Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't have any yet, was too busy catching up on all the previous ones since last year was my first Christmas here. I don't really expect to get any this year because I am extremely picky about lineages and will only keep 2nd gens. I'll probably just gift away any I catch that don't meet my personal requirements. Unless I happen to find someone offering a nelgected for one, and that's only if I don't turn at least one between now and then myself.

It may not seem like it, but believe me, Hollies have gotten a lot more obtainable - the ratio of breeding hollies to players has risen. In 2008, 2009, and even 2010, getting one without an IoU was unthinkable. Then again, it might be the advent of teleport and the death of code-snatching trading that makes them possible to find on the AP. Yeah, probably is... because before then, all bred hollies were handed off to friends or impossibly lucky gift recipients.

Either way, it makes me happy. smile.gif Christmas cheer for all! I hope I breed a clutch of four this year. I've had good clutches so far. 4 and... 3 or 4 last yer, can't remember.

I don't really expect to get any this year because I am extremely picky about lineages and will only keep 2nd gens.

Not for anything, but you're extremely unlikely to find one. The amount of 07 hollies still around on active scrolls is probably in the single digits.

Edited by Dianacat777

My daughter got gifted a holly (almost) two years ago and bred me one from it last year. This year, she'll get an offspring of mine back - that's the deal we had - and will gift one of hers to a friend of mine. Next year... No idea. I'll probably glomp someone. Since I got mine (practically) as a gift, I don't feel like trading an egg away.

Any chance I'll find a 2nd gen in the AP this year, what with contests and such? biggrin.gif

I finally caught a holly last year. I had someone who was going to gift me one if I didn't catch my own but I really wanted to get it myself so after many hours of refreshing I actually caught mine.

I somehow managed to snag a holly during last Christmas's breeding time. I didn't expect them to be so hard to catch but I managed to get one along with two of all the other Christmas dragons. smile.gif She even had a cute code.

I have a big fat zero for winter Holiday dragons - holly included - but I will be an enthused catcher. Gotta get em all. unsure.gif

Christmases aren't hard to get; I dropped several before I finally found the perfect lineages...All 2nd gens, one PB Christmas, often PB Holidays or from CB Metallic parents...

Got my two last year. Traded an arm and a leg for them. xd.png

Catching them on my own would have never been possible. ^^" Also the Hollys are the only Holiday breed on my scroll that I didn't freeze one sprite of. hehehe

I traded for my only one. 3rd gen with all magis in the lineage. I could not catch mine last year but hopefully this year is different so I can catch my last one.

I was gifted one as an apology for a trade gone wrong.

Never got a frinking one. :C Not even one sign of a holly out of my 700 or so dragons.

Edited by gjhhhhhh

I surprised myself with catching one last year. Not the prettiest, but I still love him and have no plans of releasing him to try for a better lineage.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kCXkX