TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Tree Decorating Contest

Here's how it works:

• You have 12 days (Starting on Christmas, we're on day 3 right now) to obtain ornaments. You have to visit your tree every day to grab the ornaments, and you're free to start decorating as you see fit.

• You can decorate using as many (or few) decorations as you choose.

• After the 12 days are up (IE on the 6th), you will have two days to decorate your trees with your final set of ornaments. Midnight January 8, editing will be locked.

• During the editing period on the 6th and 7th, there will be an option to submit your tree to the contest.

• Starting on the 8th, everyone's trees will be viewable, and a scroll link for rating trees will appear near the "Review Descriptions"

• From the 8th until midnight on the 15th (exactly 7 days), users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously. Users may rate as many trees as they wish, but each user will only be able to vote on any given tree once.

• After user voting is over, the top 200 will become finalists and from those, I will pick 5 first place winners, 10 second place winners, 15 third place winners, and 20 honorable mentions.

• Winners will be announced on the 20th.

• After winners are announced, all trees will be publicly viewable and editing will be re-opened.

The Prizes:

• The first, second, and third place winners will each receive a variant of a never-before-seen dragon. Let's call these variants gold, silver, and bronze. First place gets the gold variant, second place gets the silver variant, third place gets the bronze variant.

• Gold prize dragons can breed more gold prize dragons, silver can breed more silver, bronze can breed more bronze. There will be no limits on how many of these dragons you can have.

• Honorable Mention winners are allowed to request an egg of their choice.

• Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

• Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).
  • First, second, and third place winners may choose to request an egg instead of a prize dragon (same choices as honorable mentions). If this happens, a random winner from the rank below will be chosen to receive the prize in their place.

• Custom dragon codes are available upon request.

• All eggs given to winners/honorable mentions will "CB" and will be safeguarded against sickness.
Any questions?

Topic Reminder:

So, for clarafication, as long as the ornaments have full color(Are not all faded) they will appear to other users during voting, right?

So, for clarafication, as long as the ornaments have full color(Are not all faded) they will appear to other users during voting, right?

Yes.

With the rules set up the way they are, I think a lot of people will stop their drama and uncertainty. I wonder though, will voters be able to see who's tree belongs to who? Maybe the owner name shouldn't be available just in case people say "Don't vote for ____" or "give _____ a high score!"

And it's nice to see that the never-before-seen dragon will be breedable. Will the winners have the option to remain anonymous? There will be so few winners that I think they'll want to stay hidden to keep people from hounding them for eggs.

Thanks for the extra info TJ! I don't know what I'd want, a prize dragon or the chance to get a Holly.

So, what are the criteria for rating? Will your top 50 be the prettiest/most artistic, or would a particularly funny one or whatever have a chance of winning?

Since it says eggs, I assume that means no little trees. Darn. mellow.gif

Oh well, sounds fun! Thanks TJ! smile.gif

This is so good of an idea , it has even brought me out on the forum. (been over 6 months since I posted) LOL. Good Luck to all, hopefully to me too. Guardian of Nature, Holly, Cb Silver has anyone seen a 3 side coin for me to flip?

Thank you TJ and all your helpers.

Thanks, Z

Winning this is NOT going to be simple, but at least we all now know that the prize dragons are able to be breed.

Able to breed or not, there's no guarantee that they will be able to abandon the prize dragons' offspring. So we don't know if they'll be distributed to other players over time. In fact, I very much doubt they will, unless the prize is having the only CB variations of them and their offspring are different from the "gold," "silver" and "bronze" variations of them.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I'm trying to go for ornaments, but I can't click on the tree... sad.gif

Easiest way I know to get to it. Go to the Cave click Scroll and then the tree.

You have to be on the regular page NOT the one that you link so other people can click on your eggs.

If you get to the tree and still have problems try refreshing.

I am going to do my best to win something and whatever I win I WILL share it. I will not be choosing frills because I was VERY lucky and able to get them when they came out. smile.gif I do like them so much that 2 of them are named after family members. smile.gif

Why do some of the ornaments fade (aka become clear) at a certain spot?  huh.gif

From what I've heard, when the ornaments fade, that means that they won't be able to be viewed by others.

As long as the ornaments are solid in color, they are visible to voters for your tree.

Edited by jesterboohoo

Has anyone noticed that the little tree on our scroll is becoming decorated as the days go by? On day one it was a plain little evergreen, then it had a gold tip top and now it has little sparklies all over it.

I'm so excited!!!

All I want is the honorable mention!!! My tree is going to be the awesomest tree of all time!!! (and yes, I know my grammer was off...) Thanks TJ!!!

I'm happy to know that Prize dragons will be breedable, hoping that owners will breed them weekly and not keep them "gift only" like the Hollys.

Talking of them, I think that an user that wins an egg of its choice will be tainted between a Frill and an Holly. If you are lucky you can receive an Holly someday, but it's your only chance to get a Frill if you haven't one.

I have a (in my opinion) great idea for the tree, I just need more ornaments >< I know we have so many already but I actually don't have enough