TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

And The Fandom Rejoiced! Or, at least, I do.

As for the judging, I'll admit that the Fridge Logic of just one person or a small group of people judging had me concerned. But I can't complain about this, it seems very fair to me!

Questions:

1. For the prizes: Zombies. Is that an option, or does that count as a Halloween event dragon?

2. Will decorating be locked permanently, or just during judging?

3. If locked permanently: will we still be able to view our trees/the trees of others after judging?

4. And will those who own the tree still see the "invisible" decorations in place, even when locked?

5. Is this a one-time thing? Getting the trees, I mean. Not the whole event. I'm curious if trees will be given to new users next year.

And to those who have and shall complain about the rarity, remember this - These are not Hollies. They will be breedable year round. Start doing the math. If just one breeds, then there are two. They breed= four. Four becomes eight. Eight becomes sixteen. Sixteen to thirty-two. 32 -> 64 -> 128 -> 256 -> 512 -> 1024 -> 2048 -> 4096 -> On and on. I know that this is assuming that they all breed, and successfully, every week, but that's also only looking at one dragon starting it. Assuming the same thing, but for all of each, that 4096 for the "gold" prize=20480; the "silver" prize=40960; the "bronze" prize=61440. By the way - that's the max potential for a mere 14 weeks (a.k.a. 31/2 months) of existence. Again, this assumes every one breeding successfully every week, but I feel my point is made.

I have a question:

If you miss a day and don't get those ornaments will you be disqualified from the contest? I was sick yesterday and slept the entire day so I'm just wondering.

THANK YOU, TJ!

This is a great event and even though I understand that my chances of winning are small, I'm very excited to participate!

What fun!

lol

I wouldn't be so sure. I can't be the only one who hoped that the prize-dragons would not be breedable. tongue.gif

But the contest sounds great! Definitely going to take part. smile.gif

Well, I did say SOME of the whining tongue.gif

Ornaments placed outside the boundaries should be faded out on FF and Chrome, dunno about IE.

Your boundaries are the rectangular box around the tree; anything outside the 256px-wide area won't show up (and anything above and below the boundaries automatically moves back inside)

The ornaments do fade out in IE. *is an IE user*

This contest seems like a lot of fun, thanks for the info TJ! smile.gif

Sorry if it's already been asked, but I have a question--

Can you request Leetle Trees if you get an Honorable Mention?

Well there goes my evil plan of getting a Lagmonster, but at least I could still get a Holly and CB to boot.

This will fun, can't wait to see what the prize dragons will look like.

I have a question:

If you miss a day and don't get those ornaments will you be disqualified from the contest? I was sick yesterday and slept the entire day so I'm just wondering.

Nope, you're not disqualified, you're just missing out on the six or so ornaments given out yesterday. Don't worry, there's still several dozen decorations left to be given out.

I have a question

users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously this is from TJ's post.

I took this to mean the voters are anonymous but, what about the tree's? Is it possible to have the trees' people vote on also be anonymous for fairness? What I mean is we will be able to see the tree's but, not who the tree's belong to.

I would also like to know if the trees being voted on are anonymous as well. That seems like the fairest thing to do, being able to vote on randomized and anonymous trees so forum frequenters aren't much more likely to get votes.

I have a question:

I don't think so. It looks like there will be more than enough ornaments to pick from even if you don't get them every day, so I can't imagine it would disqualify you not to have them all. Most of us will probably not use them all for our tree.

Can't wait, this will be awesome! I is doubtful I'll win anything, but would like a nice little Holly... :3 Thanks TJ!

I would also like to know if the trees being voted on are anonymous as well. That seems like the fairest thing to do, being able to vote on randomized and anonymous trees so forum frequenters aren't much more likely to get votes.

It's all anonymous. You don't know who you're voting for, and you don't know who voted for you.

This is so awesome! I am going to try my hardest to win something! Thank You TJ for keeping dragoncave fun. smile.gif I had a pretty good Christmas I hope everyone else did as well. wink.gif

Youno, I wouldn't really like for people to know which is my tree if they see it. xd.png They would go 'Bah! spriters! Let's drag them down!'

If one of the top 5 chooses a honorable mention instead of the "gold", what happens to that fifth egg?

Can I will advertise your tree? For example, "Vote for my tree!"

?

did the background of the forum just change? I will definitly not get in the final 200. I suck at decorating. But my sister isn't...

If one of the top 5 chooses a honorable mention instead of the "gold", what happens to that fifth egg?

First, second, and third place winners may choose to request an egg instead of a prize dragon (same choices as honorable mentions). If this happens, a random winner from the rank below will be chosen to receive the prize in their place.

If first place decides they went a CB holly, someone from 2nd place will move up, and 3rd moves up to second, and so on.

I can't wait for this! -crosses fingers and hopes to win or at least get an honorable mention, but doubts it-

lol, Lyth is late to the party.

Before anyone starts screaming OMG MORE FRILLS LYTH WILL BE PISSED:

TJ asked me first. This is not a "release", it's a gift. Anyone who requests one from this will be forsaking something like a CB Holly or black or metallic. If you get an honorable mention and ask for one, I don't think I'd be wrong to say you're going to appreciate it, especially if you're letting go of something that can actually breed more of itself.

And if you think for some reason I should be pissed, do me a favor: pull the rod out of your rear end and beat yourself with it.

Edited by Lythiaren

*wishes for honourable mention*

Hmmm I wonder if the special dragons will be same dragon different colours (i.e. Snow Angels type thing) or different dragons all together.

All the more reason for 2011 to come sooner biggrin.gif

Oh and are the ornaments all sprited by TJ or is it like with the baskets where various artists worked on different ones? When the tree decorating is over could TJ or someone perhaps create a post showing all the different ones for anyone who mised out?

Edited by Tatrina