TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

Oh noes, leetle trees! Where can I find those? Between the normal eggs?

Guess I won't get them ._. I've always wanted one, but I'm locked :x

not again i hated those trees xd.png just missed one. *goes off to stalk cave for tree*

You are not magically golden just because were were around at that time.

xd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.png

I know, I know, you were being all serious and stuff. But this mental image amuses the heck out of me.

*glow glow glow* Lookit me, I'm magically golden! *twirls*

Anyway, I just took a peek at TJ's adult ribbon sprite, and it's a beaut. Kudos to the artist, and I can't wait until mine grow up as well!

I pick my self up a little tree and got it nessled in between my guardan of natures and my golds at the top of my scroll smile.gif

Ohhhhhh!!! The Ribbon grew up and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

...Now I really have to decide to freeze or not to freeze one!

wait...trees???

Now I'm really sad that my ribbons died...the adult is pretty.

DAMN VIEW-BOMBER!

The adult sprite are gorgeous *A* Thank you, TJ and the artist for this dragon! D: Oh nooo, I just missed a leetle tree... -Stalks cave-

She is incredible... Totally smashes any lingering sadness in missing out on a Holly. Wow, she really is a bit special! Thanks for making her! Wow... biggrin.gif

Ohhhhhh!!! The Ribbon grew up and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

...Now I really have to decide to freeze or not to freeze one!

wait...trees???

Not to freeze! Too pretty! smile.gif

Now I'm really sad that my ribbons died...the adult is pretty.

DAMN VIEW-BOMBER!

I've learned to be very careful this time of year, when many people are online and fansites are being flooded with views.

Murrr the adult is so lovely and pretty! I just love it to bits! Is there a name to this creature or is it really called a Ribbon dragon? Whatever it's called it's gorgeous. <3

Murrr the adult is so lovely and pretty! I just love it to bits! Is there a name to this creature or is it really called a Ribbon dragon? Whatever it's called it's gorgeous. <3

Ribbon Dancer is it's official name. >u>

I give up, no leetle for me this year >_>

I'm good with Ribbon Dancer anyway *hug my egg*

They are still dropping in the cave (amongst the eggs). Click! Click like you have never clicked before!

They are still dropping in the cave (amongst the eggs). Click! Click like you have never clicked before!

meeh i want one xd.png come on little hatchie grow up!

Any word on how long the leetles will be dropping? I'm hatchie locked but unfortunately I don't have anything I can freeze D:

Tj said there is no need to drop or freeze xmas 10's for it

the trees will be there for a wile

2nd post on this page

It's interesting that after 2 years TJ finally decides to not make them super rare.

Wonder what changed his mind.

I know I'm about to get flamed, and I'm fine with that.

I understand that new players want a chance to collect every single sprite. But veterans have feelings too, and right now this veteran is feeling mighty sad.

I'm not going to flame you, because I can understand being sad at the loss of "status"...for a few minutes. By the time you've read this, I hope the miserly feeling has passed into an "oh well".

There are plenty of other "status" dragons around the cave. What I wouldn't have given for one of the darker-colored Valentines last year, or for a Holly any year, or to finally get a neglected. With this new contest, there's going to be even more "status" dragons around. Yes, it means more work again to get one, but you can achieve a "special" dragon again if you put in the effort.

That said, I noticed that the Leetle Trees had been upgraded this year to change with the seasons. I think it makes sense for the spriter to ask for it to be dropped again - why put in all that work if only a few people can enjoy it?

I also was one of those people around in 2008 who never could catch a Leetle Tree. I had made a permanent link to a Wild Leetle Tree so I could pretend it was mine and look at it once in a while. Kinda sad, don't you think? ^_~

So, I hope you feel a little better about it now than you did when you posted. So many other people are over the moon, and the spriter's work will get wider appreciation. You're not losing status, you're gaining brethren.

It's interesting that after 2 years TJ finally decides to not make them super rare.

...Probably all the whining.

"Buuuuuutttt, I didn't gettttt a Leettle Treeeeeeeeeeee...WHaaaaaaa!!" :laughs:

...Of course I never got a leetle tree either, so I'm glad to see them!

Edited by Fatelaughs

So do I.

I'm glad he changed it, however.

I missed the flood, though, so it's going to stink trying to grab them amongst the eggs.

I've accidentally acquired a Water Horse I'm stuck with for three more hours. D:

...Probably all the whining.

"Buuuuuutttt, I didn't gettttt a Leettle Treeeeeeeeeeee...WHaaaaaaa!!" :laughs:

Doubt it, it's never seemed to sway him before, and frankly I think he likes a little drama every now and then.

It's probably the recent addition of all the new versions of the tree for different times of the year.