TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

I'm hoping that there's no announcement of who the winners are.  Maybe a PM from TJ congratulating the winners, and maybe a news post announcing to the forum-at-large that the winners have received their eggs (and thus letting people know that if they don't have an egg, they didn't win).  But I'd rather the winners not be "outed" so to speak.  If I win, I don't want people to know that I have one of the prize eggs, at least not initially.  I wouldn't mind an occasional PM from someone asking me to gift them an egg, but if the winners are publicly named, there would be an unmanageable flood of PMs.  Winners should be able to choose to "out" themselves if they want to by posting in the congrats thread or some such.

Would like to draw attention to this post, for any who may have missed it, and to add to it by bringing up a portion of an old post I made elsewhere, it having various points within which does not appear to have been answered anywhere that I've noticed.

I haven't actually seen some things asked yet, and am curious.

Will the exclusive dragons reproduce themselves at the ratios of common, uncommon or rare dragons?

(If they breed like Golds they may not reproduce themselves for years or only once or twice a year - if they breed like commons, there may be one produced every second breeding.)

Will the OTHER eggs and hatchies on the scrolls of the exclusive dragon winners be protected?

Their scrolls will see a lot of traffic for a very long time, and it would suck if they were forced to hide them to keep their other babies alive.

TJ, will you have representatives of each exclusive sprite on the Tree Decorating thread that we can watch growing, and refer to through the years?

That would, I think, at least reduce the problem of chronic overViewing of the winners various babies, and allow us all to share in that aspect of the event.

(Although I strongly believe that the scrolls with exclusive dragons really should be allowed total protection for ALL babies also, so that 'normally viewable' is still a scroll option for winners.)

As far as breeding goes for my Christmas dragons, I want to keep the ones like the snow angels, yule, and holly [all 2nd gen] to mate with the same kind that their parent did.

For example, the parents of my Holly were a Holly and a White Dragon, so I want my Holly to breed with one. What I might do is breed a White from a Red and White Dragon, that way she's even gen and has a candy cane type coloring in her lineage [if others were to keep that pattern going smile.gif]

Same goes for the rest. Now...the Ribbons....SO many possibilities for interesting and beautiful lineages! A Seasonal Dragon [and I'd make sure it was a Winter Dragon] would make a cute little Wintry lineage, but if I want to keep the red/green theme, then I'd definitely breed her with a Red dragon. smile.gif Those would probably be my two choices. That or a white for a green/white coloring. xd.png

I'd be fine if there was no official announcement to who wins, as long as those who don't get to at least see the sprites of the exclusive dragon.

I'd be fine if there was no official announcement to who wins, as long as those who don't get to at least see the sprites of the exclusive dragon.

I agree, it'd be useless to hand out exclusive dragons without letting everyone else at least see them.

Syphoneira makes some excellent points.

My ribbon dancer just grew up. smile.gif

Lucky, mine still have an hour to go, and I caught them in the first wave, too!

Lucky, mine still have an hour to go, and I caught them in the first wave, too!

I got lucky and caught one of mine at about 4 after the hour and the other about 5 minutes later but I froze the second one as a hatchie.

I got lucky and caught one of mine at about 4 after the hour and the other about 5 minutes later but I froze the second one as a hatchie.

I had both of mine by 12:03 AM.

How did you get yours to grow up so quickly?

I'm in complete agreement with Syphoneira's post. Excellent points made.

Half hour to gooooooo and one of my Ribbons will mature then I can go stalk the Cave for a Leetle Tree! biggrin.gif

This'll teach me to always stagger times ... and I've said it several times, but dratted brain won't hold on to the lesson! LOL!

Using the Incubate BSA of a red dragon.

Just my usual. I incubated them and then I ER'd them when they got to 4 days and they hatched/grew up 30 minutes later.

Mine haven't even gendered yet, which is surprising as my other Christmas dragons gendered very quickly. I caught both of mine the 25, and they both hatched the 28th unsure.gif I mean I know they'll both be females, but I was considering freezing one as a S2 Hatchie, but at this point, I might just let her grow up as she'll likely grow to adulthood on the 31st. I dunno yet.

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

Just my usual. I incubated them and then I ER'd them when they got to 4 days and they hatched/grew up 30 minutes later.

Liar! You fed them Rare Candies, didn't you! Maybe mine hatched a few minutes late, they're down to 4d each atm smile.gif

Liar! You fed them Rare Candies, didn't you! Maybe mine hatched a few minutes late, they're down to 4d each atm smile.gif

Wonderful. smile.gif You'll have adults soon. smile.gif

One of mine is at 4 days 1 hour left - I was thinking that'd mean it would mature at 10 pm (PST) or so...

Woot! Mine just grew up, and gave me a neotropical egg as well. Looks pretty darned good on the lineage page. smile.gif

Woot! Mine just grew up, and gave me a neotropical egg as well. Looks pretty darned good on the lineage page. smile.gif

That is a pretty pairing. smile.gif

As members have adults now, I will close this.