TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Wow, I saw a gold western dragon tree-topper sit in the angle of the green big present, it looks very nice!

Wow, I saw a gold western dragon tree-topper sit in the angle of the green big present, it looks very nice!

I saw one that did that, it was cool.

I thought TJ's original post said that each person could only vote on each tree once? Maybe they aren't seeing the exact one twice, just ones that are very similar...?

Ah sorry, I meant it a lit different.

Goven 8000+ trees and everyone so far only seeing a few or few hundred, but the same tree seen by 10 or more different people looks to me like

tree A: voted 10 times

tree B: voted only once

means tree B hasn't a chance?

I think we're supposed to see every tree only one time, but I have the strange feeling some are TOO alike to be different trees xd.png

Unfortunately, I have yet to see a tree that I've given above a 4. Not saying that they're not there, but I keep getting really cluttered ones or ones with only like one thing on them, lol.

I hope no one gets mad at me for this, but I'm trying to put my tree in my siggy. Don't worry!! My tree was never submitted anyway!!!

Thank you, Pugglemuggle and Lagie and MisunderstoodDreamer and Parakeet13, for explaining that to me and for the links. :3

...I could be wrong, but I remember voting on a tree that looked like that.

You might be in the contest already. smile.gif

I don't know what it is with this ornament - user posted image - but it's randomly circling quite a few trees like a festive Death Star.

I've noticed a few of those. Some with well-done trees, some not so. laugh.gif

Does anyone know what TN on a tree would mean? I saw that and a lot of DC trees, but still no TJ.

Edited for bad typing.

Edited by dragongrrl

I might give yours a good rank.

I personally like the simpler "could be in my home" trees a lot.

And actually I hope that the winners and honourables are not ONLY the picture trees.

There are great ideas and executions around it. Really. But I don't really feel them as "christmas trees"

(- to anyone please. they get hogh grades for originality from me.)

I just don't want to see only the same style trees in winning, but a nice mix

Well, remember, TJ gets to pick the winner out of 200. I have a feeling he'll be even handed about it. smile.gif

*flails*

I saw a lot of Rainbow trees!

So mine is nothing special v.v

I thought TJ's original post said that each person could only vote on each tree once? Maybe they aren't seeing the exact one twice, just ones that are very similar...?

Very similar indeed. I'm sure I've seen a couple of them twice. It was in fairly quick succession which made me stop and blink.

But, if it can't happen, then obviously I was wrong and there were tiny differences.

just curious, how many of you would vote your own tree a 10 if you saw it?

WELL - unless you don't think yours was the best you could manage - of course you would - because you put everything the best way you could imagine. Logic, innit.

To someone - I don't think we are allowed screenshots of our trees even in sigs...

Ah sorry, I meant it a lit different.

Goven 8000+ trees and everyone so far only seeing a few or few hundred, but the same tree seen by 10 or more different people looks to me like

tree A: voted 10 times

tree B: voted only once

means tree B hasn't a chance?

I think we're supposed to see every tree only one time, but I have the strange feeling some are TOO alike to be different trees xd.png

I see what you meant now. Well today is just day 1 of 7 days of voting. I think the randomization should be pretty fair, it will just take time for everyone to cycle through enough trees to notice the randomness. If that makes any sense xd.png I just mean that judging based on the past 12 hours of viewed trees will change a lot after several days and a week of voting.

I just saw a tree with a bird made up of ornaments! it's marvellous! so creative <3 a 10 from me!

...I could be wrong, but I remember voting on a tree that looked like that.

You might be in the contest already.  smile.gif

Edit: OMG THAT IMAGE I POSTED WAS SO LARGE IT HURT MY EYES. D:

Edited by Zilithandria

just curious, how many of you would vote your own tree a 10 if you saw it?

I would rate mine a "7".

The highest score that I have given out so far is an "8", and I gave a few of them.

I gave a lot of 6s and 7s.

... and one decored only with the tree-toppers xd.png Nice, too.

Guys - if you ever really become convinced that you're seeing a tree twice, it might be time to make a post in the Help Forum. Sometimes things glitch and TJ doesn't know until someone points it out.

I thought I had a chance, but hearing what people are saying, I don't think so anymore. Although I haven't heard anyone mention using the TJ ornament as part of the tree topper yet. I used the twining silver dragon and had it holding the TJ mark in its tail, so perhaps I wont do terribly, at least.

...the same with me.

I feel so. Odd. o__o

I haven't seen anything that I would have especially liked so far. Am I horrible? Giving out mostly votes 1-2. And a couple of 4, one 5 and one 8, so far. I just like simple, aesthetic and traditional decorations and trees (what is traditional here). Funny, playful things... aren't for me.

And I can see by this, my tree probably wins nothing.

At least I like it. :3

Edited by Tuonenkalla

I've seen at least 6 TJ-themed trees. laugh.gif I doubt I'll win anything since my tree looks pretty cluttered but it's been fun decorating it.

Trees utilizing the space around the presents get bonus points from me. I had a huge DUH moment when I saw my first doing that.

I ended up with a floating star and bird near my tree- not intentional! LOL

YOU MEAN ONE THAT LOOKED LIKED THIS!?!? REALLY!?!? ^.^

(Image snipped)

I think it's unfair to post your screenshot here. It's like trying to gain an advantage - we aren't supposed to see each other's except anonymously.

Sorry, but...

I think it's unfair to post your screenshot here. It's like trying to gain an advantage - we aren't supposed to see each other's except anonymously.

Sorry, but...

Dude -- MY TREE WAS NOT SUBMITTED as far as I know. I had placed the image there (only for a few minutes!!) to ask if that was the tree that someone had seen. Because I know I never pressed the Submit button because I didn't have one.

Edited by Zilithandria

I also like the one's that put a round ornament in the middle of the star toppers, those looks really cool sometimes.