TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Is the midnight the one that starts or ends the 8th? (in 6 hours, or 30)

So I'm going to give another editing day, January 8. Voting will begin January 9 and end midnight on January 16. I'll still try to have the winners picked by January 20, though.

TJ extended the submission time.

i have a question, iv already submited my tree ^^

but how do i make sure what my tree will look like after editing closes?

i dont want some of my decorations not to show up =(

I was wondering that too.... (as I got caught on the Christmas stuff and lost a day !)

I didn't think I was supposed to open the christmas tree page to get them, I am logged in all day every day checking up on my dragons :/

I had to submit my tree with only a few ornaments :/

It's the one that starts the 8th, so six hours, not 30.

Well I have finally submitted my tree. Had a hard time trying to figure out what to do since I haven't decorated an actual tree in a couple years. I guess I kind of went a little traditional with my tree.

Good luck to everyone. I can't wait to see what other people did. tongue.gif

I didn't think I was supposed to open the christmas tree page to get them, I am logged in all day every day checking up on my dragons :/

I had to submit my tree with only a few ornaments :/

It did state in the opening post you had to visit the tree each day, just being on the site itself didn't count.

Not fair, I was like

"oh well, I am gonna wait for the last day so that I can be surprised by all of the different ornaments and I can really decorate my tree then"

I log on at the last day, and all I got was day 1 and day 12 -.-

user posted image

Not fair, I was like

"oh well, I am gonna wait for the last day so that I can be surprised by all of the different ornaments and I can really decorate my tree then"

I log on at the last day, and all I got was day 1 and day 12 -.-

user posted image

Well as has been said - the post about it all was very clear. Sorry. But I bet you can do good stuff with what you have....

Yeah, I don't think I'll be very judgmental on how many/few ornaments were used, but more on how well they were used...

Even if I don't win, I can't wait to see what the special new breed of dragon looks like!

This Christmas Tree decorating has been a blast, and I hope everyone who participated had fun! I can't wait till midnight (actually 11 PM where I live)!

But it is now the 9th. See first post.

After the 12 days are up (IE on the 6th), you will have two days to decorate your trees with your final set of ornaments. Midnight January 9, editing will be locked.

Ooooh. Heheh *smacks head for not checking for updates*

Thanks happy.gif I'm still excited though: that's actually better for my schedule than the eight would have been!

I can't wait to get a look at the trees that people are making with all of these amazing subtleties in them. It's going to be awesome figuring out the jokes, pictures, patterns, etc. I just hope that I don't end up staring at a perfectly straightforward tree for an hour because I think I'm just missing everything. xd.png

I'd warn you not to stare at mine then, but the names won't be there!

I think I've probably gone down the wrong path with it but it's done and that's it. No more tweaking, I'm all christmassed out!

Anyone else have horribly crowded trees? tongue.gif

haha yes me too!! i lied down with a fever which is still not all gone...so i just submitted with the thought "better this than never tried"

so..good luck you everyone...looking forward to your trees!!^^

Anyone else have horribly crowded trees? tongue.gif

Yep. I used all the ornaments but 2 (but only one topper).

Anyone else have horribly crowded trees?  tongue.gif

Actually, I have tons of ornaments left over. Which sucks because at least if I put them all on there I wouldn't have to worry about them all being placed to fill up huge holes. lol

Quick question to people - how many of the glass ball ornaments did everyone get?

My tree is really weird, I'll admit it. It's sort of traditional, with an unexpected twist! >D I played around and did things with some of the ornaments that I don't think too many other's thought of doing. All in all, I created a 'tree monster' that honestly, the more I look at him, the more I see how spooky he really is! hee hee That being said, I love him to bits, creepy as he is! xd.png It's not your traditional 'happy' tree, that's for sure! ha ha He looks like he's just daring those little kids to come and get those presents! Mwahahahah!!

Well, my plan for my tree failed pretty badly, so I just did something silly and happy. I hope people will get a little laugh out of it. smile.gif

It's already January 8 here, where I live , in Greece

It's 2:30 AM!

Can't wait !!!

I finished my tree..well, I think it looks cute :3

Good luck to everyone biggrin.gif

TJ changed it to the 9th at midnight (I.E. The second after 23:59:59 on Janury 7th, EST)

Hm... There should be a 'save' option (but you only get one save slot) if you have a design you think is good, but you want to try something else.