TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I've just finished to decorate my tree and submitted it, but I want to thank TJ for giving an opportunity to all the people haven't done their until now! You are very kind, thanks!

a question:

i have submitted my tree yesterday. today i watched my tree and it looks different from the tree i submitted... why? unsure.gif

shh TJ. I'm trying to convince myself that my submit is a done deal so I'll stop tweaking it half a pixel. Must. Stop. Tweaking.

I would go for a Holly. I already have 4 frills and fact is, you can trade a Holly egg for pretty much anything. So it's the gift that keeps on giving. So to speak.

shh TJ. I'm trying to convince myself that my submit is a done deal so I'll stop tweaking it half a pixel. Must. Stop. Tweaking.

That's just what I was thinking. laugh.gif I'm happy for the people who can use the extra day, because I want everyone to get the best chance to decorate, but now I'll have another 24 hours to scooch things forward, sideways, and then back to its original place!

Yes, they really do blink. In Internet Explorer you go to the Internet Options section, choose Advanced, and check the box which says "Enable animations" or something like that. I'm not sure how you do it in Firefox; I'm sure someone else here could chime in. :-)

Many thanks for your help tjekan! smile.gif I managed to fix it in IE so I could see ALL the blink-blink-blinkings.. oh my godness, I had to laugh!! laugh.gif I took a lot of them away and now it's much prettier. I didn't find the setting in FF though, but that doesn't matter much. Thanks again!

Thanks TJ for this amazing Christmas Tree Contest, both me and granma' have had great fun every day! biggrin.gif

Found the raptor.

I am happy now biggrin.gif

I wondered what that little red smudge was supposed to be! Can anyone tell me what user posted image is supposed to be?

ETA: What about the images that were not faded out yesterday (included on the tree) but today move everytime I leave the screen? I have a few items around the edge of the presents and some are faded, meaning not able to be seen by others, and some are not. Is this part of the glitch?

Edited by andrelina

I wondered what that little red smudge was supposed to be! Can anyone tell me what user posted image is supposed to be?

ETA: What about the images that were not faded out yesterday (included on the tree) but today move everytime I leave the screen? I have a few items around the edge of the presents and some are faded, meaning not able to be seen by others, and some are not. Is this part of the glitch?

That's a potato.

That's a potato.

I don't get the reference like the blue/white chevron or red smudge aka raptor tho.

I don't get the reference like the blue/white chevron or red smudge aka raptor tho.

Apparantly in IRC that started refering to wanting a potato in place of I want a Holly and the potato came from that.

I -think- I'm happy with my resulting tree...hopefully people will actually SEE and get what I tried to make lol. Good luck to everyone! happy.gif

im pleased with my tree so im hoping for the best tongue.gif i really hope i get something :3

Same here. I like how mine turned out. Hopefully I at least get an honorable mention. tongue.gif

Edited by Momoko ~ Blossom

I've finally submitted my tree! No I can finally stop fiddling with it... *fiddles with tree anyway* I have a question. Can you get a CB Old Pink or no? I mean you can get CB Frills, which are also discontinued, why not old pinks?

I've finally submitted my tree! No I can finally stop fiddling with it... *fiddles with tree anyway* I have a question. Can you get a CB Old Pink or no? I mean you can get CB Frills, which are also discontinued, why not old pinks?

Honorable Mention winners are allowed to request an egg of their choice.

Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

From the front page...

I can't wait to get a look at the trees that people are making with all of these amazing subtleties in them. It's going to be awesome figuring out the jokes, pictures, patterns, etc. I just hope that I don't end up staring at a perfectly straightforward tree for an hour because I think I'm just missing everything. xd.png

a question:

i have submitted my tree yesterday. today i watched my tree and it looks different from the tree i submitted... why?  unsure.gif

this was a glitch that was going on.

if you fix it now, it should stay the way you put it :3

ETA: bright pinks were discontinued by request of the artist, so this is why you wont be able to ask for one.

Edited by ParticleSoup

I can't wait to get a look at the trees that people are making with all of these amazing subtleties in them. It's going to be awesome figuring out the jokes, pictures, patterns, etc. I just hope that I don't end up staring at a perfectly straightforward tree for an hour because I think I'm just missing everything. xd.png

wow, i didn't put any jokes or pictures in my tree. it's just decorated. so much for creativity.

I must have been blind and dumb, oh yes, a potatoe...*goes back to tree, hugs potatoe, fits it in*

Edited by Becka