TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

O.o T-T-This is is is is.... AWESOME! OMG.... This is awesome so so so awesome :DDD

Holly or prize dragon...? Holly or prize dragon that has never before ever been seen... I am so picking prize dragon xd.png

yay I get another chance of 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

to get last place. xd.png

Edited by zacharrias

Waitwaitwait.

We can get Frills from this?

Neat. (I already have two, tho, lol)

I wonder what those new dragons will be? I like CBs... so I'll go for one of those x3

If not I'll try for a GoN Holly.

Looks like I need to advertise my scroll (post more.) to get votes on my tree.

Edited by lindsy95

Looks like I need to advertise my scroll (post more.) to get votes on my tree.

It won't do you any good: The voting is entirely anonymous, meaning you can't tell whose tree you're voting on. There'll probably just be a link to vote on either our scrolls or the forum that'll present you with random trees.

It won't do you any good:  The voting is entirely anonymous, meaning you can't tell whose tree you're voting on.  There'll probably just be a link to vote on either our scrolls or the forum that'll present you with random trees.

Ohhhhhh. I thought it mean the users voting were anonmous. Not the other way around.

I misunderstood. -is stupid-

-facedesk- I need to stop skimming.

Edited by lindsy95

I like this idea a lot! I've been away on vacation and thought I was going to miss everything Christmas-y happening in the Cave. happy.gif

Ohhhhhh. I thought it mean the users voting were anonmous. Not the other way around.

I misunderstood. -is stupid-

-facedesk- I need to stop skimming.

Well, it's both, I think. The wording here is a little unclear, but TJ posted in another thread about this and said this:

I'm thinking of having a multi-round system to determine winners.

First round: Users are presented a random anonymous tree and asked to rate it 1-10 (Similar to description approving)

Second round: Top X trees from the first round go on and I hand pick the winning trees (again anonymously).

Ah, it does say both ends of the voting are....anonymous.

I understand fully, now.

I can't ait to see the tree that everybody makes :3

Awesome event!!! The ranking system looks almost perfect, so it'll certainly be fair. Organizators are just great.

It will be amusing, no doubts!

*trying to imagine next decoratings xd.png*

It was already mentioned, but as it's still discussing... These special dragons are abandonable or not? The winners have an enormous amount of these dragons or are just owners of CBs? I was sure they were only for specific users, but it seems it's not right. There is too mush conversation about it. xd.png

Good luck to everyone wink.gif

I have a Holly! Given... its in a SnowGlobe... but its the thought that counts xd.png

Is there any possible way to obtain Christmas decorating items that we've missed? My Internet crashed on the 27th and I missed the prize.

This sounds like fun. I can't wait to decorate my tree!

I like today's ornament set, especially the horn.

WEEEEE - new stuff - BUT ... I have NO idea what the white "thingie" is - any suggestions ? oh and I love the raindeer

TJ, you are even more awesome than ever!

This contest is amazing, and the timing is perfect. My replacement DSL modem should be in in time for me to submit my tree. Decorating a tree by cellphone isnt pretty.

Is there any possible way to obtain Christmas decorating items that we've missed? My Internet crashed on the 27th and I missed the prize.

This sounds like fun. I can't wait to decorate my tree!

I don't think so, sadly.

@Imay: Baby socks? That's what I thought.

I was right; those *are* holly branches in the corners off to the side; sweet! It looks like the rest of the branches should start filling out with leaves soon; the whole thing looks good so far. :-)

i'm not getting how the lights work. are they supposed to expand the width of the tree or something? cause there this small spot of lights on my tree and it looks a little silly. Am i not using them right?

From a closer look, one strand of garland looks like blinking lights, and the other strung up popcorn. Could be interesting to see if there is more. Keep in mind, we are at the fourth day. So who knows?

Sure is going to be fun to give a whirl once the rest is here. Glad we ca decorate on and around the tree. I have ideas....oh my...Just not sure which one I am going to go with.

Can anyone tell me what is this one? user posted image

blink.gif

It looks rather like a small, orange rodent, trying to take a drink out of a glass of milk perilously tilting over...

I could be wrong, though.

xd.png

Edit: seriously, anyone know?

This would be driving me nuts if I hadn't taken a cab there already...

Edited by Syphoneira

I have a Holly! Given... its in a SnowGlobe... but its the thought that counts xd.png

I just looked at the snow-globe and realized that you are right! Holly in a Snow-globe is better then nothing! xd.png