TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

HAhaha, my eyes are going fuzzy from looking at all the trees. I guess I've voted on 50 at least. Maybe I'll do more later... I have been using the median of 8 for most of my voting... a number of 9's, a few 10's and even a 1 or 2 (those were BAD)...

One problem I seemed to have with my decorating was what to do with the ornaments when I didn't use them... I tried to put some down among the presents (as i have seen done on some of the submissions), but whenever I tried to place one there, it was jumped bacl to the tree or...

I ended up just stacking them all to the right side out of the way...

again, Good luck to all... biggrin.gif

I feel kind of bad for all of the silver/blue combinations because after the last fifty I just went through, I'm not too symphathetic towards them.  And that's too bad, because they're pretty but... well, silver and blue.  If one would grab my attention, then hurrah, but none really so far except for the first one all that while ago.

I have a silver and blue tree... sad.gif I just wanted to be sure mine looked nice and pleasing to the eye, and that I liked it, too. Would you say the same thing about a gold/red tree? Because I've seen LOADS of trees with gold and red, and I don't get an attitude over it.

After seeing a lot of the trees, I feel like I went TOO simple...I would like to have included purple ornaments. I saw a blue/silver/purple tree or two that I thought were beautiful. And I now wish I had used the small twinkling lights instead of just the large piece of lights.

Just because it's blue/silver doesn't mean it's not a good tree, but I'm willing to admit some people did it better than me, at least in my eyes. Maybe some people would prefer my version over some of the slightly more crowded ones that I think are better.

It's all down to personal taste really. Doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to win, though I think it's unlikely. smile.gif

Anyone else got the feeling that they voted on the same tree twice? O.o

I'm pretty sure I voted on this one rainbow-colored earlier.

I thought I had some trees twice, and now I got one I am sure I had before due to the unique way the baubles are arranged (in groups of three).

Some of these trees really scare me... How hard is it to put a dragon tree topper in the right place? That's what annoys me the most.

ok, where is everyone voting at? Or did I miss it?

Oh, good gravy.... Nevermind. xd.png

Edited by Dragonbox

I think I'm too harsh xd.png

I guess my standards are too high. I don't like word trees, or trees that have EVERYTHING all over them. I like traditional looking trees, and especially ones with not too many ornaments and a color scheme. Really well done picture trees, like the eastern dragon and the gecko, earn a good score just for the creativity involved there.

My own tree is blue and silver, which seems to be done a lot, but it still looks different enough I think. Silver star, silver tinsel, light set, a few blue and white mostly bulb type ornaments, and some toys around the base.

I've seen quite a few well thought-out, lovely trees -have also seen jumbled everything-on-to-the-tree trees. One thing I noticed was the random ornaments floating around on some - like mine. I kept coming back to edit it, but it never saved once I clicked off the page - it kept resetting itself so I'd have to take all the unwanted things off again. Atleast, I've noticed one or two like this as well, so I don't feel too disappointed tongue.gif

Ooooh, so THAT'S why some of them have random tinsel and ornaments floating around. I'll try to be a little nicer when I see those, then. ^_~

What annoys about my tree is that I spent forever fitting things and deciding where to put shapes so there weren't a bunch of circles in one spot and stuff like that. I worked so hard yet so many people would describe it as "just throwing things on the tree" I like to judge cluttered trees because I can really look at them and see if they actually did think or if they did just throw things on. I hope people realize that when they look at mine. sad.gifninja.gif

I really think it's total crap, that the trees are submitted as they are when the editing phase finished. I spent about an hour to decorate my tree and for what? Nothing. It's submitted as it was last, and everything went back as it was, there's no save button or anything. Honestly, how can anybody who's not living in the USA have a fair chance to submit a proper tree? I can't sit on the computer for 24 hours looking when the editing phase is over and quickly decorate my tree before it. That's just stupid... -.-

its kind of sad when the whole tree is kind of terrible looking but it has one area where you just go 'woah, dude thats awesome'

i just saw a tree like that. the tree is kind of lame, but the topper, that one gold dragon with the orb above it, looks like its holding the set of bells and its totally wrapped in lights.

kind of sweet looking.

now im struggling to vote on 'the whole tree image, or reward them with a reasonable well rating because of the topper.

Most of these trees are so busy! I think I used about half the ornaments as most of the other trees I'm seeing. Am having fun voting. ^_^

Random: My own tree has a color scheme of silver/blue as well o3o I was planning on doing Gold/red originally... But silver looked less bold to me so I went with that 8D

Just saw another not so 'wow' tree...

I use 5 for average trees. Nice, but nothing that blows my socks off. smile.gif

Yeah, basically I say if there seems to be a plan with the decoration and it's not overdone, I give it 4-6 depending on whether it turns out ugly (4) or ok (5-6). If it's good I give it 7 and really good 8. 9 and 10's reserved for trees that really astonish me (which has not been too many so far, but a couple).

Trees that are either blank or have just everything thrown on them I rate 1 or 2, and 3's are for those that are overdone but still at least has some sort of thought put into them.

A tree gets a low score from me if an ornament is floating around randomly. Most of them get a 5, nothing too special, but still nice and orderly. The messy ones get a below average, and the ones that look like they took no effort at all also get a lower score. I gave a rainbow colored one an 8, but that was the highest. tongue.gif

Argh... from what I'm hearing, working with only the first and last day's ornaments is giving me a... a very low chance indeed. Meh, voting is fun, anyway. Even if it does mean wading through a ton of katamari trees dry.gif

I'm sorry but I just have to say that I absolutely love your avatar!

And my eyes are starting to sting from all the Christmas lights...

What annoys about my tree is that I spent forever fitting things and deciding where to put shapes so there weren't a bunch of circles in one spot and stuff like that. I worked so hard yet so many people would describe it as "just throwing things on the tree" I like to judge cluttered trees because I can really look at them and see if they actually did think or if they did just throw things on. I hope people realize that when they look at mine. sad.gifninja.gif

Ditto.

I must say, as I flip through the trees... my grading is getting more and more harsh. I think I have rated one or two trees a 7, the rest are much lower (mostly 3s and 4s, lots of 2s and 1s also). Making me feel a lot better about my tree, which is traditional, but not over cluttered in any way.

If I'm bored and lazy at the moment, I use 5 as an closest (average) mark lol biggrin.gif

EDIT:

LOL, just joking, of course not.

Edited by Reginea9

Nope, trees are only submitted if the "Submit tree" button was clicked.  Then whatever the tree looked like when editing was closed is what's shown now.

At least I'll be able to see the different types of trees and judge whether mine could be deemed as creative xd.png;

[[so far I've never seen one of the ideas I've used for my tree, so hurrah!]]

My own tree is blue and silver, which seems to be done a lot, but it still looks different enough I think. Silver star, silver tinsel, light set, a few blue and white mostly bulb type ornaments, and some toys around the base.

Mine sounds very similar xd.png except silver western tree topper with a pinecone on its head, and silver parrot holding an christmas potato underneath.

I rate the silver/blue trees quite high if they look like work was put into them. I really like them.

my eyes are starting to sting from all the Christmas lights...

Same .__. The christmas lights kinda hurt my eyes, although they can look nice if used properly... -Mumble-

I hope everyone is enjoying voting as much as I am.

It's lovely to see such an array of trees, ideas, themes and how what works for each person. Obviously, all voting is going to be subjective, because we'll all like/dislike things - but every tree, no matter how much or how little it personally appeals has merit because it has appealed to its creator.

What I find fascinating thus far is that whilst I've seen dozens of trees in the colour scheme I would have gone for had we not got an extra day, I haven't seen any in the colour scheme hubby used. I'm sure they are out there, as it's such an obvious scheme, but I've yet to see them. And hubby and I are seeing quite different trees, so it's great to know how well the randomisation is working.

Have fun all!

*Goes back to admiring trees*

Mine sounds very similar xd.png except silver western tree topper with a pinecone on its head, and silver parrot holding an christmas potato underneath.

I rate the silver/blue trees quite high if they look like work was put into them. I really like them.

That makes me feel better, I'm afraid that once people have seen so many blue/silvers, they'll start rating them low even if they're pretty. sad.gif I guess I knew there would be a lot, but it looks so nice to me.