TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

OMG YOU DID!? SERIOUSLY!? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! ^___________^

I have an urge to say thank you. So, thank you. xd.png

Now, what did you rate it? o.0

A nine, cuz im nice like that. biggrin.gif

I'm just kinda gonna forget about this whole tree decoration thing. I don't wanna get my hopes up.

I don't really have my votes up or down laugh.gif With the random voting and TJ picking 50 from 200, I think pretty much everyone has an equal chance if they half-way tried to decorate their tree biggrin.gif

I been judging trees for 5 hours taking a judging break.  I went and looked at mine and i had to smile no matter what anyone thinks I am proud of my tree win or loose i still like my tree smile.gif

I didn't vote for quite that long, but I too am still pleased with my tree!

I think it´s unfair to post pictures of trees, saying "They aren´t submitted" and then "oh my, i somehow submitted it, and now vote for it PLS KTHXBYE!" <.<

dude.

i screenshot it when i saw it.

~Removed~

I thought someone may have screenshot it. Thank you. smile.gif

Wow, what a beautiful creation! blink.gif This could be a winner. biggrin.gif

When I see it, I'll give it a 10 - I like it very much. As well as the pickle. smile.gif

Edited by _Z_

A nine, cuz im nice like that. biggrin.gif

Awww, thankies. <3

In case that truly was my tree and you did give it a nine... *HUGS YOU*

Grrrrr just check my tree and there is an ornament out of place mad.gif

No way mine would win, but it's SO annoying when you take the time and effort to place things excatly where you want them... it's not just out of place .. it's half way up the >insert expletive here< tree dry.gif stupid pink baubal sad.gif

The highest mark i've given so far is a 7, and that was a very pretty, basic, greens and reds decor. Not over the top, just pretty smile.gif

.... the judging continues.

TD.x.

This one biggrin.gif its Lovely ~ My 10 vote

*snipped*

Oh no! I saw that and didn't see the bird! I thought it was random and gave it a 4!

Please stop posting screen shots, it is against the rules and Z has said she will close the thread if it continues.

^this^

Please !

So far, I haven't seen one I like more than my own tree (though that may be a biased opinion xd.png) so I'm feeling semi-confident. Though I went with more traditional, so nothing like ornament-dragons or whatnot on my tree... unsure.gif

Awww, thankies. <3

In case that truly was my tree and you did give it a nine... *HUGS YOU*

Lol your welcome. I rate high anyways weather it's a good tree or not. smile.gif

Please stop posting screen shots, it is against the rules and Z has said she will close the thread if it continues.

I'm so sorry! There are 238 pages of posts and still coming fast and furiously, I havent read them all and didnt realise screenshots were off limits, apologies! The Dragon tree and the bird are Winners for sure though, stunning. I am amazed at the creativity of some, wow smile.gif

On a different note, some of the trees have tinsel or lights etc that's off centre and obviously not meant to be that way, is this due to the earlier glitch? i feel sorry for folks who have had this happen sad.gif

We're still not allowed to post images? Z said the problem was posting other people's trees not your own...

They really are different trees. At the very beginning of the event I saw my niece's tree. Later on I was sure I had her tree again. I had to look closer to see that it was a different tree and she had asked me my opinion on hers about a hundred times, so if anyone should have been able to tell right off it's me. lol Some of them just look incredibly similar.

It just seems funny to see multiple trees with their decorations so off center. There's one tree or rather several similar trees that I keep thinking are the same one that have the continuous string of lights half on, half off and below the tree with several of the silver dragon toppers looking like they are attacking each other, one on top of the other, again half off, half on the tree in the exact same spot. tongue.gif

Some trees really make me feel less confident. I wish I had the idea of making something bigger and more appealing, but hey, I did what I thought would look nice, and now there's no time for regreting. smile.gif

I agree with the people who think that voting will be pretty evened out by the time it's all over with.

I know some people really like the trees that have pictures on them - but personally for me, I think they're ugly. The dragon one in particular that someone posted I think is hideous! I gave it a 1 sad.gif It just looks to me like a mess.

I really love the traditional looking ones, with not too many ornaments and that have good placing.

Anything that has no ornaments, ALL the ornaments, or just the ornaments from the last 2 days (feels way too last-minute) get a 1-3 from me. I think the only tree I've given a 10 so far was a really well done traditional tree - not too many ornaments, all placed really well, and the topper was adorable smile.gif

Also - as far as the trees that have obviously been reset and didn't have time to remake the design - I still give them a 1. I feel bad that they got taken by the glitch, but a tree that's not decorated is still a tree that's not decorated.

There are so many wonderful trees out there, I really am blown away by some people's creativity, the dragon tree posted above is definitely my favorite tree so far. (:

I'm torn when it comes to the pictures. I think that many of them are beautiful, and I'm rating them as such, but one of the things that I liked about the contest was that, as a tree decorating contest, it was more equalized for everyone. Of course, someone with an artistic bent may be more likely to make a stunning tree, but who knows?

But some of these pictures aren't really about tree decorating, but rather using the ornaments to draw a picture (often that extends far beyond the tree). On the one hand, they're gorgeous and I can certainly see why people made them, but on the other, it just feels maybe the tree contest became a drawing or sculpting contest.

Like I said, I'm not down rating them, because they are lovely, but I feel kind of sad when I see a tree that's been beautifully decorated but will never have the wow of a picture that sometimes isn't even about the tree at all.

I agree with the people who think that voting will be pretty evened out by the time it's all over with.

I know some people really like the trees that have pictures on them - but personally for me, I think they're ugly. The dragon one in particular that someone posted I think is hideous! I gave it a 1 sad.gif It just looks to me like a mess.

I really love the traditional looking ones, with not too many ornaments and that have good placing.

Anything that has no ornaments, ALL the ornaments, or just the ornaments from the last 2 days (feels way too last-minute) get a 1-3 from me. I think the only tree I've given a 10 so far was a really well done traditional tree - not too many ornaments, all placed really well, and the topper was adorable smile.gif

I do not care for the trees with pictures either. I never would of known that was a dragon on the one tree if someone had not pointed it out! Thought I am sure the creator of the tree did put a lot of thought and effort into their design, so I do not mean to offend! My eyes just do not pick-up on these things...

I too am more for the traditional tree...wink.gif

I think it´s rather unfair if people post trees.

It´s anonymous voting.

And if they go and post them with a "I didn´t submit it!" and five minutes later "oh but I submitted it without noticing it, so vote, and give me high numbers KTHXBYE!"

I mean, hello?

It´s supposed to be fair and anonymous!

Or else people would only give their friends trees good points...

hmmmmm, not sure if people found my tree yet, but i guess it's safe to say

that mine won't be a winner like i'd hoped =p

i went for somthing verry simple, no color theme since i thought alot.png of ppl will go for rainbow colors, but so far i didn't see anyone placed the ornamints or made the

top the way i did x3, if i would have a choice for voting my tree, i'd give it somthing not less than 4 but not more than 6, wonder if ppl already voted on mine =p, my tree would' been better if i knew that the space behind the tree was usable,

since it said that only ornamints plaiced on the tree area will apear so i thought it

was olny ON the tree xd.png, but seeing soooo many pretty trees made me wish i would'v given my tree a little more thought =p

well better luck next year i guess ^^

I've voted 10 ONCE so far. I can't recall what the design was. I've yet to vote a 2, other than that I've used all the other options-- Twice I voted 1, when I encountered totally blank trees. blink.gif

Other than that, my votes average 7-8. Maybe I'm too nice? tongue.gif

Good luck to all! It's back to voting for me.

It seems that people are more in favour of traditional trees than picture trees. How I'm doing it is, in my head I've made the 2 categories and rate them compared to the other trees in their same category, for the sake of fairness tongue.gif

I didn't realize you could get more of those green/red grape-looking things from day 10... I hope I'll be able to get them once the contest's over.