TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Saw a tree with a few cute things on it. It has the snowball over the nutcracker, the cat ornament on one of the bird topper heads, and the dragon topper was playing the horn. It was kool.

Some people went a little crazy with their decorations. I actually saw a tree that had LOL spelled out in ornaments.

Saw that one. xd.png

I think I might have seen one of the naughty trees...or maybe it was supposed to be spelling something out. I couldn't tell. xd.png

And I've decided I officially hate face trees. (unless the face is of a dragon or animal, then I can understand.) A tree staring at me with a frozen grinning face creeps me out so much. >.>

Saw one with kind of a neat rainbow swoop, but the rest of the tree was kind of disappointingly barren. I rated it decently for the swoop though. Ones with rainbow themes tend to get higher ratings from me. x3

Reminder:

It is not necessary to like every tree, vote accordingly. It is never necessary to be rude or insulting about a member or a members tree. Try to have fun without making any member feel bad.

(Inappropriate trees will be dealt with.)

Well, with these stats, you cannot have managed to do 1000 trees in 2 hours. Because 2 hours have only 7200 seconds, and 7200 second divided by 8 seconds means that you cannot do more than 900 trees - and only if you get nothing but blank and Katamari trees.

Then I must be going faster on the easy trees, because I know I did 1000 in two hours -- I counted and watched the hours pass.

Probably overestimating the time it took to move the mouse and click?

(Inappropriate trees will be dealt with.)

OMG a naked tree! Do something ... give it decoration so it can cover its privat parts! xd.png

EDIT: the question is...

...is it a mistreated tree, who doesn't get watered and decorated?

...is it a tree who can't afford decoration?

or

...is it a tree with a exhibitionistic tendency?

questions over questions... dun dun dun dunnn tongue.gif

Edited by Nyastara

Perhaps I keep missing it, but how many are there? I'm NEVER going to get through all of these trees! blink.gif I assume there are many of us who can't get through them all. I just want to know how many I'm missing, and it would seem fair to know what our chances are. And actually, how do we know if we've voted on them all - is there a finish line?

OMG a naked tree! Do something ... give it decoration so it can cover its privat parts! xd.png

EDIT: the question is...

...is it a mistreated tree, who doesn't get watered and decorated?

...is it a tree who can't afford decoration?

or

...is it a tree with a exhibitionistic tendency?

questions over questions... dun dun dun dunnn tongue.gif

Perhaps we should take all the naked trees and give them their own little fenced-in colony... or forest?... where they can't alarm the sensbilities of more modest trees. biggrin.gif

Perhaps I keep missing it, but how many are there? I'm NEVER going to get through all of these trees! blink.gif I assume there are many of us who can't get through them all. I just want to know how many I'm missing, and it would seem fair to know what our chances are. And actually, how do we know if we've voted on them all - is there a finish line?

Yes there is. Two have posted that they reached the end.

Perhaps we should take all the naked trees and give them their own little fenced-in colony... or forest?... where they can't alarm the sensbilities of more modest trees. biggrin.gif

Yay a little tree colony... hmm a nude camp for trees. happy.gif

(oh oh my brain is going straight to it's creepy place...and that means more weird ideas will pop out... blink.gif )

I wish I had a tree-counter, so I could see how close I am to the end of all trees. blink.gif

I saw a tree with a dragon flying by it, made out of ornaments. blink.gif 10!!!

And a tree with a Breast cancer/AIDS ribbon. 10!!!

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Just saw one where the dragon at the top of the tree was completely draped with light swags, as if he'd had a little trouble landing there and taken half the lights with him. Very cute!

Self-edit: run-on sentence ahead, but I don't feel like fixing it, so be warned... wink.gif

One thing I'm discovering, the more I vote, is that eeeeeevery time I get to the point where I snap and decide that I totally HATE some specific type of tree... red-and-gold, or ultra-cluttered, or picture, uses-all-six-toppers, garlanded, words or numbers, heart, face, or objects-floating-in-space... whatever it might be... because I've just seen a hundred others of that type and not a one of them held the slightest bit of appeal, that's the exact moment that DC serves up a tree in the same style, but so beautifully designed and executed that suddenly I'm a fan. blink.gif In the case of red-and-gold, as if to prove a point, the voting rotation tossed me two gorgeous examples in a row last night, the second one with touches of green. And just a few minutes ago, I ran across a tree that used nearly every ornament in the set, but was absolutely lovely.

I guess tree decorating is like fashion: wear any old thing you like, but wear it so WELL that everybody thinks it's haute couture... laugh.giflaugh.gif

What do you mean when you say a "DC" Tree?

A tree with the balls arranged to make the letters DC. There are also some that make TJ - and quite a few that make other things.

There are almost 9,000 trees, to whoever it was asked.

I just saw a rocket and a yellow... duck? Not sure what it was. (But who would put a rocket and a duck together?)

And about an hour ago there was a holly egg^^ <3

hello all, at it again. i haven't seen anything good in like 12 hours. it's weird.... i think i'm voting all the katamari so everyone else can see some cool ones.... dry.gif

edit: i should say by "good" i mean picture trees- i've been waiting days to see some of the ones people have talked about. i've seen many well-decorated traditional trees, but not anything funny or clever to talk about! wink.gif

Edited by misfitknits

I finally saw the DC tree the other day. I had to laugh xd.png That thing's famous as far as trees go now, isn't it?

On an unrelated side-note, anyone see TJ's latest tweet? :3

I wonder if anyone like my tree... After seeing some awesome designs, my tree looks horribly simple...

Edit: "like my try..." What the hell, Shokomon. I must be tired.

Edited by Shokomon