TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I do not care for the trees with pictures either. I never would of known that was a dragon on the one tree if someone had not pointed it out!

I don't see it either. That must have bin some work.

Personally, my marks don't depend on whether the tree is with a picture, or traditionally decorated. If a tree looks nice to me, I'll give it a good mark.

I thought TJ said it was ok to post pics of your tree

someone posted the PM they received

I really don't see what the big deal is, with as many trees as there are

It is a high possibility their friends may never see that tree

I have yet to see almost all of the ones posted, the only 2 I saw were the ones with Joy written going straight down and the one with DC forever

I can see why people think others will vote for their friends but really, the odds that all of the friends will even see that tree is slim

I am still having fun looking and, mine wa traditional and know I won't win

but it was a blast to collect the ornaments and decorate the tree. I have not seen anything that I'd rate over 5 though sad.gif I'd love to see some epic omgosh that is awesome trees, bit most are bare or too clutered unsure.gif

The Tree-topper Dragons are an unfair species with the hobby of kidnapping poor innocent angels...

Have you see them? xd.pngxd.png And the gingerbread man and the toy soldier riding the parrots? Very original ideas!

So many trees....

I vote since 1,5 hours - and no end near.....

I want to give any tree the chance to win....

It's really hard..

Can I vote for my tree too?

I agree that people should not post their trees, since the voting is supposed to be anonymous. However, I don't think it's an urgent problem. There must be thousands of trees. Unless the person's tree is REALLY memorable, what are the odds that a forum person will really see it and remember it?

Does anyone know how many trees were actually submitted, by the way? Someone said they had been reviewing trees for 5 hours straight and weren't done yet!

@ Lunaeluu and Silver Fox: Me too - I think it's hard to compare two trees which use completely different style techniques. So long as the tree looks good, I'll vote it up. smile.gif

Grrrrr just check my tree and there is an ornament out of place mad.gif

No way mine would win, but it's SO annoying when you take the time and effort to place things excatly where you want them... it's not just out of place .. it's half way up the >insert expletive here< tree dry.gif stupid pink baubal sad.gif

Ditto - the dragon is completely missing off the top of mine! the rest of the design is quite conservative and that dragon just set it off. Now it just looks rubbish sad.gif Oh well.

I've seen some lovely designs though, and good luck to everyone!

I agree that people should not post their trees, since the voting is supposed to be anonymous. However, I don't think it's an urgent problem. There must be thousands of trees. Unless the person's tree is REALLY memorable, what are the odds that a forum person will really see it and remember it?

Does anyone know how many trees were actually submitted, by the way? Someone said they had been reviewing trees for 5 hours straight and weren't done yet!

There were over 8000 entries.

Can I vote for my tree too?

I don't think so. And it wouldn't be fair, would it? biggrin.gif

I've seen some wonderful trees so far, but I can't say that I'm swayed by either traditional trees or picture trees. My taste is for trees that are tasteful and pleasing to look at, not the cluttered non-sense trees. I've only just started voting and so far I've had a lot of middle number votes, a few lower numbers but not too many high numbers.

Lots of great ideas though.

The Tree-topper Dragons are an unfair species with the hobby of kidnapping poor innocent angels...

Have you see them? xd.pngxd.png And the gingerbread man and the toy soldier riding the parrots? Very original ideas!

I want to seeeeee D= the idea reminds me of king kong btw =p

i could'v sworn that i'v already voted for the blue/silver tree i'm looking at now

even where the ornamints are placed looks EXACTLY the same one i saw last time =/, even where the birds are placed are same.... wierd

actually the bird tree I was speaking about is not that GForce has shown unsure.gif that bird was small, its body made up of bean strings, head - of a big creamy bubble, eye - of a small bubble and nose - of part of the golden horn (I hope I name all the ornaments correctly, if not - sorry! my English is rather poor!)

but these giant bird and dragon are amazing! and - stupid me! - I javen't seen the bird and the dragon on them, I thought it was something random and rated them low sad.gif

still hope they will be the winners. those trees are reall cool!

I see posts about people being concerned that its possible to vote for friends and to only "give their friends trees good points... " ROTFL biggrin.gif

Hey, the way I see it if you are lucky enough to find and regognise a tree and rate it highly because it's the tree of a friend - Good luck to you as it would have to be soooo unique to stand out amongst the thousands of trees, wouldnt it?

(I wish i could post a screenshot of my RL Christmas tree here, it was an African Boabab tree made of wire, decorated with glass teardrops... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder guys & gals wink.gif)

Arrgh! I keep seeing lovely trees, and I want to rate them high, but the owners stuck a topper in the somewhere where it clearly doesn't fit, just to be using them (and yes, I'm sure these aren't because of glitch movement because they're incorporated into the design). Some people are amazing at using all of their tree toppers, but for some people, that one extra will kill a fantastic tree.

My eyes and hand are growing painful and I feel like I have been clicking for forever, what happens if you have to turn your computer off? Does the board remember where you were in the voting or do you end your voting when you have to sign off so others can use the computer to vote or do other things.

How many entries are there?

Are we able to vote on our own tree?

One tree vote shouldn't make much difference, but I'd like to see mine in the same setting I am seeing these others. I should have stopped on the 6th of January. My tree looked better then than it does now.

There has to be a better way like voting in lots of 100 or 200 or something. I must have voted for several hundred and I have the feeling that's the tip of the iceberg.

I have a question. If you didn't get a chance to submit your tree, does that mean you don't have any chance in the contest?

okay, no I am sure. I've got exactly the same tree two times in a row!

it didn't change tree, but just gave me the same tree to rate again.

It was not actually "decorated", but so off sided, with a garland at the bottom and such, I CAN'T mistaken it. Not right after another

I have to say, I'm not too fond of the silver/blue theme for trees.

I, instead, love it!

I wanted to make my tree silvery-blue firstly, but then thought it'll look not enough festive and made it colourful. though now I see many silver-blue trees that look very festive!