TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm worried that people will look at my tree and think that it's just another rainbow theme, and forget to look at what's under the tree. sad.gif

I think it's unfair to post your screenshot here. It's like trying to gain an advantage - we aren't supposed to see each other's except anonymously.

Sorry, but...

They didn't submit their tree to the contest.

I really don't see much wrong with showing us then.

Trees utilizing the space around the presents get bonus points from me. I had a huge DUH moment when I saw my first doing that.

I ended up with a floating star and bird near my tree- not intentional! LOL

Personally, I don't like the space underneath being used. Just a personal preference, I guess.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see a tree that I've given above a 4. Not saying that they're not there, but I keep getting really cluttered ones or ones with only like one thing on them, lol.

This.

Still no 10.

Personally, I prefer traditional trees, but if I see one with an awesome design to it I won't have any regrets giving it a high mark. (not so much luck so far though... just getting sick of all the face-trees and DC-trees)

I'm worried that people will look at my tree and think that it's just another rainbow theme, and forget to look at what's under the tree. sad.gif

I always look for stuff under the trees. That's as much a part of the space here as the tree.

Personally, I don't like the space underneath being used. Just a personal preference, I guess.

I think it depends how it's done. I've seen quite a few trees where it looks like the decorator wasn't sure what to do with spare ornaments and just shoved them any-old-how under the tree. Those I'm not so keen on, especially if the rest of the tree was well deocrated.

Dude -- MY TREE WAS NOT SUBMITTED as far as I know. I had placed the image there (only for a few minutes!!) to ask if that was the tree that someone had seen. Because I know I never pressed the Submit button because I didn't have one.

Oh OK - I forgot that was you. tongue.gif But that is odd, as I thought I'D voted on that tree, too. Maybe it submitted itself biggrin.gif

I just saw a tree with a bird made up of ornaments! it's marvellous! so creative <3 a 10 from me!

This one biggrin.gif its Lovely ~ My 10 vote

~Removed~

Edited by _Z_

Ah sorry, I meant it a lit different.

Goven 8000+ trees and everyone so far only seeing a few or few hundred, but the same tree seen by 10 or more different people looks to me like

tree A: voted 10 times

tree B: voted only once

means tree B hasn't a chance?

I think we're supposed to see every tree only one time, but I have the strange feeling some are TOO alike to be different trees xd.png

If this is the case, I think it'll be alright.

Chances are, it's not how many times the tree is being voted on, it's the average of the votes. Having more votes makes the tree's score more conclusive, but at the same time even those that aren't being seen much are given a chance.

It could just be that people are just posting about their favorite (or least favorite) ones. The mediocre ones aren't as fun to talk about. c:

I thought I had a chance, but hearing what people are saying, I don't think so anymore. Although I haven't heard anyone mention using the TJ ornament as part of the tree topper yet. I used the twining silver dragon and had it holding the TJ mark in its tail, so perhaps I wont do terribly, at least.

Ah, I did that too, only the tree topper is holding the TJ ornament above its head. I've been through a lot of trees, and only seen one other like that.

Oh OK - I forgot that was you. tongue.gif But that is odd, as I thought I'D voted on that tree, too. Maybe it submitted itself biggrin.gif

OMG I HOPE IT WAS SUBMITTED SOMEHOW SOMEWAY. *Squeals* biggrin.gif

I been judging trees for 5 hours taking a judging break. I went and looked at mine and i had to smile no matter what anyone thinks I am proud of my tree win or loose i still like my tree smile.gif

Oh. I rated that one!  biggrin.gif

OMG YOU DID!? SERIOUSLY!? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! ^___________^

I have an urge to say thank you. So, thank you. xd.png

Now, what did you rate it? o.0

Edited by Zilithandria

me i like the look of a nice clean tree I also look under the tree to see how it was used I do not like trees that have everything throwen onto them & I know some of you did not mean for some of the stuff to be on the outside of the tree but the ones that have this are getting a low grade from me so far I have not given out a 10 but a few 7,8 & 9 good luck everyone

I'm voting based on "Would this be a tree design I would compliment on in real life?" not that the pictures aren't cool, cause they are. But it just isn't very... Christmas-y, and I do hope the finalists aren't ALL picture trees, some is okay, just not the majority.

I like the trees that have nice colored themes and well put effort into decorating it to look simple to eye catching but also pretty and not to busy. To me it shows well thought out placement on the tree.

But don't misunderstand, some of the pictures are indeed awesome :3

I saw one where the person had placed the pickle on a dragon tree topper so that it looked like, um, a certain part of his anatomy.

It gave me a chuckle but I still gave it a 1. Vulgarity and Christmas trees just don't mix IMHO...

Please stop posting screen shots, it is against the rules and Z has said she will close the thread if it continues.

Let's try to keep the anonymous voting just that please everybody. It wouldn't' be fair otherwise. happy.gif