TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I have been voting, well over 1200 trees so far, and still haven't seen the

ones I see being talked about here, how could all the trees get a vote and

are we all seeing the same ones? Has anyone actually gotten to a point

that it indicates "you have voted on every tree entered"...

Has anyone actually gotten to a point

Yeh, there have been such players. smile.gif

I have been voting, well over 1200 trees so far, and still haven't seen the

ones I see being talked about here, how could all the trees get a vote and

are we all seeing the same ones? Has anyone actually gotten to a point

There are between 8000 and 9000 trees. I have yet to see the gay wedding one... and I have seen LOADS today that I have seen talked about and not seen before. It's just random.

I'm so ready to be done voting but I have become addicted now *sigh* I'm going to go through withdrawl when this is done lol rolleyes.gif

There are between 8000 and 9000 trees. I have yet to see the gay wedding one... and I have seen LOADS today that I have seen talked about and not seen before. It's just random.

Seen the gay wedding one yesterday. Not bad, I gave it an 8, since it's nicely decorated. smile.gif

I wonder how many trees do I have left?

I wanna know how people got some of those garland bits to duplicate? The multi-colored cube-looking one, for example?? I only got one bit of it and I only missed two days of ornaments.....and the rest of the bits weren't given on the two I missed. How did you guys make full garlands out of one?

Yeah I've been a bit fair I think. If it actually LOOKS like a Christmas tree, themed or not, it got a high score. If it was an average tree that looked like several others it got around 5. Too many or too few or didn't make sense (like using ALL the tree toppers) got a low score. Have yet to see a tree that has alt pics formed into it, like the death star one I heard about earlier in the thread.

I wanna know how people got some of those garland bits to duplicate? The multi-colored cube-looking one, for example?? I only got one bit of it and I only missed two days of ornaments.....and the rest of the bits weren't given on the two I missed. How did you guys make full garlands out of one?

After requesting the "Add twenty lights and popcorn garland", they would appear on your tree decorating page, but were stacked atop one another so you only saw one. As you used one, the one underneath it would be revealed, and so on.

so is decorating finished at midnight tonight and winners contacted tomorrow or......forgive me I get confused very easily

so is decorating finished at midnight tonight and winners contacted tomorrow or......forgive me I get confused very easily

winners are contacted on the 20th, but voting is done at midnight tomorrow.

I wonder if there is anyone that has clicked all the trees tongue.gif

There are quite a few who have. I am not one of them, but I hope to be... They have posted about it, here and in another thread.

I wish people hadn't tried to make a zigzag pattern with the multicoloured tinsel and the silver - it just doesn't work sad.gif

xd.png I sort of throw all my junk on my tree to test it out the day before submission, got busy, thought I could do something nice in time but I collapsed in bed and I woke up to a stuck image of an absolutely horrendous mishmash of baubles.

At least you got something ON your tree. huh.gif I've seen several trees with nothing on them and a bunch of decorations NEXT to them, like someone was thinking: Yeah, I'm gonna decorate my tree later.

And then it didn't happen.

Will we be able to see, how good (bad) our tree was voted, when voting is over?

I don't think so. TJ's decided to hide the scores to avoid drama and upset from people with low scores and score comparisons. And rightly so, IMO.

I don't think so. TJ's decided to hide the scores to avoid drama and upset from people with low scores and score comparisons. And rightly so, IMO.

sad.gif

But I want to know, if I got at least higher rating than 4. tongue.gif

Your vote has been successfully recorded. Now displaying another tree...

You have voted on all tree submissions. Thank you for your votes.

Oh man, darn it. This was great fun. Sorry about the trees caught in the glitch. Some of my favourites were the luxuriousy decorated. Some with tinsel garlands used so well, too. Reminded me of the joy of Christmas. Also the sparsely but beautifully adorned.. Some reminded me of the trees my parents decorated outside the house with bird feeders and baubles and the birds come to visit, bringing the tree to life outside the frosty windows.

Incredible or fun ideas well executed and magical themes got high scores too, and so many had the cutest little touches. Couldn't bring myself to give low scores to anyone who clearly tried. And voted well on some nicely done trees that may have had a stray garland or ornaments off to the side. I hope there's a great variety in the winning circle. Darn it, didn't want to finish yet. Didn't even get weary of seeing the same types. Each is different. Was fun. Good luck and happy new year everyone.

sad.gif

But I want to know, if I got at least higher rating than 4. tongue.gif

*shrugs* Sorry. None of the rest of us know what we got either, if that's any consolation!

does anyone know who won? or has it not been posted yet?

as TJ said, the winners will be contacted on the 20th biggrin.gif

Plus I get the impression the winners won't be publically announced, since that might put the other eggs on their scroll in danger (not to mention set them up for a ton of begging.) I don't know if there will be a post at least showing us which trees won, but the winners will know because TJ will email them.

I think honestly that judging it purely subjective. Everyone has a different standard and what might be a 7 for one person would be rated a 4 by someone else.

I really judged based on whether or not the tree looks like something I would have in my apartment if I had room for a tree.

There were some incredibly creative ones that looked cool, and I was pretty benevolent about the use of ornaments around the tree if it looked like it was planned that way. But that's jut me.

I had fun doing it, and while I'd like to be an honorable mention, I'm not going to be devastated if I'm not. I do like that TJ is keeping the scores hidden to avoid unnecessary drama.