TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

aaahhh yes, the "tree in a tree" tree, as i call it! wink.gif the one i saw was rather well done

uugghh, i thought i would be able to finish tonight, but there is no end in sight yet!!! i keep thinking the screen with the "you're done" message will pop up, but it's always another tree!!!!! dry.gif

Oh man, I missed a whole day of voting yesterday since I was away from my puter. well, just have to make up for it today, huh? laugh.gif

Edit: I'm actually beginning to talk to the trees when I'm voting them...like, "hey nice one". "Uh oh, you poor angel, having a dragon sit on your head must be painful." "Oh wow, yet another blank one, you're outta her..pffft." xd.png

Edited by calenlass

Actually, I've seen strong supporters of original ones and strong supporters of traditional ones. And then people like me who have voted both types high and low. :3

This.

I vote basically on the general impression and that may be harmonious or not to me, independent of originality or traditionality.

Wondering if anyone else has seen the phoenix/dragon tree? (Not sure which) Oh, and the /terrifying/ tree with hands that looks like it wants to hug you? xd.png

I just saw the first DC-tree I actually liked. It had the letters formed as ornaments around the stars and they were hanging from a popcorn garland above the three, not just floating around or on the tree where 'real' decorations should be imo.

And the only thing I was still proud of with my own tree, the fact that I hadn't seen anyone who used the same ornament combination as a topper, is now gone sad.gif

o.o

Still going strong, not going to finish before the deadline -.-

Yes there is. Two have posted that they reached the end.

I finished yesterday afternoon. Blanked for a second when I got the page... thinking I forgot to vote again...

Read the message and... what should I do now??? Goes off to poke her dragons to grow up!

Has anyone seen the double tree? someone took all the ornaments and made a second tree right nest to the reg. tree its really awesome and pretty! Who ever you are you got a 10 from me!!!

I think I saw this one, but I voted it really low. I don't like the katamari trees, and that's what the "fake" one was. The real tree was just a string of lights or something. The ones that get the highest ratings from me are the ones I look at and go, "Wow, that's beautiful!"

*still haven't seen the pac man tree*

Edited by raevela

What was really interesting was that yesterday I saw this gorgeous tree, so pretty, well-balanced and colorful, not to many ornaments, not bare, Just perfect. I had begun to lean on the non-traditional trees, with my max rating an 8 for one of them. Then I saw that tree and rated it a 10 without thinking. The other trees can be cool, but in the long run, I think traditional wins.

D= why did I did a traditional tree? Everyone seems to prefer the original ones xd.png

I don't !!!

I just saw a (traditional) tree I actually like WAY better than mine. This is very depressing ! I'd have given mine an 8 or a 9 before, but now... *sobs*

I saw a menorah tree and a David's star tree. Nice ones, I really liked them. smile.gif

Who put the gingerbread man on the tiny horse ? Nice one !

I do think that when you have the BIG dragons down the sides of the tree,and a teeny tiny topper, it looks very unbalanced. And I wish the owner of a tree I just saw that was otherwise GORGEOUS had left the tinsel off.... It spoiled it completely - so sad sad.gif

Wow ! Just saw one with just green and white and tinsel. That was unusual and very pretty.

Edited by fuzzbucket

actually, i like the traditional ones more! the reason i *and i think most other people* are posting which concept trees they've seen, it's more like a game of hide and seek! someone says "oh, i saw the fish one!!" when someone reads that and then they see the tree, it's like "omg, i just saw that one too!!"

it's more like a game of tag, so to speak! but i decorated my tree traditionally as well. and i like the ones that you could pull off in real life, rather than ones that have ornaments floating in outer space!!!

It's more likely that the picture or concept trees are way easier to describe. If you say "I saw a pacman tree", people have a very fair idea of what you're talking about, and it's unlikely that there are more than a dozen pacman trees around. If, on the other hand, you say "I saw this gorgeous traditional tree" - well, people will have a hard time recognizing it, no matter how much detail you give.

What makes me kinda xd.png is that it looks like my 7-year-old daughter's tree has a way better chance at winning than my own. It's humbling, really. biggrin.gif Then, again, I should have known. When she was around 3, she actually did some small things to decorations in department stores (before I could stop her), and they actually looked better afterwards.

I've seen a few trees way better than mine. Saw a lovely reef alongside a dragon's nest. Pity they were nothing to do with the tree.

I do hate it when there is clearly a picture and you can't figure out what it is.... I have looked at this one for a while - but if I don't vote, I'll lose my ticket. But I can't give it a high mark... though I prefer traditional anyway...

Hi! It's the first time I write on this forum and maybe I should write a presentation in the right section... However! I'm italian and I'm sorry for my english.

I have decorated my tree in traditional way, in a soft gold theme, but with two dragons to "protect" the tree and his magic.

I have given high rate to traditional trees with a valid use of the dragons, and very low rate for people who have put all their decoration on the tree creating only caos, and who put some decoration out of the tree but in the visible picture.

Hello from Tuscany.

Hi! It's the first time I write on this forum and maybe I should write a presentation in the right section... However! I'm italian and I'm sorry for my english.

I have decorated my tree in traditional way, in a soft gold theme, but with two dragons to "protect" the tree and his magic.

I have given high rate to traditional trees with a valid use of the dragons, and very low rate for people who have put all their decoration on the tree creating only caos, and who put some decoration out of the tree but in the visible picture.

Hello from Tuscany.

^^ Welcome to the forums! Hope you're having fun voting on all the trees! smile.gif

Welcom from me too!

It is really hard work voting on all the trees. Thanks to TJ for giving us so much time.

Welcome and have fun! <3 wub.gif

I spent a lot of time voting yesterday - hopefully I've done a significant number of trees. smile.gif

Can I ask where a person goes to vote? I've been waiting to vote and can't find anything, link or otherwise. Perhaps I missed something somewhere?

Welcom from me too!

It is really hard work voting on all the trees. Thanks to TJ for giving us so much time.

I don't think I will be able to vote on all trees, even with so much time tongue.gif

Then, again, I should have known. When she was around 3, she actually did some small things to decorations in department stores (before I could stop her), and they actually looked better afterwards.

I have left the Lurksville city limits to just say, this is what makes it all worth it. cool.gif this is what it's all about.

i'm not stressing about voting on every single tree (do have other things to attend to in a day), but i've seen some very pretty trees. i'm just having fun with this, not making it a 'job' per se, lol. i'm voting on overall impression it leaves me with, no matter the style. 10's, 9's & 8's go right on out if it's got me smiling. that's what a Christmas tree is supposed to do, right? fill ya will cheer and that goofy smile you had when you were little on Christmas morning. wink.gif

Edited by Lynxkatt2000

Im really glad I had the timing to read the above e post. SO right...just so right. I love what I love I made a too busy tree because of nostalga and I have votes on tress with far less because they were nivce pretty creative fun some or none of the above.

I liked them I voted. Ha. smile.gif

Thanks all for efforts. Those who suffered the glitch...Please try again next year or in another contest. I havent seen my own so it may have glitched.

HUGS all.