TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

You can't choose a Black Marrow just Christmas dragons. No Hallowen and no Valentines.

when voting starts i hope some people who submit their tree are not left out due to popularity on the cave :C for that will knock out many people right away

Popularity will have nothing to do with it. Voting is totally anonymous. You do not know who you are judging and they will not know who rated them.

Popularity will have nothing to do with it. Voting is totally anonymous. You do not know who you are judging and they will not know who rated them.

well ok biggrin.gif i feel less dumb now *back to decorating tree*

oh man i read the list wrong!!!! sad.gif ok well then I would get......a holly or a GoN I suppose.....

thank you for correcting me AnnieLyla,I tend to be incorrect,lol

If I won a prize dragon I'd take it for sure! If I got honorable mention, I'd take a holly. Either way, I would DEFINITELY take advantage of TJ's offer of a custom code. :-D

Realistically, though, I doubt it will happen. My tree is pretty, but it is pretty in the same classic sort of way that I'm sure hundreds of other trees also are. There is only one thing about it that is special looking. I doubt that's enough to make it stand out, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

My older son's tree is really unique-- I'm sure there is no other tree in the contest that looks quite like his-- so if the voters reward that, then he has a chance! They'd have to look at it carefully to appreciate how creative it really is, though. It's not really obvious what it is supposed to be at first glance.

But the important part is: we all had so much fun decorating these trees! I liked it, but my kids LOVED it. :-) Thank you to everyone involved with this idea!

I would do exactly the same! I have four CB Frills, but no CB Holly!!

My tree is finished (I think..hmm?) and submitted, me & granma' have had soooo much fun decorating it. biggrin.gif It's a mix of classic style (thanks granny!) and I've put on the final dc-style (lulz) on/around it. xd.png

I have a question though, I can't see any 'blinking' lights, they just shows up as a picture! I use Firefox (also tried IE w/no luck), what can I do to see them blinking, please???

Someone said the won't blink in iE ?

But did you get them ? the big string ? And also - they don't blink if they aren't on the tree....

But did you get them ? the big string ? And also - they don't blink if they aren't on the tree....

Im using IE, and the lights blinking on my tree cool.gif

I have a question though, I can't see any 'blinking' lights, they just shows up as a picture! I use Firefox (also tried IE w/no luck), what can I do to see them blinking, please???

Do other animations show up on the computer you're using (do you see all the blinking and moving things in everybody's signatures on the forum, for example?) If not, you may have animations disabled in your browser. If you turn them on, you'll see the blinking then. :-)

I don't know what I'd do with an honorable mention. The Holly was the only dragon I didn't think I could get on my own, but I was lucky enough to grab a 2nd gen off the AP this year, and I've only wanted one Holly so that I could gift an egg via teleport every year. A CB Holly would be great, but then I'd need to release my other one. My family lived with my grandmother growing up, and she raised a family in the Depression. You weren't even allowed to waste free stuff when I was a kid. She actually wouldn't let us push the buttons on pens to make the noise because she said there were only so many clicks in a pen. xd.png If I wasted a perfectly good Holly her ghost would come back and tell me about how, when she was a kid, she walked 357 miles uphill in the snow to get a Holly only to realize that the computer hadn't been invented yet!

Still, the dilemma of choosing something to get for free is hardly a bad thing. lol

Yes, I have it on the tree and I can see the light 'dots' (green, red, blue, yellow), are they suppose to really 'blink'? I haven't find any setting in FF that I'm missing.. but, there must be something to do with animating I think b/c I can't see animated pics here on forum??

OT, I forgot to say Good Luck to Everyone participating in the contest!! smile.gif

Yes, I have it on the tree and I can see the light 'dots' (green, red, blue, yellow), are they suppose to really 'blink'? I haven't find any setting in FF that I'm missing.. but, there must be something to do with animating I think b/c I can't see animated pics here on forum??

Yes, they really do blink. In Internet Explorer you go to the Internet Options section, choose Advanced, and check the box which says "Enable animations" or something like that. I'm not sure how you do it in Firefox; I'm sure someone else here could chime in. :-)

Can someone help me! i dind't find to place to enter my tree in the contestet blink.gifhuh.gif

I submitted my tree today. I have total confidence in my tree and I'm keeping it the way it is happy.gif

WB

Can someone help me! i dind't find to place to enter my tree in the contestet blink.gifhuh.gif

Under your tree there's a link "Reset all Ornaments" under this link there's another link "Submit your tree to the decorating contest". Also, good luck everyone! smile.gif

biggrin.gif Haaaaa ok biggrin.gifD

A big thx & Now it submited biggrin.gifD

Yeaah

Good luck to E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E.! smile.gif

Yup. And extremely frustrating to people who are OCD about symmetry like me. I wish those 3 big ornaments pairs were facing each other instead of facing the same way. Because of that, and because how big they are, I didn't use them at all on my tree.

the same thing with me! and I wish those little symmetrical birds could be turned so that they face each other xd.png

but still it's only my being mad about symmetry smile.gif spriters did AMAZING job, really! the decorations are so cute and so different!

awesome! glitch is fixed, plus nifty boxes that show me what i'm about to grab. <3

got my tree back in proper order! velociraptor.png

k my tree is sucky and pretty bare but I thought I'll submit it anyway rolleyes.gif

What I can't wait for is seeing what everyone else did which with all the creative people on dragcave I assume will be stunningly awesome!!

Also I hope that they show us the prize dragons, I really want to see the sprites (+hopefully manage to get one as an offspring from someone in a few months time xd.png )

I´ve submitted my tree as well, although I´m not sure about it. But well, I´m never sure about anything xd.png

Good luck everyone!!

I feel so dumb. I accidentally submitted an empty tree while I was trying to remove the ornaments to decorate it just for fun. Ah well... XD

It does NOT matter how they look when you click submit. Trees are judged in the state they are in when the editing period is over. Then all the trees are locked. So decorate away!

Edited by lunastrixae

I feel so dumb. I accidentally submitted an empty tree while I was trying to remove the ornaments to decorate it just for fun. Ah well... xd.png

Decorate it now. You still have a day left ! Only your scroll name is entered so far !

and I wish those little symmetrical birds could be turned so that they face each other xd.png

but still it's only my being mad about symmetry smile.gif

It's not only you lol - sadly that was the reason why I did not use them for what I had used them if they had been looking to both sides wink.gif

It's not only you lol - sadly that was the reason why I did not use them for what I had used them if they had been looking to both sides wink.gif

I'm kinda irked about that too XP I just used both Western and Eastern dragon but it doesn't look as good as it would have with just the Eastern. Western's wing is blocking some ornaments ;-;