TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Stupid me spent three hours + on my tree and yet forgot to submit it xd.png

Ah, well.

They are automatically submitted on Jan. 8. smile.gif

Just randomly...I like the pinecone. It reminds me of covering pinecones with glitter when I was younger...I used to make them rainbow, and my mom and older sister would make the nice ones for the tree xd.png

You know, I really like the crowded yet well-thought-out ones with lots of colors and lights. Those are the ones that get 8s, 9s, and 10s from me, because they just strike me as fantabulous. tongue.gif

They are automatically submitted on Jan. 8. smile.gif

Nope, trees are only submitted if the "Submit tree" button was clicked. Then whatever the tree looked like when editing was closed is what's shown now.

I'm not seeing very many awful or excellent trees. Most of the ones I'm seeing are, well, mediocre. If they look like real Christmas trees or have a design that works, they get a 7 from me, although I'm doing most of my voting by going with my gut.

Argh... from what I'm hearing, working with only the first and last day's ornaments is giving me a... a very low chance indeed. Meh, voting is fun, anyway. Even if it does mean wading through a ton of katamari trees dry.gif

Actually, I rate people high if they can use a limited number of ornaments cleanly and creatively. And, honestly, because it's so rarely done well, I even go a little higher if someone manages to work the tree toppers in in a really nice way.

I just realized a great way to decorate a tree with only lights(and a star), and make it look really 'realistic'. I should've done that... Ah well... I'll do it once decorating is open again.

I've seen a lot of bad trees, most of them overdecorated, and only a couple of good ones. Competition, competition, competition... wink.gif

Omg seriously LOL'ed at the last part of your comment! biggrin.gif Seriously though, I have no clue, wondered about that myself.

The mystery white thing is baby's bootees. There is a post about it somewhere.

Some of the trees really scare me - I think they're reducing my chances. biggrin.gif

Aw, just saw one which made it look like the birds were carrying the decorations to the tree Cinderella-style. I thought that was quite cute, it's just a shame that the actual tree was too overdone.

Hmmmm...I remember somebody saying earlier that most of these trees would be by people who never go on the forum, and we have no idea if they will love the overcrowded trees and hate the awesome ones. This could be interesting.

It sounds like everyone is voting pretty fairly which is nice! laugh.gif

I know there has to be some people out there that probably aren't, but let's hope they aren't the majority!

Hmmmm...I remember somebody saying earlier that most of these trees would be by people who never go on the forum, and we have no idea if they will love the overcrowded trees and hate the awesome ones. This could be interesting.

It all depends. If they did it themselves, they might like others like them; but if they're selfish, they might rate them lower to help their own chances.

I've seen quite a few well thought-out, lovely trees -have also seen jumbled everything-on-to-the-tree trees. One thing I noticed was the random ornaments floating around on some - like mine. I kept coming back to edit it, but it never saved once I clicked off the page - it kept resetting itself so I'd have to take all the unwanted things off again. Atleast, I've noticed one or two like this as well, so I don't feel too disappointed tongue.gif

I have to say that I favor the "traditional" trees . . . but I am giving extra points for creativity and making me smile wink.gif Having said that, I would probably rate my own tree a 4 or a 5 . . . .

I think someone put a magnete on its tree, looking how the decorations are placed on some trees laugh.gif

What do you guys think of 5?

Is it average?

Or is it F?

Im using it as average.

I'm using it for the ones I don't quite like, but have good elements.

Is it average?

Or is it F?

Im using it as average.

I use it for average trees. Nice, but nothing that blows my socks off. smile.gif

i am really loving the silver blue and purple trees Wish I had thought of that

o.o You're the only one I've heard say that so far...

Well, that makes me happy, since mine is silver and blue xd.png At least I have a chance.

Is it average?

Or is it F?

Im using it as average.

I am using it as particularly good, and I get those about every 20 times. You could say I am a harsh voter xd.png