TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

If you find yourself getting angry over tree decorations to the point of flipping, perhaps it's time to take a break  wink.gif

I'm surprised more people haven't been discussing the idea of having a custom code. That seems as nifty to me, as the having of something like a CB Holly.

I already decided on a custom code if I win (one can hope/dream) *dry.gif looks both ways* i think if I win/get an honorable mention my code will be Joys.

Edited by scm7271999

If I manage to get any sort of place, I know what custom code I want. I don't want to share it and give other potential winners any ideas about wanting it, though.

For me, the prize thing for an honourable mention is a toss up between a holly and a CB breedable-only. I'm leaning towards a bluna, purely because I don't have one and it would actually be more unique than a CB holly.

(Any more tree breed names? A catalogue should be made)

Why don't you go for a CB female holly, then? That would be totally unique as all CB hollies so far are male.

I don't hope for much, because there are lots of pretty trees, their decorators have really stepped up the game. But, if I got the honorable mention, I'd choose a frill egg.

If I got the prize dragon, I'd still choose the frill, maybe one of the other winners would be kind to breed me one afterwards. smile.gif

I have a qustion: Is there already any information, how the "results" of the voting will be displayed?

Will we get a distribution of all trees with our personal result underneath, so we can see, what was best and what was average (like in a Gaussian distribution), or do we get no information at all?

I believe that TJ said he would not release the individual results.

If I manage to get any sort of place, I know what custom code I want. I don't want to share it and give other potential winners any ideas about wanting it, though.

That is why I placed Joys in as a decoy my true custom code can only be decoded by those who notice one of my favorite words for names! laugh.gif

@SturmFee: I can understand most of you complaints. But, please keep in mind that there was no other option to the blinking lights. I do not like them in RL, too. But 4 candles are not enough to decorate a christmas-tree. (Kaffeepause wink.gif )

This and this.

My RL tree had white non-blinking lights:

user posted image

There's a few things I'm beginning to wish I hadn't added to my DC tree. I confess that I'm guilty of getting the western dragon/TJ symbol memo and taking it to heart, though in my defense it did seem like a good idea at the time - it fitted so neatly! I do also have the two eastern dragons flying next to the top of my tree, but at least I covered up the holes with the stars and I did ensure they were lined up neatly. The rest of my tree I'm really pleased with and I still like to look at it and smile, so that's a win in its own right. smile.gif

I used the little golden butterfly and had it hovering in front of the eastern dragon's face. I thought it was a good idea to give the dragon a reason to look this curious (I think he does) - until someone went like "Butterfly? I thought it was a baby bootie!" Oh....okay. Not that good idea, then. But still, I like my tree and would give it a 7 at least. Now that I have seen others, I would have liked to have the silver/blue colour sceme. I wanted the red/gold, but I missed the first two days and had not so much material for it.

jeez... with all of this talk about amazing designs and pictures, i'm beginning to doubt my chances of making it. IF i do though, i will definitely ask for a CB Holly. Next year, when they're breedable, holly eggs could be worth a lot.

I admit. I'm guilty of floating ornaments. Guilty of two three tree toppers not on the top. Guilty of two different garlands and using all the lights. Guilty of a cluster of ornaments. Guilty of replacing the light ball on the dragons' head with the Technoized symbol.

But you know what? I regret not. The cluster is on purpose, I have an explanation for the garlands, the light strand looked nice and the small lights have an intended effect. And personally? I preferred the badge over the ball. It looked better to me. Even the extra tree toppers serve a purpose. And if you saw my floating ornaments, well I haven't yet seen anyone else use them like me. cool.gif

*bites lip* Dang I want to explain my motif so badly! *taps foot* When will voting be over?! I want to post in the not-yet-existent-and-rightly-so-describe-and-explain-your-tree thread!

Everytime I close my eyes I see "blink blink blink"! (Why do Americans use so much coloured lights anyways?)

And it's taking everything for me to hold back my response to this generalized assumption about the whole western hemisphere again.

If trees make you this mad, then don't vote. Simple as that.

AlternateMew, I am sure you have something very unique and nice. It is just a lot of people who just randomly threw them ALL on the tree or for other purposes...(just watch the link a page before). You needn't regret anything. I also voted a lot of trees with more toppers good if I had the feeling that someone had a thought behind his decoratings. rolleyes.gif

No really. WTF are people thinking?

~Removed~

maaaybe it is just my dirty mind, but...remember the children guys!

I am fed up with gold and silver dragons/parrots/stars put on each other to have a shade of the other colour. I am fed up with transparent ornaments put over bright ones. I am fed up with 3 different garlands on one tree, especially when it is above the ornaments. Ornaments hovering near the tree in general. No matter if it is a form or just a glitch. And I can't stand anymore blinking lights! Everytime I close my eyes I see "blink blink blink"! (Why do Americans use so much coloured lights anyways?)

Also, those ridiculous "birds with ornaments in the beak decorating the tree". Oh yeah? Is this Cinderella or what?! Oh maaan! (Also birds with "space helmets" aka clear ornaments on the head....riiiight...)

The light the western is holding swapped against the TJ crystal definitely (with an I, not an A) gets one point lower. Sure, TJ looks through the winners, but this is sliy.

Haha, think I should have a break, before I FLIP! 1/10 of all the trees seem to be stuffed with every ornament! gnaaaah  ninja.gif

And I'm kind of fed up with so many people blowing their tops over pixellated Christmas trees.

People need to chill out. I see so many people on all the tree threads going on about how much they just haaaaate a certain kind of tree and how they'll automatically give it a 1 or lower points. I...don't quite understand. These are just trees, right? You don't have to look through them all and you don't have to come onto the forums and shout about how so many of them suck. It seems like every other post is just unpleasant.

And I'm apparently the only person who is bothered by this.

Anyway. I think I saw the clown design on the first day. Gave it a 7, I think.

Edited by _Z_

If I had to redo my tree, I would have done it a bit differently.

There were several ornaments that I wanted to use, but I couldn't figure out how to place them properly. I did get some really good ideas from looking at the trees that other people decorated.

Has anybody run out of trees to vote on yet???

Tree with a holly egg made from decorations!  Could have been done better - it took me a while to work out what it was, what with the holly leaf being made of flashing lights - but the idea made me grin.

I am voting this one right now i can't decide what to give it as a score! wacko.gif

Edited by scm7271999

Tree with an angel surrounded by colorful baubles in a heart shape : Nice!

Tree with an angel and nutcracker surrounded by colorful baubles in a heart shape and a wedding bell : Lovely!

Tree with and angel flanked by a nutcracker and the gingerbread man surrounded by colorful baubles in a heart shape and a wedding bell : Priceless....

On a different note, have anyone voted on the that special tree yet? The one with the Eastern Dragon topper peeing on the tree beneath? I wished I quickly voted instead of staring at it with disbelief and have my voting ticket expires.

Edited by arlymaye

Oh I saw that dragon peeing on the tree..... have yet to see the dirty little pickle tree.... but I'm sure I will.

I didn't give that tree much of a vote think i gave it a 2.

Wasn't too bad aside from the dragon relieving himself on the tree.

As far as what I want if I win a special dragon I'm for sure taking it.

If I get honorable I'm taking a CB Holly for sure since that's one of the very few dragons I don't have and since neglected isn't a choice I'm rather limited.

I know if I am lucky enough to get a special dragon I'll be breeding it and dropping a few eggs in the abandons for lucky folk to snatch up, since that's where I've gotten several of my special dragons.

Though I will remember those who gave me gold and silver dragons.

I think my tree came out really nice, and was sort of thinking maybe I'd win something...

And then I did the math, and realized that only one out of every 170 trees will win a prize. My tree is nice, but I don't know if it's the nicest out of a group of 170. xd.png

So please don't be sad, those of us who don't end up winning-- your tree may still have been 1-in-100 good!

And I can't stand anymore blinking lights! Everytime I close my eyes I see "blink blink blink"! (Why do Americans use so much coloured lights anyways?)

huh.gif Takes loooong look at her Perso... nope, still German.

You shouldn't generalize like that. The blinking lights are used so often because you normally do have a string of lights (or two or more) on your tree, no matter where you come from. A Christmas tree has lights, end of story.

Most time it's a string of non-blinking lights, but beggars can't be choosers.

AlternateMew, I am sure you have something very unique and nice. It is just a lot of people who just randomly threw them ALL on the tree or for other purposes...(just watch the link a page before). You needn't regret anything. I also voted a lot of trees with more toppers good if I had the feeling that someone had a thought behind his decoratings. rolleyes.gif

I know. I've seen the random ones too. And rate them accordingly of course. But the really nice ones make things worth it. *saves print screens of favorites* tongue.gif

And I my have mentioned this before, but the more i think about it the less I want to win anything. Oh the choices! I don't know if I could choose! Not winning anything would be the easiest! I'm actually glad that I did a rather... "You need to know where I'm going to understand this" tree! xd.png

Uhh a small christmas tree made out of baubles that looks awesome!

ninja.gif Evil Ninja Face Trees are watching you  ninja.gif

Hmm maybe I should start a staring contest with the trees...who's blinking first! ninja.gif *snicker* the christmas lights! xd.png

Edited by Nyastara

You know you are spending too much time voting when:

You go to your tree link, see a tree that isnt yours and immediately say "that tree is only a 5" the realize its your daughters/family members tree.

You get back onto your own scroll, look at your tree, and think "meh, i would only give this a three. A couple days ago, it would have gotten a 7.

You start getting angry about the sheer number of similar trees

Blank trees are a welcome diversion

You assume every tree has a hidden picture

You give up on voting, and ask your kids for advice on how to score them

any tree that isnt blue/silver or red/gold is like the greatest thing ever.

You can picture any tree that is mentioned in here by description alone.

You open your tree link and immediately wonder where the vote button is.

and finally: Alcohol is not helping make them look better.