TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Dang!  I keep clicking on the Christmas trees but I guess I'm too slow...  I haven't been able to catch any yet!

Were you trying to get a Katamari, a Crapalanche or a Blue and Silver Spare? Those are reasonably common, and should just take a little patient clicking. The Well Done Classic and Well Done Traditional seem to be rare, but DCs seem to be fairly common and shouldn't be too hard to catch!

ROFLMAO!

Were you trying to get a Katamari, a Crapalanche or a Blue and Silver Spare?  Those are reasonably common, and should just take a little patient clicking.  The Well Done Classic and Well Done Traditional seem to be rare, but DCs seem to be fairly common and shouldn't be too hard to catch!

ROFLMAO!

xd.png!!!

If only we had tree teleport, then maybe I could trick convince some nice player to trade me a winning tree for mine!

But CB special prize will be even rarer !

Totally agree. If I was lucky enough to get any of those top thirty spots I'd be taking the special dragon without doubt. biggrin.gif

I feel really bad when I know someone spent time and effort making an image out of the ornaments and I cant make out what it is... TwT

It's not your fault that the design isn't sufficiently clear.

If it's really your problem then be consoled by the fact that others will see the design and average out your lower rating.

It's not your fault that the design isn't sufficiently clear.

If it's really your problem then be consoled by the fact that others will see the design and average out your lower rating.

Exactly this.

The point of having so many of us vote is that there's a huge pool of preferences and POVs and when all of that is averaged out you're left with what most people will accept as being good enough to win the competition. But the only way for us to really be a part of that is to vote what we see and what we like - whether that means we can't make out a picture or an overall design intent, or we can and we just don't care for it.

I think that it's wonderful that everyone wants to be fair. But, in this case, fair is just about expressing your honest opinion, and people shouldn't feel bad about doing that at all.

Thankx for the trees TJ. First time I ever decorated one, but it was a lot of fun! laugh.gifbiggrin.gifcool.gifsmile.gifwub.gifxd.png See my smilies! Hoping to win, but if I don't just getting to play with my tree was great. Thank You!!!

Tree with a holly egg made from decorations! Could have been done better - it took me a while to work out what it was, what with the holly leaf being made of flashing lights - but the idea made me grin.

I've noticed that a lot of people stick all the clear ornaments together in one clump or line. Especially at the bottom of the tree. It looks really funny to me, and interrupts the flow of the rest of the ornaments.

I have two rows like that. If you look carefully they are seven colered rainbows. One is going from left to right and one is going right to left. Top is opaque and the bottom is clear. I substituted dark blue for indigo. LOL! The one color they missed! wub.gif

Edited by kingsdaughter613

Exactly this.

The point of having so many of us vote is that there's a huge pool of preferences and POVs and when all of that is averaged out you're left with what most people will accept as being good enough to win the competition. But the only way for us to really be a part of that is to vote what we see and what we like - whether that means we can't make out a picture or an overall design intent, or we can and we just don't care for it.

I think that it's wonderful that everyone wants to be fair. But, in this case, fair is just about expressing your honest opinion, and people shouldn't feel bad about doing that at all.

This. VERY this !

We can only vote as we each see fit. And given the variety of TREES out there, the variety of VOTES will be out there to match !

I think that they were trying to tell the person who would take a CB silver dragon as an honorable mention, instead of a CB Holly, that the number of CB Hollies is so low that it's a much rarer dragon. And, because aside from contests such as these no more CBs will ever appear of it, the opportunity to have one is vastly limited compared to that of a CB silver.

That is true. If I were lucky enough to win an honorable mention, I'd really HAVE to go with a holly because of that.

Sadly, I don't really see a path to victory for my tree. It's a nice-looking, well-balanced classic tree similar to dozens of other nice-looking, well-balanced classic tree. I'm guessing it will probably make the final cut of 200 (based on what I've seen from the judging I've done), but doesn't have anything in it to make it stand out in the final judging. Next time we have a contest like this, I will have to try to be a little more unique. :-)

One of my sons did something unique and cool with his topper, which I was surprised not to see more people do; however, the downside of that is that if nobody else tried to make one, that probably means most people won't RECOGNIZE it, either. It may be a smaller ethnic/local tradition than I'd realized. Oh, well... it has all been in good fun. :-D

For me, the prize thing for an honourable mention is a toss up between a holly and a CB breedable-only. I'm leaning towards a bluna, purely because I don't have one and it would actually be more unique than a CB holly.

(Any more tree breed names? A catalogue should be made)

Did anyone else see the eastern topper that was perched on the side of the tree, with the candle, uh, in place of the tree top? I wasn't sure if I should rate it up or down!

There are a lot like this, I do not think its a bad-tasted joke, but the persons figured, that the dragon has to grab something to hold onto the tree.....

No really. WTF are people thinking?

~Image Removed, Do not post trees or any part of trees.~

maaaybe it is just my dirty mind, but...remember the children guys!

I am fed up with gold and silver dragons/parrots/stars put on each other to have a shade of the other colour. I am fed up with transparent ornaments put over bright ones. I am fed up with 3 different garlands on one tree, especially when it is above the ornaments. Ornaments hovering near the tree in general. No matter if it is a form or just a glitch. And I can't stand anymore blinking lights! Everytime I close my eyes I see "blink blink blink"! (Why do Americans use so much coloured lights anyways?)

Also, those ridiculous "birds with ornaments in the beak decorating the tree". Oh yeah? Is this Cinderella or what?! Oh maaan! (Also birds with "space helmets" aka clear ornaments on the head....riiiight...)

The light the western is holding swapped against the TJ crystal definitely (with an I, not an A) gets one point lower. Sure, TJ looks through the winners, but this is sliy.

Haha, think I should have a break, before I FLIP! 1/10 of all the trees seem to be stuffed with every ornament! gnaaaah ninja.gif

Edited by _Z_

Were you trying to get a Katamari, a Crapalanche or a Blue and Silver Spare? Those are reasonably common, and should just take a little patient clicking. The Well Done Classic and Well Done Traditional seem to be rare, but DCs seem to be fairly common and shouldn't be too hard to catch!

*Has horrible flash of her Leetle Tree suddenly overloaded with stuff and with all of her dragons sitting on it blink.gif *

~Removed~

ROFL xd.png

I've seen a tree with the two Western doing the same to the parrots. Couldn't help but laugh, then rated it very low.

Edited by _Z_

Ok not sure if it was just my eyes and the fact I haven't been to sleep yet---

but I swear I just saw a tree with a clown face made out of the ornaments and it looked just like PennyWise. blink.gif

Edit: A lot of people seem to have missed the part of the rules that said you didn't have to use all the ornaments given. I have seem so many trees that look like the Christmas Spirit threw up on them. If a tree does not look too "junked up" it automatically gets a 5 from me. I have only given 2 10's and those trees made me just stop and say "Holy Carp, wish I had thought of doing that!". The majority are getting 6-8 tho.

Edited by Gabby6969

~Removed~

I am fed up with gold and silver dragons/parrots/stars put on each other to have a shade of the other colour. I am fed up with transparent ornaments put over bright ones. I am fed up with 3 different garlands on one tree, especially when it is above the ornaments. Ornaments hovering near the tree in general. No matter if it is a form or just a glitch. And I can't stand anymore blinking lights! Everytime I close my eyes I see "blink blink blink"! (Why do Americans use so much coloured lights anyways?)

Also, those ridiculous "birds with ornaments in the beak decorating the tree". Oh yeah? Is this Cinderella or what?! Oh maaan! (Also birds with "space helmets" aka clear ornaments on the head....riiiight...)

The light the western is holding swapped against the TJ crystal definitely (with an I, not an A) gets one point lower. Sure, TJ looks through the winners, but this is sliy.

Haha, think I should have a break, before I FLIP! 1/10 of all the trees seem to be stuffed with every ornament! gnaaaah  ninja.gif

Do you feel better for that? wink.gif

re: the topper - I would imagine the creator wouldn't have seen/realised what it looked like - surely...?

Edited by _Z_

re: the topper - I would imagine the creator wouldn't have seen/realised what it looked like - surely...?

I HOPE s/he wanted the dragon ride on the bird's back...

I just saw one with an AMAZING dragon out of ornaments, sitting on the tree and lurking around it...WOW!

Ok I really don't see what looks dirty about that?

Edit to avoid double posting--

There should be a 0 rating on here too because some of these trees don't even deserve a 1. sad.gif

Edited by Gabby6969

i really hope everyone gets a spot in this contest if i get an honorable mention i would want a silver ^^

I would take the Holly, for the reasons that the others have said.

My plan would be Holly, but I really don't see my tree making the top 200, since there are so many other good ones. I would rate my own as a 7.

I have a qustion: Is there already any information, how the "results" of the voting will be displayed?

Will we get a distribution of all trees with our personal result underneath, so we can see, what was best and what was average (like in a Gaussian distribution), or do we get no information at all?

If you find yourself getting angry over tree decorations to the point of flipping, perhaps it's time to take a break wink.gif

I'm surprised more people haven't been discussing the idea of having a custom code. That seems as nifty to me, as the having of something like a CB Holly.

Yes Quinney I do feel better now!

definitely (with an I, not an A) -> I am not a native speaker, sorry!

I know, I know. A good deal of those trees might be made by little children, but still. Where is the point in submitting a completely empty tree? (It is more beautiful than others, anyways...). I don't want to sound hateful, but my jaw dropping moments are only outnumbered by the WTF?!-moments.

There has also been a dragon topper with a strategically placed pickle, if you know what I mean. xd.png

user posted image

People are decorating their trees as they see fit. If you're getting mad at the trees for how they look, you should take a break.

I give all the trees that are decorated like they don't care what other people think an automatic 6, and then higher if I like it alot.png

This is so fun! I hope people like my tree!

@SturmFee: I can understand most of your complaints. But, please keep in mind that there was no other option to the blinking lights. I do not like them in RL, too. But 4 candles are not enough to decorate a christmas-tree. (Kaffeepause wink.gif )

Edited by drabrugon