TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Of course, this is exactly what somebody WOULD say if they didn't want you to know about the memo... ninja.gif

Shame on you, Evilminion, for playing with people's minds! You should go drink that other half-bottle of wine. xd.png

I've seen a few picture trees, too, where I couldn't tell what they were, and if I can't tell in about 15 seconds, I give it a mediocre rating and move on to the next one. I give the highest marks to the traditional trees that are beautiful to look at and look like the person spent some time trying to get it just right.

i really hope everyone gets a spot in this contest if i get an honorable mention i would want a silver ^^

Just something to consider, but if you take a CB Holly, you could almost certainly trade an egg from it next Christmas for a CB silver, and probably more than that (and a lot of people will trade now for a Holly IOU), and then you'd also have a Holly. Not trying to sway you, just putting it out there. smile.gif

Anyone else see the DC tree? Voted up... made me laugh.

Some poor soul was trying to make something... but I guess the layering didn't work out... gave em a 5 for effort xd.png

Honorable Message plox... but i would like one of those super-secret ninja dragons. even though they'll be breedable... who would want to drop such amazing dragons? Meh.

Just something to consider, but if you take a CB Holly, you could almost certainly trade an egg from it next Christmas for a CB silver, and probably more than that (and a lot of people will trade now for a Holly IOU), and then you'd also have a Holly. Not trying to sway you, just putting it out there. smile.gif

Heck, some people are offering some pretty nice things for 2nd gen commons from hollies. ^^

I finally saw one of the "TJ" trees. Kinda creative.

*really, really wonders how many she has left to vote on*

Just reading a few posts above. If I had honorable mention I would so go for a holly. Its the only dragon I am missing excluding neglected, but we cant ask for those so Holly it is.

I have seen some really pretty trees today. Not too crazy not to plain. I like them ^^

Shame on you, Evilminion, for playing with people's minds! You should go drink that other half-bottle of wine. xd.png

So far ahead of you that I can't even see you in the rear-view mirror. xd.png That half-bottle of wine has sustaned me through nearly 100 more tree votes this evening!

Particular favorite from the last little while: gingerbread man and toy soldier riding a dragon topper and a parrot topper, with what looked like swords made from the candles. Reminded me of that old videogame, Joust. biggrin.gif Two tipsy thumbs up and an 8 for that tree, thank you for the giggle!

It could be the hours of voting but I swear I saw a tree with a dragon peeing on it. xd.png

It could be the hours of voting but I swear I saw a tree with a dragon peeing on it. xd.png

That's kind of dreadful.

I feel really bad when I know someone spent time and effort making an image out of the ornaments and I cant make out what it is... TwT

I have been at this for so long now, those trees that have the baubles arranged close together in rows are starting to look like rounded teeth to me from some evil grinning tree monster... blink.gif

And seriously people, what is with the idea of arranging the ornaments veeeerrry nicely around the tree without putting any ON the tree? Don't you want a chance at being in the top 200?

I've seen a few picture trees, too, where I couldn't tell what they were, and if I can't tell in about 15 seconds, I give it a mediocre rating and move on to the next one. I give the highest marks to the traditional trees that are beautiful to look at and look like the person spent some time trying to get it just right.

Pretty much the same here.

So far I have hardly seen any awesome, imaginative trees that look better than pretty traditional ones.

i really hope everyone gets a spot in this contest if i get an honorable mention i would want a silver ^^

Please tell me you know there are only 13 cb hollies currently in the entirety of DC and probably 100x that cb silver?

Dang!  I keep clicking on the Christmas trees but I guess I'm too slow...  I haven't been able to catch any yet!

What? The trees are for catching in the cave?

I am little bit lost, where I can find contest trees to look and vote?

How do you rate a picture tree if you're not sure what the picture is?

If you can't tell - not high, I'd say - because there was no point !

What? The trees are for catching in the cave?

I am little bit lost, where I can find contest trees to look and vote?

That's either a joke or meant to be the little trees. Not those on the contest. Every now and then at the front page there is an "egg" with the description. "Why look, there is a little tree among the eggs" or something close to that.

I want one, too. But I am too slow as well T_T

Please tell me you know there are only 13 cb hollies currently in the entirety of DC and probably 100x that cb silver?

There were a TOTAL of 109 Hollies before Christmas 2010.

But I'd go for a unique. There is still a good chance of getting a really low gen Holly, after all.

Some of the trees are really wonderful!

I've given at least more than 15 10s!

The last ones I saw were a tree that said "I love you" and one who had.. or wings or sth heart shaped behind it... soooo beautiful!

It will be cool if we can see how many trees we have rated so far

There were a TOTAL of 109 Hollies before Christmas 2010.

But I'd go for a unique. There is still a good chance of getting a really low gen Holly, after all.

I think that they were trying to tell the person who would take a CB silver dragon as an honorable mention, instead of a CB Holly, that the number of CB Hollies is so low that it's a much rarer dragon. And, because aside from contests such as these no more CBs will ever appear of it, the opportunity to have one is vastly limited compared to that of a CB silver.

There are some really nice trees it is always hard to give the right points for them...

I've noticed that a lot of people stick all the clear ornaments together in one clump or line. Especially at the bottom of the tree. It looks really funny to me, and interrupts the flow of the rest of the ornaments. blink.gif

I've noticed that a lot of people stick all the clear ornaments together in one clump or line. Especially at the bottom of the tree. It looks really funny to me, and interrupts the flow of the rest of the ornaments. blink.gif

Well that's a shame. My tree started from a base of those and worked up.....

@ skauble. Fair point. Me thick ! But CB special prize will be even rarer !