TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Are we going to get to see the 200 finalists?

I really hope so, I'd love to see what kind of trees make it up there.

Argh... from what I'm hearing, working with only the first and last day's ornaments is giving me a... a very low chance indeed. Meh, voting is fun, anyway. Even if it does mean wading through a ton of katamari trees dry.gif

Aaaaaaaaaand now I have a tree with absolutely nothing on it... dry.gif

I feel as though my tree would do relatively good because of the other stuff I've seen, but it's still probably going to do bad. I wish I knew how well it was doing...

Simple trees are definitely getting higher votes from me...probably because my design was very simple, too! (And I suspect it won't get many high votes, LOL.) Also ones with intricate designs, because those clearly took a lot of thought and time.

The "kitchen sink" ones...yeah, not getting high votes from me. And there are some that look like the person just closed his/her eyes and clicked around on the screen! blink.gif Yikes!

same here ... i love simple trees and they are getting higher votes from me. but ones with DC written on them, with all ornaments etc etc etc ... omg ohmy.gif

I wish I knew how well it was doing...

Same here.

Just realized I missed Blue Day. Shame, too, because I might not have made the mistake of adding more strings of beads...

You should be able to. The trees are presented randomly to viewers so it's possible that you could be randomly shown your own tree to vote on.

I think I read somewhere you can't vote on your own tree.

I just had a tree come up blank, nothing but the tree, and I figured that was mine,

a way to show I couldn't vote for my own tree. Mine was decorated lol.

Aaaaaaaaaand now I have a tree with absolutely nothing on it... dry.gif

I feel as though my tree would do relatively good because of the other stuff I've seen, but it's still probably going to do bad. I wish I knew how well it was doing...

My BF... I thought his tree didn't stand a chance, but compared to some of what I've thus far.. he should do well in the voting LOL.

I did see a cute tree done in blue with just "I <3 DC" written on it. lol

omg, usually i hate those really cluttered ones where you cant really make out the decorations cuz theres too much to look at. but this one is really neat. its got a line of the round ornaments organized in rainbow colours squiggly-like from the top to the bottom.

What do I have to do to vote ?

On your scroll click the 'Tree Decorating Contest voting' link. smile.gif

My BF... I thought his tree didn't stand a chance, but compared to some of what I've thus far.. he should do well in the voting LOL.

I did see a cute tree done in blue with just "I <3 DC" written on it. lol

That's true. I haven't gotten through any of the really good trees yet, and simple seems better, so maybe it will do well! biggrin.gif I would like to see how well it really does. In my opinion, it wasn't that great, but it was a good respite from some of the more cluttered ones, I have to admit...

Ha, I saw a tree that looked almost identical to mine, but without the themed ornaments.

I think I may have been voting a bit too harshly, but I really can't stand trees with ornaments heaped on, or ornaments on top of tinsel.

does anyone know if the amount of presents under the tree and the border is always the same for all the trees? did all of the owners get all the ornaments, or is this jsut the defualt setting.

omg, usually i hate those really cluttered ones where you cant really make out the decorations cuz theres too much to look at. but this one is really neat. its got a line of the round ornaments organized in rainbow colours squiggly-like from the top to the bottom.

Hey, I think that might be mine!

I thought I left a little wyvern shape up in one corner, but I'm not sure if it showed up or not.

Edited by HemlockDalise

In my voting, I try and see what effort was put into the decorating...

Sometimes just a simple job with little decoration is quite pretty, whereas a tree with EVERYTHING seemingly thrown on and no real rhyme or pattern.... well, no, not my cup of tea.

I know that there are probably thousands of entries and I cannot vote on ALL of them, but I do hope that I do well at least. I would like to at least see what my entry did in the overall voting...

Good Luck to all...

I find that most trees feature either random clusterf**ks of ornaments, or just one huge clusterf**k of ornaments as if to say "tee-hee look at all the pretty ornaments I'll just put them all here to make it 10x as booteefull"

At least mine has one clusterf**k that actually looks like something, gawd.

Stupid me spent three hours + on my tree and yet forgot to submit it xd.png

Ah, well.

Also, is it just me or do most trees look really cluttered?

I'm voting harshly, but honestly. Lots of the trees just look carelessly done to me.

Same here. I actually gave a completely bare tree a 6. Looked pretty. xd.png

im seeing a lot of lazy trees and ones that have crap randomly out of nowhere and just messy ones... wheres the creativity and the effort ? o-o

Edited by make_u_cry