TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Hm... There should be a 'save' option (but you only get one save slot) if you have a design you think is good, but you want to try something else.

Take a screenshot. Then you can compare the two designs and if you decide the old one's better just put it back.

My tree is really weird, I'll admit it. It's sort of traditional, with an unexpected twist! >D I played around and did things with some of the ornaments that I don't think too many other's thought of doing. All in all, I created a 'tree monster' that honestly, the more I look at him, the more I see how spooky he really is! hee hee That being said, I love him to bits, creepy as he is! xd.png It's not your traditional 'happy' tree, that's for sure! ha ha He looks like he's just daring those little kids to come and get those presents! Mwahahahah!!

I'm really excited to see your tree, lol.

Thanks Drakrono! smile.gif Honestly though, I'm not reeeally expecting anyone to like it much as a whole...I decorated him to my tastes, without a lot of thought to winning anything at all...I just had a whole lot of fun with it, and now he's grown on me! I mean, how many creepy, scary Christmas tree's do you ever see? xd.png The poor kiddies would be too scared out of their gourds to even go near my tree monster to get their presents! >D I think anyone seeing this guy first thing in the morning would run screaming! xd.png

Edit: I even gave him fangs! ahahahah!!

Edited by MedievalMystic

So we have until sunday 12:00 am to edit?

I'm still having layering issues with the individual blinking lights, and I really, really hope they get fixed in time. My tree looked so pretty when it was working before.

I'm still having layering issues with the individual blinking lights, and I really, really hope they get fixed in time. My tree looked so pretty when it was working before.

Me too! Of course I had to fiddle with the pickle so now it's visible. Don't want that. sad.gif

Wow - so, TJ changed / extended the time by a day! Interesting!!! Glad I logged in here to take a peek!! rolleyes.gif

Guess I'm a little bummed, I was hoping to start reviewing trees tonight / tomorrow... (smiles)

Edited by LadyAmlaruil2

Good luck to everyone in advance, and major congrats to all the winners! smile.gif I'm really looking forward to being able to see everyone's tree's, the next day is going to seem like forever! ha ha

Anyone else have horribly crowded trees? tongue.gif

Nope. tongue.gif I actually managed to use nearly ALL of the ornaments WITHOUT making my tree look like a cluttered mess. xd.png haha

I just wonder, is there any way to check if the tree was submitted correctly smile.gif.

I submitted mine yesterday but the button is still there so I don't know if it worked or no!!

Sorry, I guess I'm just to nervous biggrin.gif, be well!!!

I just wonder, is there any way to check if the tree was submitted correctly smile.gif.

I submitted mine yesterday but the button is still there so I don't know if it worked or no!!

If you hit the submit button after you have already submitted it just says your tree has already been submitted.

Wow - so, TJ changed / extended the time by a day! Interesting!!! Glad I logged in here to take a peek!! rolleyes.gif

Guess I'm a little bummed, I was hoping to start reviewing trees tonight / tomorrow... (smiles)

same here, I wanna just have it start and get over the nervousness about not really knowing what everyone else is doing

im so nervous to hit submit. but heck ill keep on coming up with more and more good ideas that really look terrible that i wont know what to choose. argh i must hit submit before i go crazy @A@ with all the.... possibilities

AAWWW MAN!!! extended deadline?!?! i've been finished with my tree since the last ornaments *errr, dragon toppers* came out and i was SO looking forward to finally being able to see other people's trees!!!! rolleyes.gif lol!!!

the submit does not submit the tree----- only your scroll. the tree that is submitted is the one that is on your scroll once editing is over -- midnight on the 8th/9th!

But as far as i know there is no way to be sure that what you see is what we will see----

Ok. I was just wondering if you you win a prize, when will you be contacted? Will it be right after midnight?

Ok. I was just wondering if you you win a prize, when will you be contacted? Will it be right after midnight?

Considering TJ's apparently going to email the winners, it'll probably just be whenever he's on, on the 20th. It might be right after midnight, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it. He'll probably make some sort of announcement afterwards so the rest of us don't keep checking our email all day, though.

I was wondering.. will we be able to see the rating of our trees during the voting time?

I just submitted my tree. I know I won't win though (I always think negatively about the creativity of my self).

(I always think negatively about the creativity of my self).

xd.png I'm the same way. I've always had people say that my art is good, but I never think anything I do is good enough. There was only one drawing I did that I ever thought was good and I don't even know where it went... unsure.gif

But anyway. I don't think I'll win. I decorated my tree to my liking. I used only a few ornaments as I don't really like crowded trees and I only used two colors. I think it looks nice but not nice enough to win a contest.

I do horrible at contests anyway. I've only won one contest, and that was 3rd place in a poster contest.

But then again, I don't really enter too many contests so that may be why I don't win. xd.png

If I do win, I hope I don't get an honorable mention because I have NO clue what to ask for. I already have two Hollies and two GoN's.... all I really want is a Neglected and you can't ask for them so the only thing left is a CB Gold or Silver.... and well they can still be caught in the cave if I try hard enough so... meh...

I think if I won Hm I would ask for a cb alt black with a special code otherwise I have no clue.

Redecorated for the third time today. dry.gif

I so want to win. sad.gif

Though if my tree was real, it would fall over from the weight. laugh.gif

I feel like my tree is so straightforward and boring hearing you guys talk about how you made yours look ><...well, at least there's a pickle on it....I think.

D: I'm gonna die of anticipation by the 9th.

Edited by Blood-Otherium