Bitterhawk

Holly Poll Who has what?

What proportion of people own a Holly  

1,035 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually love the red Holly sprite, but their colors are some of my favorites. I tend to like intense Reds. They can be bred with other dragons through the year, and with some beautiful results. While I don't have a Holly, (yet!), I picked up this pretty on the AP, http://dragcave.net/lineage/4mlKt. If I had the right one, I'd be trying out some nice combinations, and to have a CB, well... yes, I do dream! xd.png But if we don't dream, those dreams will never come true. smile.gif

[so far] Hollies are actually my favorite Christmas dragon, part of why it's killed me in past years that I could never get my hands on one. I'm REALLY looking forward to being able to breed my new one next year and spread the cheer around.

I like many others don't have one, and due to unfortunate circumstances (and horribly slow internet) I haven't had much of a chance to catch one this year (haven't been able to participate in the holiday event either). But I remain hopeful that at some point the population will have risen high enough for me to get a nice one. smile.gif

Edited by Khymarea

I like many others don't have one, and due to unfortunate circumstances (and horribly slow internet) I haven't had much of a chance to catch one this year (haven't been able to participate in the holiday event either). But I remain hopeful that at some point the population will have risen high enough for me to get a nice one. smile.gif

I'm in the same boat. I was able to log on now (cause santa is putting the presents under the tree for the kids) and I got this years dragons, but with the exception of the trade page, I've not seen any Hollys at all.

But, hey, hope springs eternal! And there is a bit more time to breed, so maybe some of us will still get lucky.

I'm curious--has anyone seen any holly eggs in the current AP holiday onslaught?

Edit: 4 more people have hollies! Faster clickers than me tongue.gif

Edited by Vaprrenon

I'm curious--has anyone seen any holly eggs in the current AP holiday onslaught?

Just saw two go by. They're still out there.

I have to say that I was surprised by the sheer number of Hollies I saw this year. I knew that teleport would cause more to fall, but the difference between this year and last was ridiculous. To people who are planning to try next year - I think the chances will be much better than expected.

I feel a little guilty because I wasn't planning on having a second Holly, but I caught one with a lineage that perfectly matched the one I have, so I decided to keep it. But, since I know I'm never going to be able to quit playing lol, I'll breed them each year and send the two I can teleport off to people that I know are still looking, and the rest will fall for the AP hunters.

Seriously, don't give up hope, guys. I've been in the Holly hunt since '08, and I can promise that the Holly numbers took a huge upswing this year. And when you add in the people who will win Hollies in this years contest (and hopefully in contests every year), the numbers will just keep rising. smile.gif

have not seen any Hollis today yet

I was gifted one this year wub.gif so I would have voted differently now

and I agree that there were far more of them this year then last one. so next year those who haven't got on yet have higher chances smile.gif

good luck for those who are still hunting!

The last few posts are so true, I managed to obtain two hollies this year and let me tell you that, Yes, their numbers have dramatically increased from last year(think I saw only two or three last year), and there's still about a day of breeding and next year their numbers will increase even further, I know I'll be breeding my two and dropping the eggs in the ap next year. So have hope

I have seen so many hollies in the AP. And I haven't been able to obtain a single one because either I click too slow or don't click at all since the mouse is moving. I am just no good at this sad.gif

I think I will just go and stuff myself with cookies biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas to all!

I saw only a couple in the AP but I was way to slow in catching them. Been trying to get one just to have on the scroll but my internet won't support faster refreshing and clicking. I'll probably keep trying to a little bit but it looks like I'm going to have to try for one next year as a better bet. They are pretty cute tho. Good luck everyone!

A few days ago, my answer was that I didn't own a Holly -- but today, it changed! Someone was so kind as to give me a Holly; an even-gen one with a *gorgeous* lineage, too! I love, love, love it. And I'm so psyched to be able to breed it and spread the Holly joy next year, because I see how many people still need and want one. If only we could breed our newly-hatched ones just once, this year!

I've also seen a few Hollies in the AP today -- popping up here and there -- so there is *definitely* still a chance, for those who are hunting! But also, just keep on trading, gifting, chatting, and being nice to others, and remember that what goes around comes around. biggrin.gif Next year should see another exponential increase... plus, people with Hollies get very excited about giving them away!

I think the only holly I will see this year is the real plant as trying to get one is just too depressing the way my computer was reacting to two I tried to click on. It would just not say or do anything then when I refresh the page it would come up again in the same spot and this time when I clicked on it it would say the egg was already taken.

Oh wow!!! I just got one gifted to me!!!!!! Thank you ever so much. At least it made my xmas a bit brighter. I miss mom being here with us the way she would hang my stocking on the door or sit on the chesterfield opening presents with us. I didn't even have the heart to put up my usual xmas decorations like decorating the table, etc. She is in a long term care facility due to developing dementia or alzenheimers. It is so hard due to this being our first xmas in 55 years and for Dad 62 without her.

I'm trying since 2009 and this year I don´t saw any Holly egg in the AP ... I think after the teleport BSA, the chances of getting a Holly from AP decreased slightly.

Edited by Ariviel

No Hollies for me yet. I've been here a couple years, but I went on a hiatus, missed the Snow Angels and the Ribbon Dancers but somehow got the Pumpkins and the Marrows.

This Christmas has been amazing for getting all the beautiful Christmas dragons I missed, but of course there's still a Holly-shaped hole in my scroll. So I'm stalking the AP until I get a rotten headache and my eyes turn square. I'm still optimistic I can catch one and finish my collection, even with my glitchy internet.

Good luck to all other seekers out there as well. And congratulations to first-time Holly owners!

Five days later... I just caught one. ohmy.gif

Happy Holidays, indeed. I still wish all other seekers luck, your day will come.

IF with each new x´mas, the users that had a Holly last year are able to breed yours (since the year of Hollys release), each year we should have more of them!

However, I'm trying the last three years to get a Holly from AP and I have the impression that this doesn´t happen with Hollys.

Look at the example of Tinsels: people had less Tinsels than Hollys because Tinsels has been released this year, but today is not so hard get one (if you don´t care with lineages or inbred).

Why it doesn´t happen with Hollys? O.o

Well, this is just by curiosity. I got my new eggs and the Holyiday Event from this year was great anyway! ^^

Merry X´mas to all! =)

Edited by Ariviel

I have seen more hollies in the AP this year compared to last year (have ran across at least one everyday this week), but I was always a little to slow when it came to clicking them. I continue hunting in the AP until their breeding time is over with dreams of catching one this year. If I don't get one next year then there's always next year.

Are there any Hollys left to breed sad.gif?

I'm still hunting in AP and breeding my dragons to those who have a special wish this Christmas...

We can think so.

Anyone else been trying to use telepathy to convince everyone else on the AP to leave and all the Holly owners to breed their Hollys if they haven't? Or am I going crazy knowing it's the last day for a whole year to catch another Holly? tongue.gif

So, I voted no on the poll, because I didn't have one then and wasn't sure I was going to get one.

And then finally last night, I managed to snag a Holly Egg. xd.png