TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

huh.gif Takes loooong look at her Perso... nope, still German.

You shouldn't generalize like that. The blinking lights are used so often because you normally do have a string of lights (or two or more) on your tree, no matter where you come from. A Christmas tree has lights, end of story.

Most time it's a string of non-blinking lights, but beggars can't be choosers.

In my experience, most tend to have non-blinking ones because the fuse blew and you cannot be bothered to crawl under the tree to replace it smile.gif

But I know that many countries they are less common than in the UK and Canada - my norms for reference !

Thuban, don't forget: Your keep looking for the pickle. Even when it's a Katamari tree.

And if suddenly the following message appears on your screen, then you know you spent too much time in front of the computer in the last couple of days. huh.gif

You have voted on all tree submissions. Thank you for your votes.

And if suddenly the following message appears on your screen, then you know you spent too much time in front of the computer in the last couple of days. huh.gif

D8 You did it! Congrats!

And I'm kind of fed up with so many people blowing their tops over pixellated Christmas trees.

People need to chill out. I see so many people on all the tree threads going on about how much they just haaaaate a certain kind of tree and how they'll automatically give it a 1 or lower points. I...don't quite understand. These are just trees, right? You don't have to look through them all and you don't have to come onto the forums and shout about how so many of them suck. It seems like every other post is just unpleasant.

And I'm apparently the only person who is bothered by this.

Anyway. I think I saw the clown design on the first day. Gave it a 7, I think.

Not the only one but, usually pointing it out ends up with people pointing fingers or getting defensive. And then you end up with an argument. Argument gets squelched but leave tension. There isn't much to do but try to steer conversation back onto a nicer path.

Because I do have a twisted send of humor, I do find it funny that there are as many complaints about Katamari trees as red/gold/blue/silver/face/rainbow/lights etc. Usually followed by complaints about trees all looking the same. Of course, if any of the previous categories of trees were removed, that would be that much less variety. xd.png

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Your vote has been successfully recorded. Now displaying another tree...

O_O woah... you sure spent a lot of time voting

Edited by Nyastara

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

omigod. D:

congrats! i wish you could tell me exactly how many trees you rated XD

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, so it is possible to get through them all! I may try now since it isn't impossible.

And if suddenly the following message appears on your screen, then you know you spent too much time in front of the computer in the last couple of days.  huh.gif

waaah! I wanted to be the first to post that I've voted on all of them. Congrats to you all now go get some air. tongue.gif Unfortantly, I have not made it yet. sad.gif

as for time i lost count around twenty hours total.

Edited by DragonLady86

Wow!

I'm in awe of those who have got through all of the trees!

Congratulations to you.

Not the only one but, usually pointing it out ends up with people pointing fingers or getting defensive. And then you end up with an argument. Argument gets squelched but leave tension. There isn't much to do but try to steer conversation back onto a nicer path.

Because I do have a twisted send of humor, I do find it funny that there are as many complaints about Katamari trees as red/gold/blue/silver/face/rainbow/lights etc. Usually followed by complaints about trees all looking the same. Of course, if any of the previous categories of trees were removed, that would be that much less variety. xd.png

But...but...they're Christmas trees. Symbols of cheer and joy and goodwill to men. Isn't this a tad ironic?

I really don't think a 'type' of tree defines how bad or good it is. I judge by the niceness of the look and the creativity evident. I certainly don't hate any of the ones I've seen.

How long did it take to vote on them all? lol

Days. I have been spending too much time voting...but I was scroll-locked anyway, so it seemed like a good time to get it done.

Now, still scroll-locked, so it is time to name my dragons.

I think my tree came out really nice, and was sort of thinking maybe I'd win something...

And then I did the math, and realized that only one out of every 170 trees will win a prize.  My tree is nice, but I don't know if it's the nicest out of a group of 170.  xd.png 

So please don't be sad, those of us who don't end up winning-- your tree may still have been 1-in-100 good!

Yes, I thought about the same thing.

To reach the final cut of 200 would be between a 1-in-40 and a 1-in-45 chance. I like those odds. After judging for a while, it seems to me that only one tree in 40 is well-constructed anyway, so any well-done tree has a good chance of getting to the finals.

But divide that chance in four and it nearly disappears. In any group of 160 trees, I have always seen a tree that is as good or better than mine.

It would be nice if trees that were finalists would get a little "2011 Finalist" badge in the corner of the tree page. It would give the extra 150 people whose trees were selected as finalists by the community but not good enough for a prize a little pick-me-up. :-)

Edited by tjekan

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay xd.png

*gives you the badge "Power-voter"

Yay xd.png

*gives you the badge "Power-voter"

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

WOW !

Days. I have been spending too much time voting...but I was scroll-locked anyway, so it seemed like a good time to get it done.

Now, still scroll-locked, so it is time to name my dragons.

I promised the first one a geode from my dragons (5th gen and thuwed). (If they don't refuse...)

PM me if you want me to breed it for you. smile.gif

IF i do though, i will definitely ask for a CB Holly. Next year, when they're breedable, holly eggs could be worth a lot.

Do keep in mind that we will almost certainly have teleport by the time hollies are produced by breeding again. No one can promise more than one egg, and anyone who takes an IOU should do everything they reasonably can to ensure they are the only one promised an egg.

Like some other people, I have trouble "seeing" some of the pictures people have made. I stared at one from different angles for so long, the time expired. Yes, it was definitely arranged to be some sort of picture. (I've seen it mentioned since). Maybe it's the way my brain processes things: most Cubism/abstract art leaves me cold. I try to vote on the overall effect it leaves me with, though.

And I'm kind of fed up with so many people blowing their tops over pixellated Christmas trees.

People need to chill out. I see so many people on all the tree threads going on about how much they just haaaaate a certain kind of tree and how they'll automatically give it a 1 or lower points. I...don't quite understand. These are just trees, right? You don't have to look through them all and you don't have to come onto the forums and shout about how so many of them suck. It seems like every other post is just unpleasant.

And I'm apparently the only person who is bothered by this.

Anyway. I think I saw the clown design on the first day. Gave it a 7, I think.

Well, I'M worked up that YOU'RE worked up about OTHER PEOPLE getting worked up about PIXILATED TREES!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!

cool.gif

But seriously, some of the trees are just ugly, and the people who fret about them are simply expressing their opinions and getting into the voting game (which happens to be fun, in a boring sort of way). That's what this Christmas Tree forum is for. Although I don't like it when people bash rainbow trees . . . I made a rainbow tree. . . . dry.gif

I promised the first one a geode from my dragons (5th gen and thuwed). (If they don't refuse...)

PM me if you want me to breed it for you. smile.gif

Thank you, but I was not first. Counselor beat me.

Thank you, but I was not first. Counselor beat me.

And if suddenly the following message appears on your screen, then you know you spent too much time in front of the computer in the last couple of days.  huh.gif

@Counselor: Offer goes to you: 5th gen thuwed Geode (if they don't refuse). PM me. smile.gif