TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

For the second time, (should have known it wouldn't last, lol) I'll abandon my determination to stop posting here to mention the fact that various (probably much younger) people likely used whatever left-over ornaments they had to fill in the missing bits on the dragons with no idea of how they might appear to those of us enjoying purient minds.

(And don't we just! xd.png A dirty mind being a joy forever and all...)

Also: me Canadian, me LUVS twinkling Christmas lights.

Possibly because it means that 'all that sparkles isn't snow', as it sometimes seems here - 'snow', like 'cold' being 4-letter words I, personally, find highly offensive.

I'm determined to keep voting at least until I find the marvelous trompe l'oeil doubled Christmas Tree I saw a screenshot of earlier and give it what may be the only '10' I have (so far) in me to give, even though my puter literally burnt out yesterday, going by the strong plastic smell and the one I'm lucky enough to be able to use right now TOTALLY SUCKS EVEN WORSE THAN MINE DID. *wails*

Still having a great time with this, though - thanks SO much, TJ and spriters!

Members please remember it is never necessary to insult other members, you do not have to love every tree. Vote accordingly, but do not be rude to or about other members or their trees on the forum.

Why don't you go for a CB female holly, then? That would be totally unique as all CB hollies so far are male.

Is that possible? I thought Hollies were a male-only species...

Come to think of it, can gender be requested?

doubtful.. you might be able to attempt to see if it would be influencable, though

The original CB hollies were all male, yes. Bred ones can be either gender.

Yay xd.png

*gives you the badge "Power-voter"

wow, i have absolutely no patience for 9000 trees but i want the badge so badly TT_TT

Heard rumors this year that you could influence bred holly eggs to be either male or female. (GLAD I heard it, too, because I needed mine to be male and wouldn't have thought to influence it otherwise! blink.gif)

As for lewd trees, well, I know Freud once said that sometimes a pickle is just a pickle, but I don't think he actually believed it. wink.gif

*wanders back to the voting, singing "O Pickle Tree, O Pickle Tree, wherever are thy trousers?"*

Just came across the pickle tree, and laughed so much! xd.png I gave it a 10. smile.gif

And the LOL tree. Don't remember how I rated it, though.

No, hollies are both. Mines a female. smile.gif

Grimace, you siggys are always so creepy. D:

Wow, people getting messages that they've voted on all of the trees? That's crazy! xd.png I'll never be able to vote on them all.

wow, i have absolutely no patience for 9000 trees but i want the badge so badly TT_TT

*lol*

I only made that up

because I think it´s funny and even O.O-able that someone managed to vote on all trees!

I read that the winners will not be publicly announced. Does that mean that unless the winner reveal himself/herself, we would never know who won what and we won't get to see the winning trees either?

I read that the winners will not be publicly announced. Does that mean that unless the winner reveal himself/herself, we would never know who won what and we won't get to see the winning trees either?

I hope we at least see the "prize" dragons.

You open your tree link and immediately wonder where the vote button is.

I just did this. And it's not the first time. Durrrrr.

I hope we at least see the "prize" dragons.

I hope we get to see them, too. :3

Yay xd.png

*gives you the badge "Power-voter"

A BADGE! Cool, when I vote I only get that round sticker saying "I voted" or something like that...

You may see it on a randomly clicked scroll after the winners are announced. Who knows who the winners may be. smile.gif

SOME PEOPLE FINISHED VOTING ALREADY? blink.gif I won't finish by the end of the week! I don't even think that I'm at the half of it! xd.png

I wish I knew how many trees/what percentage of trees I voted on already.

I doubt I'll vote on all of them, but it would be fun to know how far along I got.

wait have there been some who cant vote anymore now? what did they do stay up 24/7 since voting opened?? I just found the grumpy face tree Loved it!! smile.gif

I just don't have the stick-to-it-ivity to wade through all the past pages to find the answer to this - but what the aitch is a Katamari tree?

*wanders back to the voting, singing "O Pickle Tree, O Pickle Tree, wherever are thy trousers?"*

xd.png this made me laugh

and there's no way i'll rate all the trees at the rate i'm going. ohh well

xd.png this made me laugh

and there's no way i'll rate all the trees at the rate i'm going. ohh well

haha know what you mean! But i finally found the pickle tree to Loved it!!!

Hmmm I got a tree with some shape on it, but I can't figure out what it's supposed to be.

Santa in a sleigh with a reindeer?

Edited by Nyastara

I just don't have the stick-to-it-ivity to wade through all the past pages to find the answer to this - but what the aitch is a Katamari tree?

If my search is correct, the term Katamari was first used by Mystic Tiger in their post here and it just caught on popularly ..

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry4689460

Katamari is a video game and *....by rolling a magical, highly adhesive ball called a katamari around various locations, collecting increasingly larger objects, ranging from thumbtacks to people to mountains, until the ball has grown great enough to become a star.* - Wiki

I made the interlocking DC logo, using the crystal baubles as the egg and various other ornaments (mostly the baubles) to form the letters. I haven't seen anything like it yet, although I am seeing some pretty amazing things done. This is going to be a tough one!

@oddsoxdi - Katamari - everything available is on the tree, with or without any discernible order. I believe it is the ones with no order, strangled trees toppers, etc., that gave us the term, 'crapalanche," my favorite term of several that have arisen to describe some of these trees.

EtA: partially ninja'd by arlymaye, and my sputtering internet connection. blink.gif.

Edited by dragongrrl