppers

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the tenth day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Ten trees with nothing

Nine tons of popcorn

Eight angel weddings

Seven pickles hiding

Six dragon toppers

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the eleventh day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Eleven DC letters

Ten trees with nothing

Nine tons of popcorn

Eight angel weddings

Seven pickles hiding

Six dragon toppers

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

On the twelfth day of Christmas the contest showed to me

Twelve katamari

Eleven DC letters

Ten trees with nothing

Nine tons of popcorn

Eight angel weddings

Seven pickles hiding

Six dragon toppers

Five...thousand lights

Three raptor scarfs

Two swimming fish

And a vampire in a tree

AWESOME song. :3

Man, there are some picture trees I really wanna see! I'ma... keep voting.

ETA: I just saw a creepy Santa tree. D:

Edited by Diem Adrienne

lol...I can't wait to see what the outcome will be. Do you think TJ will tell us which trees got into the top 200?

The Gay Wedding Tree might possibly be my favorite so far, but I haven't seen many "OMG SO GOOD" trees yet. Lots of pretty traditional ones, though.

I might have seen that tree too, what did the one you saw look like?

laugh.gif OMG, skauble!!!! that song is SO good!!!! laugh.gif very nicely done!!! we need to do something special with that!!! can someone here record that??? xd.png

the katamari trees don't hurt my eyes, because it takes me about 1 second to vote on them!!!! * so naughty *

oh, and yes, i seriously wish they will actually POST the winning trees!!! we need to see the winners!! please let a mod or tj be eaves dropping!!!

ETA: just saw another "tree in a tree" tree! this one was also made of lights, but like the name suggests, actually in the middle of the tree. it was cute, one of the better ones i've seen, just wish they would've decorated the main tree more, there weren't many ornaments on it.... i hate that! don't ignore the tree!!!!

oh no, and a tj09 ROX! tree.... no you didn't!

Edited by misfitknits

I liked the one with the bubble baubles over the heads of the gingerbread man and the nutcracker, and it looked like they were standing on planets in space biggrin.gif And the stars were used like...well...stars. Most sense I've seen in regard to the stars so far :/ xd.png

Well, last day of voting is upon us, and I think I speak for everyone here when I say THANK GOODNESS. I gave up voting seriously several days ago though.

That was hilarious! xDDDD Thanks Skauble!

I saved it so even if no one else does I have it tongue.gif

I'm heading for bed, I've voted for trees on and off every day, didn't count how many though.

I still haven't found that 10 yet. Have found several 7's though. Most are ones thru threes, with a few fours thrown in. I'm getting mainly the ones with the glitches in them.

haha! i just saw a tree where all the decorations were falling off to one side, and the nutcracker is at the very bottom of the scene, like he's just watching it all go terribly, terribly wrong!!!

oh, has anyone seen the tree where the ginger bread man is crawling up to the top, knocking off decorations as he goes??? because i probably saw that one, and thought it was a crapalanche..... probably gave it a one... now i keep looking for it to see if i missed it already!!!

Is this the last day for voting or are we getting an extra day for that since voting started a day later than planned? Just wondering since orignaly we were supposed to have 7 days to vote. (I'm already finished though tongue.gif )

I finally saw the Teddy Bear one but none of the Star of David ones! D:

If it ends Midnight Central time, I only have fifteen minutes xd.png

Last day of voting blink.gif Im still not done yet... It cant end.. but on the flip side my fingers are really sore... smile.gif

I finally saw the Teddy Bear one but none of the Star of David ones! D:

If it ends Midnight Central time, I only have fifteen minutes xd.png

I assume you have a minium of another 23 hours since all times in the cave go by Eastern Standard time and its now 10 till 1am here. smile.gif (still wondering if another day will be added though, since voting started a day later then planned, guess we'll have to wait and see)

Voting doesn't end until Midnight on the 16th. smile.gif

edit: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by rubyshoes

that would be great if he added one more day... smile.gif that would help us wierd people who have to stop for bathroom breaks every 4 hours..... wink.gif

@DragonLady and RubyShoes.

Thank you, I had thought it ended tonight. ^^;

I really liked the one I saw just now: A large ornament dragon climbing the tree and breathing whispy smoke. Someone had a much better imagination than I did!

All of these "picture" trees you guys are talking about... I've probably seen some and just not even realized what they were supposed to be. Some of them, it seems like they are supposed to be some sort of picture-thing, but I can't make them out.