TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

...anyone see TJ's latest tweet? :3

Nope, I wouldn't even know where to look for it, heh.

Care to share?

Nope, I wouldn't even know where to look for it, heh.

Care to share?

It was something about sitting down and finishing coding teleport. biggrin.gif

Gah, I am so tired of voting for trees. If I do any more right now I may start dreaming about the things. DX They're all starting to blur together now.

Edited by LascielsShadow

And a tree with a Breast cancer/AIDS ribbon. 10!!!

Is that what that was? I couldn't tell and just gave it a 5-6.

Also, unless it was pink, it could have been a ribbon for anything. There's multicolored ribbons for everything now. I founded the Purple Ribbon Foundation for the Preservation of Commas. (We have dozens of members!)

Woot! I just ratetd 113 trees within ten minutes! 8D

But I'm starting to get angry at CHRISTMAS DECORATION! Maybe I should stop...

Well I had to stop for a bit as I was getting a migraine so back to voting today

I have not seen the cool trees yet I am getting mundane ones lol I think

I'm glad to have finished voting on tree's last night.

Whew.... that's a load off.

Keep up the good work you can do it.

One thing I'm discovering, the more I vote, is that eeeeeevery time I get to the point where I snap and decide that I totally HATE some specific type of tree... red-and-gold, or ultra-cluttered, or picture, uses-all-six-toppers, garlanded, words or numbers, heart, face, or objects-floating-in-space... whatever it might be... because I've just seen a hundred others of that type and not a one of them held the slightest bit of appeal, that's the exact moment that DC serves up a tree in the same style, but so beautifully designed and executed that suddenly I'm a fan.

Yes, I have the same problem. And also the other way round. I love rainbow trees - but then there's that one rainbow tree that looks like the cat dragged it in through the pet door. xd.png Or I love picture trees. But then there's that tree coming up that has to be a picture, and despite staring at it for a full minute, I cannot make head or tail of it.

Or, one of my pet peeves, way too many floating objects... and then there's a wreath floating near the top of the tree, or a bird with a small ornament in its beak. Or the top of the frame is decorated with blinking lights or popcorn garlands hung with other ornaments - lovely!

I just saw a rocket and a yellow... duck? Not sure what it was. (But who would put a rocket and a duck together?)

Probably not a duck, but a space chicken. (Ever heard of them? It's a really cute naming/story concept for chicken.) I know that one's one I'll give high marks for creativity if I see it. smile.gif

Edited by olympe

Just saw three "DC" trees in a row. I usually only get one every 20-30 trees, so that surprised me. tongue.gif

Probably not a duck, but a space chicken. (Ever heard of them? It's a really cute naming/story concept for chicken.) I know that one's one I'll give high marks for creativity if I see it. smile.gif

I do know the space chickens! If I knew that it was one of them, I would have rated it higher (gave it a 7...)

My internet crapped out on me early this morning (around 2am my time.... 4am DC time), and wouldn't let me back on. It is now 3pm and the first time I've been able to get back online. Thanks a lot, internet, for slowing down my tree-voting!

I'm finding I'm anti-tinsel. I really don't like the tinsel much. And when a tree has ALL THE TINSEL IN THE WORLD on it, I get very salty.

Also, the face trees creep me out.

I'm finding I'm anti-tinsel.  I really don't like the tinsel much.  And when a tree has ALL THE TINSEL IN THE WORLD on it, I get very salty. 

Also, the face trees creep me out.

While I agree with you on the tinsel, I have to apologize for my little tree. I loved its sweet, funny face when I did it. Maybe it's one of the better ones (I hope!) but my apologies to anyone creeped out by the poor baby.

As far as my voting goes, it has slowed to a snail's pace over the last two and a half days, as my connection is moving so horribly slow that about one in five voting tickets expire before they post, and it fades out completely with every 15th or 20th page. blink.gif

I don't think I will ever get through all the trees -- did we ever figure out how many there are? I start getting pretty random after looking at 40 or 50 trees and have to quit. I take a break and come back and am better for awhile. Rinse. Repeat. wink.gif

Your vote has been successfully recorded. Now displaying another tree...

You have voted on all tree submissions. Thank you for your votes.

Sometimes it was an eyesore, but there were several pretty trees as well. The most funny single feature probably was a cardinal with a potato head I saw today.

While I agree with you on the tinsel, I have to apologize for my little tree. I loved its sweet, funny face when I did it. Maybe it's one of the better ones (I hope!) but my apologies to anyone creeped out by the poor baby.

As far as my voting goes, it has slowed to a snail's pace over the last two and a half days, as my connection is moving so horribly slow that about one in five voting tickets expire before they post, and it fades out completely with every 15th or 20th page. blink.gif

awww, don't feel bad about your little face tree!!!! sad.gif there are some that are cleverly done, or are funny!! just like traditional trees: some are good, some are bad. or any other genre you can think of!!!

anyways: i just saw my second space helmet tree!!! *using the clear bubble ornaments as helmets over the birds, gingerbread man, nut cracker, angel* this one was better than the first one i saw, more cohesive!!

YES!!!! just saw the shooting star tree!!! i'm so happy! xd.png

on another note: i just saw another TJ tree.... like he's really going to pick a tree that is a shrine of himself?!?! that's pretty disturbing, actually. i mean, think of the posts that would be in this, and other threads! there's no way he'd do it simply because it would be SO controversial!!! not to mention- it's not very creative. smacks of desperation....

ETA: i've seen a few trees with peace signs, which i love!! happy.gif and i didn't even *hear* about the vampire one.... hope i didn't miss it....

That is kinda mean. I had a TJ tree. I am not doing it so he would pick but i am doing it to honor TJ. and i think mine was very creative.

yes, i'm sorry, it was kind of harsh. that was last night, maybe all the tree voting went to my head... blink.gif i just think it's weird... that's all.

edited to add: and i don't know what you're personal tree looked like, that was a generalized statement. maybe yours is cute and creative, i wouldn't know. some of them look like shrines.... that is where creepy comes in. we're all grateful to tj for starting DC, everyone knows that we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him!

Edited by misfitknits

oh my gosh. I just saw a tree that had two ornaments together and it looked like a spider at first and it scared the heck out of me. hahaha. I jumped so high, i thought there was a spider on my screen, and I'm terrified of spiders. I don't know if they did it on purpose, but I applaude who ever did it.

oh, awesome!!! i haven't seen a spider yet!!!

oh, and i wanted to say a while back: the most creative use of the clear bubbles was putting them behind the flame of the little candles- it made it look like the candles were giving a really cool glow. like a colored candle aura!!! laugh.gif

Congrats to everyone who managed to vote on ALL the trees! smile.gif

Yeah I congratulate them also as there is no way I am getting thru them all

after a while the flashing lights give me a migraine

I just saw one where the round, brown ornament with the hole in it was "shooting" a planetary-looking ornament that had the gold star behind it, which made it look like it was exploding. The lazer beam was made of two candies. I think it was supposed to be a representation of the Death Star from Star Wars blowing up a planet. X^D

EDIT: I also saw one with a menorah (sp?) on it. It was really cool!

Edited by vangar