TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

i really want to win but what do people look for?

That's hard to say. Everyone looks for different things in a tree and I doubt very many people look for EXACTLY the same things as another person. I will probably look for Creativeness and possibly colorfulness. It just depends on the person's tastes.

i really want to win but what do people look for?

Probably prity much just personal preference I guess. I plan on just going on my first initial impressions of the trees I view.

I don't know about you guys but I plan on rating as many trees as I can durring the week long period. How about you guys?

Probably prity much just personal preference I guess. I plan on just going on my first initial impressions of the trees I view.

I don't know about you guys but I plan on rating as many trees as I can durring the week long period. How about you guys?

Yesh! I'm gonna try to rate every single one. 100,000 isn't that much. There'll probably be more than that (I was thinking 200,000) but I'm still up for it.

I'm planning on rating all of them. smile.gif

I really really hope that people try to look for the patterns/pictures people have tried to create!! xd.png

I have submitted mine today - and I'm going back over and over again, just to move ornament few millimeters to see difference or replace one ornament to another and then swap back....Well I do hope it will lock soon, to end temptation.

I don't thin I will win, dough I have a nice twist to my tree, I think many will have the same smile.gif But it was fun to decorate!

I was only able to log in for a few of the days, so I missed a bunch of ornaments. I definitely got enough, though. xd.png

Mine's decorated and submitted... really not a whole lot of time went into it, but I think it looks good. smile.gif It looks like a Christmas Tree, I didn't really try anything fancy or try to make pictures in it or whatnot.

I attempted to make a picture in mine, but it looked like it was built by a two year old rather than an arty random-objects-make-a-shape so I stopped and made a pretty tree instead.

This may damage my chances but I quite like it.

Is there a topic in help or anything where I can inquire about missing ornaments? I don't want to rain on the "TJ and crew are great" parade (actually I'm throwing in a few shovels of praise, a lot of work went in to this).

I don't really want a Holly if I get an honourable mention, though it would be handy to breed eggs for trade. I'd go for something interesting and create a lineage.

I plan on pretty much anytime I am bored or just doing nothing I will rate trees, until I get bored of that xd.png I think it will be rather exciting to see what everyone came up with! I may even take some screenshots if there are any really unique ones!

I think it would be awesome if I can rate ALL the trees xd.png I think in a week it will be possible...maybe. Once voting starts we should start a thread and keep track of how many people rate all the trees and have no more left to rate.

Edited by MollyElizbeth

The more I read here, the more I realise that I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything! laugh.gif

I was one of the lucky ones - tree finished and entered before the problems began.

Looking forward to viewing the trees from all your creative minds! biggrin.gif

The more I read here, the more I realise that I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything! laugh.gif

I guess everyone has >some< chance of winning. The majority of the 'judges' will presumably be ordinary DC users who aren't even on the forum. And nobody knows what will appeal to the majority of them. :-)

Crud, I wasn't able to get on yesterday due to work. I can't believe I missed those gold and silver items...especially the dragons...

Oh man, I really want the small lights and popcorn garland to be able to be placed under the dragon toppers for my design. I wish that the last thing placed on the tree was still layered as the top thing.

I picked a color theme for mine and went for what made me happy. I think it looks like an actual tree and sounds to be fairly conservative from what I've read here, but oh well! biggrin.gif I'll probably vote based on my personal love for traditional things, but if something really jumps out at me that isn't traditional? I'll definitely give it a good score. smile.gif

So I'm going to give another editing day, January 8. Voting will begin January 9 and end midnight on January 16. I'll still try to have the winners picked by January 20, though.

I'm glad that the layering seems to be fixed. The garland is actually staying under everything.

I guess I'll be rating trees when I get home from work tomorrow too.

So I'm going to give another editing day, January 8. Voting will begin January 9 and end midnight on January 16. I'll still try to have the winners picked by January 20, though.

Thanks, TJ!

*leaves brownies and goes to tweak a bit more*

I've submitted my tree. I decided to just decorate it in a way that pleased me and hope for the best. tongue.gif I think it looks good and I'm pleased with it and that's enough for me. smile.gif

i'll have only a little bit of time over the weekend for rating.. but i'll try and get through as many as i can.

my tree doesnt look like anything special.. just a decently decorated christmas tree.. i tried to keep it down to only a few colors, though.

That's good to hear biggrin.gif I was worried my poor friends who are in transit to school wouldn't be able to submit theirs. <3 They worked so hard on their trees, too.

And of course, I get to tweak mine out the ear.

*tweaks*

Weee! I finally came up with something I like! Everything is submitted and done!

Good luck everybody!

And thanks to everyone involved! I really enjoyed this! smile.gif

I feel like I should point out again that you can still edit your tree after submitting it. Whatever it looks like at the end of the editing period (Now midnight January 9) is what will be voted on.

Thanks for extending the editing period! I had it decorated yesterday when the bug wasn't fixed yet and didn't have time until now to redo it and today I'm simply too tired.