Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw six Hollies in the AP this year, that's six more than what I saw in the last two years put together. I didn't manage to catch one this year, but it renewed my hope that I can catch two as the population increases. I'm happy for those who got Hollies this year, I know a lot of people wanted them.

I saw a zillion (hundred?) Hollies in the AP spread across the days. Accidentally refreshed with tired eyes over some, tried clicking on them all, but missed. I'm happy to hear that people are going to breed theirs next year.

I've had Hollies for 2 years now but I've always been wary of posting in anything like this. The amount of begging, demanding and pleading for them, asking for IOUs and so on has always put me off of posting. I usually don't offer mine up for breeding/IOU for the most part because it opens a flood gate of crazy. People see you have them on your scroll and want you to gift them one without offering to do so. It really saddens me. Hopefully with more Hollies out there to be bred this behavior will drastically be cut back.

That being said.... I am glad to hear about the success on the AP catching them. I managed to get a trade together and acquire one for a friend this year which was nice. smile.gif

Caught one on the first day of breeding.

Internet was really slow here all week and we had to keep the computers/most electricals switched off during crazy destructive thunder storms as well.

Wasn't able to get another one, but last years hunting was a total bust, so it's all good.

Just added getting another one next year to my to do list. I have already got someone in mind to gift an egg to next year.

Congrats to everyone who tried.

xd.png

I've had Hollies for 2 years now but I've always been wary of posting in anything like this. The amount of begging, demanding and pleading for them, asking for IOUs and so on has always put me off of posting. I usually don't offer mine up for breeding/IOU for the most part because it opens a flood gate of crazy. People see you have them on your scroll and want you to gift them one without offering to do so. It really saddens me. Hopefully with more Hollies out there to be bred this behavior will drastically be cut back.

That being said.... I am glad to hear about the success on the AP catching them. I managed to get a trade together and acquire one for a friend this year which was nice. smile.gif

That is kind of sad. I mean, I do want a holly like everyone else, but it never crossed my mind going after an owner, specially if he or she has not offered.

Well, my catching revolved around staying up late hours and waking up at 6 am, standing for a few hours online just to catch them

i've managed to snag a lot due to the fact i've clicked on every single one xd.png

i'm satisfied in every way

i caught 2nd gens to raise and higher gens to freeze, i caught a 3rd gen holly stair and i'm proud

i have 4 silvers and a gold growing up on my scroll, and 3 silvers already grew up

i also have 3 3rd gen tinsels, and 2 cb neglecteds from this holly trading(i've traded 8 hollies)

My sister managed to get one last year, so she gifted the egg she bred towards me. I'm really happy, because she could have traded it here with some really really rare just as easily. biggrin.gif

Well, my catching revolved around staying up late hours and waking up at 6 am, standing for a few hours online just to catch them

i've managed to snag a lot due to the fact i've clicked on every single one xd.png

i'm satisfied in every way

i caught 2nd gens to raise and higher gens to freeze, i caught a 3rd gen holly stair and i'm proud

i have 4 silvers and a gold growing up on my scroll, and 3 silvers already grew up

i also have 3 3rd gen tinsels, and 2 cb neglecteds from this holly trading(i've traded 8 hollies)

Wow, that's good catching! On the 19th, when I saw most of them, I was mostly unable to catch a normal yulebuck, even though my internet is quite fast (catching the new holiday dragons on valentines day, halloween, chirstmas was no problem for me at all, all eggs in 5 minutes)! Don't have any idea why...

I have seen a few this year, but with my connection I have no chance catching them, so I`ll try to catch one again next year. Maybe I got somethin worth trading for one then.

I was gifted one this year and I'm so happy! Its a 4th gen mix of Skywing, winters, summers, and one gold but hey I'm not complaining at all ^^

WB

I caught 13 this year. I've gifted 4, kept 2 and traded the rest

I froze one messy inbred one and the one i will keep is a 3rd stair holly x white

i'm satisfied as hollies got me 4 neglecteds, 9 2nd gen metallics and 3 3rd gen tinsels

blink.gif WOW!!! I've probably seen at least 60-70 in the AP over the past week, (and that first night was amazing!) but haven't had a single click land, only getting the "Try as hard" message two times, one just yesterday. The internet speed, refresh speed and reflexes make a big difference! Congratulations for your great skill and good fortune. smile.gif

I caught 13 this year. I've gifted 4, kept 2 and traded the rest

I froze one messy inbred one and the one i will keep is a 3rd stair holly x white

i'm satisfied as hollies got me 4 neglecteds, 9 2nd gen metallics and 3 3rd gen tinsels

Wow blink.gif Everytime I tried to click on a Holly, I always got the message that I wasn't fast enough. What browser did you use?

Maybe I should improve my clicking skills for next year because I still don't have a Holly... dry.gif

I got two this year, much to my surprise and delight! I've got pretty slow internet and I'm not great at ninja-catching, so the AP was fairly hopeless for me, though I did try. (Oh, did I try. XD) In the end, I got one through trading, and one through an awesome surprise gift. I'm hoping to pass the joy along and gift at least one of the eggs next year. ^^

Edited by Imbecamiel

Wow blink.gif Everytime I tried to click on a Holly, I always got the message that I wasn't fast enough. What browser did you use?

Maybe I should improve my clicking skills for next year because I still don't have a Holly... dry.gif

Well, i used firefox with disabled mostofthestuff to make it run faster and i increased its priority in windows. I also installed the ReloadEvery addon so that i don't have to do the refreshing manually. I've set the refresh to 1 sec interval and clicked as fast as i could

Turns out it was fast enough 13 times

I have a Thuwed holly, thinking of trading its offspring for a holly of a different lineage...So holly swaps are welcome. Haha.

My first DC Christmas is coming up and I have two of each dragon to catch. I foresee some having to slip by - I hope I can get a Holly <3 But with poor connection speeds and extreme lag during holiday releases, I doubt I'm going to get one xd.png

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I don't have any yet. I think I saw one last Christmas in the AP, but my memory fails... On which spot do they usually appear? Top left corner, bottom right or somewhere around the center?

I don't have any yet. I think I saw one last Christmas in the AP, but my memory fails... On which spot do they usually appear? Top left corner, bottom right or somewhere around the center?

It depends on how long they have to go ! But mostly top row., as I recall.

I still don't have one. This'll be my fourth Christmas on here, though I didn't really try my first year (didn't know what they were).

I've seen a few in the AP last Christmas (it was my first Christmas on DC, so I didn't realize how rare they were), and I've managed to get an IOU for one the coming Christmas, so I should have one soon.

I'm hoping to catch one from the AP this year. It's my first Christmas on DC, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. But my AP skills are pretty good--I've caught 3 metallics, several trios, a chicken, a couple cheeses and papers, and a whole mess of hatchlings and ER eggs from there since I joined in February. So I'm somewhat optimistic, though I won't turn down a nice, secure IOU.

I was gifted a beautiful 4th gen stairstep Holly by a very nice soul <3 I am still thankful to this day smile.gif He's a gorgeous, from Hollyberry. I named him Hangbutt, as Hollies have major hangbutt tongue.gif

I haven't yet told the person I'm gifting his offspring to this year; I want to read their reaction to being glomped with a Holly without any notice smile.gif

None.

And I actually don't care- I don't like the sprite anyway. If I caught one, I'd sell it for a king's ransom and then two people would be happy. biggrin.gif

None for me either, but I'll be stalking the AP this year for sure! Despite being on DC since 2008, last Christmas was the first one I was actually around/available for, so I was locked catching up with the other dragons I'd missed. This year finding a Holly will be my only AP goal!