TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

there are between 8 and 9 thousand trees. the actul number is known only to TJ and maybe some mods.

Nevermind - I finally saw that we have almost - 9K to get through. How do we know, anyhow? Is there an official report?

There are not nearly OVER NINE THOUSAND, but I believe that's the only thing TJ's said. So 8000-9000 trees, but I haven't heard anything concrete.

Considering a day or so in all the trees had received 120+ votes, I wouldn't worry about any trees not receiving enough votes or a bunch of trees receiving a bunch less votes than others. The finally tally will be taken by average, anyway, which should even out any voting number inconsistencies.

I also have to agree that I really don't see why people would vote empty trees 10's. Yes, the artist who did the tree did a fabulous job, but this is about how the user decorated it, not how well the artist did in spriting the tree (and the artists who did the presents). You may think it's creative the first five times you run across it, but wait until you've seen it fifty+ times. I will be sad if people upvoting blank trees pushes decorated trees out from the top 200. 3:

And I know some people's trees glitched and gave them empty trees, and I'm sorry that happened, but I have to vote on basis of what the tree looks like, not if I feel sorry for the user. <3

I also have to agree that I really don't see why people would vote empty trees 10's. Yes, the artist who did the tree did a fabulous job, but this is about how the user decorated it, not how well the artist did in spriting the tree (and the artists who did the presents). You may think it's creative the first five times you run across it, but wait until you've seen it fifty+ times. I will be sad if people upvoting blank trees pushes decorated trees out from the top 200. 3:

And I know some people's trees glitched and gave them empty trees, and I'm sorry that happened, but I have to vote on basis of what the tree looks like, not if I feel sorry for the user. <3

My thoughts exactly. smile.gif

On another note, how many people are crazy like me and at least half wish that at the end of the voting, it would go: "round 2 - top 25-50% rated trees, cast your new vote" and so on till it was narrowed down a little. lol rolleyes.gif I really would only want that to see which ones are liked over all. smile.gif

I... I'm done.

I've voted on all of them. I did around 1800 yesterday, and about 2300 today, so I must have totally blown my estimates for the first few days (I thought I'd done around 2000).

Though I fall into a category, no one's tree could be mistaken for mine; I'm proud of that. I found that when I first started voting, I thought I totally had a chance to win, but as I got towards the end, I started to lose confidence. I think I still have a chance, but it feels very much up in the air. People are so picky about what they like and dislike that I don't feel like I can read the situation at all. That's not to say that they're wrong -- I'm picky as heck myself.

i'll never get finished D:

then you'll have something to do for a long time happy.gif

I doubt I'll finish in time either, but I don't really care...

I hope it doesn't hinge on having to vote for all of them! I can't do 9000 trees, I simply can't. I didn't even try to count what I've voted for so far, but good Lord.... to hear that people have FINISHED voting, and I've no idea if I've even made a dent in the process...

*head spins*

Looking forward to the end of this.

I have seen the Pac Man tree! user posted image * * * * * laugh.gif

Perfect stopping point for the evening. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll see a few more of the ones people keep mentioning here!

I hope it doesn't hinge on having to vote for all of them! I can't do 9000 trees, I simply can't. I didn't even try to count what I've voted for so far, but good Lord.... to hear that people have FINISHED voting, and I've no idea if I've even made a dent in the process...

*head spins*

Looking forward to the end of this.

no, no, no! you don't have to vote for all the trees!! i don't think anyone *tj or mods, or organizers of the event* thought that the majority of people would vote on all @8,500 trees!!! that's just not probable, nor is it likely for *most* people!! unless you're a freak like me and have alot.png of time on your hands!!!! *i don't know what everyone else's excuse is, but that is mine!!! tongue.gif

tip for faster voting: the fastest thing i'm doing *that is also keeping me sane* is to just go with gut instinct. it makes it go much faster, but i've also found that if i deviate from that number, i regret it in the end! so for any katamari trees, or blank trees, it literally takes 2-3 seconds!!! for the ones that you have to really look at and take your time, it's okay because the other trees only took 2-3 seconds!!!! laugh.gif

Well, seeing all the fantastic and creative trees out there, I'm somewhat less confident mine will win anything, but I will certainly be keeping my eyes open for the winning dragons' progeny once people begin to breed. happy.gif There are some AMAZING designs out there. Well done little Tree designers!

*continues to plug away at the voting process*

well I know I have prolly covered around 4000 trees... only like 10'0000 more to go! smile.gif

well I know I have prolly covered around 4000 trees... only like 10'0000 more to go! smile.gif

nah, if you've done 4000 then your half way there.

cool.gif lol

edit: typo rolleyes.gif

Edited by DragonLady86

oh, oh, oh!!!!! just saw one of the ones i've been waiting for!!! *i'm pretty sure i'm quite close to the end here, there are just a select few concept trees that i haven't seen yet*

there have been many that had the nutcracker/angel/gingerbread man together, like they were getting married. but this one had the nutcracker and angel together in the middle of the tree, with a large heart surrounding them made out of ornaments, and then the bell ornament hanging above that! sweet as sugar!

the other ones that i haven't seen yet: pac man, 2 fish trees, wolf/coyote and the dc logo one *dragon coming out of the DC, not just the letters DC*

*crosses fingers* i think i'm pretty close to being done voting!!! pushing it hard over here, in a completely non-nasty way! laugh.gif

ETA: oh man, i just saw a really cute one!!! but unfortunately, i couldn't give it a very high score, because while the concept was super cute, the tree was katamari!!! sad.gif

but on the side, those gourd-shaped ornaments were stacked up, and then the dragons were standing on them and then at the very top, was one of the birds, trying to put the star on top of the tree!!!! was a cute idea!!!

ETA: *yes, again! where is everyone in this thread?!?! i keep having to edit instead of post... this is going to be the longest post in human history!* i just a really freaking awesome dragon tree!!!! some of these dragon trees are just amazing!!! i don't know how they do it!!! blink.gif

Edited by misfitknits

then you'll have something to do for a long time happy.gif

I doubt I'll finish in time either, but I don't really care...

lol >_< i try and do a few trees every few 30 minutes my fingers get tired of clicking

D= why did I did a traditional tree? Everyone seems to prefer the original ones xd.png

Edited by Mystic_Solara

D= why did I did a traditional tree? Everyone seems to prefer the original ones xd.png

actually, i like the traditional ones more! the reason i *and i think most other people* are posting which concept trees they've seen, it's more like a game of hide and seek! someone says "oh, i saw the fish one!!" when someone reads that and then they see the tree, it's like "omg, i just saw that one too!!"

it's more like a game of tag, so to speak! but i decorated my tree traditionally as well. and i like the ones that you could pull off in real life, rather than ones that have ornaments floating in outer space!!! tongue.gif

ETA: hahahaha, i saw the infamous naked tree, with the single gray bauble on it!!!! ROFL!!!! and i think i saw a tree that had a bird of prey going in for the kill on a rat... blink.gif

ETA: woah, definitely the biggest dragon i've seen so far- the whole tree was the dragon!!! laugh.gif

Edited by misfitknits

Actually, I've seen strong supporters of original ones and strong supporters of traditional ones. And then people like me who have voted both types high and low. :3

actually, i like the traditional ones more! the reason i *and i think most other people* are posting which concept trees they've seen, it's more like a game of hide and seek! someone says "oh, i saw the fish one!!" when someone reads that and then they see the tree, it's like "omg, i just saw that one too!!"

it's more like a game of tag, so to speak! but i decorated my tree traditionally as well. and i like the ones that you could pull off in real life, rather than ones that have ornaments floating in outer space!!! tongue.gif

Oh, I see. Even thought I like the original ones, I too prefer those you could do in real life. Mine is pretty similar to the one that decorates my living room every year, in fact xd.png

And so far I've only seen the Fire breathing dragon tree! I'm looking forward To see the rest:p

Has anyone seen the double tree? someone took all the ornaments and made a second tree right nest to the reg. tree its really awesome and pretty! Who ever you are you got a 10 from me!!!

Has anyone seen the double tree? someone took all the ornaments and made a second tree right nest to the reg. tree its really awesome and pretty! Who ever you are you got a 10 from me!!!

I saw one of those, I am not sure if it is the same one.

i dont think ill be able to finish them all x-x

Most people won't. I'd go mad if I aimed for all of them.