TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

I know I'm about to get flamed, and I'm fine with that.

As someone who sat up late into the night two years ago, battling lag and sparse drops to catch my very own leetle tree, I'm beyond disappointed to see them dropping in the cave again. That leetle tree was the most special thing on my scroll, because it was something that could only have been caught at one particular time, and couldn't be gifted, and couldn't be bred. Just having one said, "I was here when..."

I understand that new players want a chance to collect every single sprite. But veterans have feelings too, and right now this veteran is feeling mighty sad.

oh, she's gorgeous!!!

LadyLyzar, tghanks for the awesome sprite! TJ, thanks for choosing this sprite!

it looks awesome! like the name. is the one on your scroll a exclusive one for the artist or alt for people

Thanks for creating the sprite, LadyLyzar! biggrin.gif

I have to admit, when I first saw the hatchlings, they reminded me of Chinese dragons. lol Ribbon dancers are beautiful!

Ribbon Dancers!!! cute name, now if only i can load the IMG xd.png

BTW are Leetle trees still droping?

As someone who sat up late into the night two years ago, battling lag and sparse drops to catch my very own leetle tree, I'm beyond disappointed to see them dropping in the cave again.  That leetle tree was the most special thing on my scroll, because it was something that could only have been caught at one particular time, and couldn't be gifted, and couldn't be bred.  Just having one said, "I was here when..."

I understand that new players want a chance to collect every single sprite.  But veterans have feelings too, and right now this veteran is feeling mighty sad.

You can still show off the date on your tree. Being a major hoarder, getting things first is a pretty big deal. I'm still going to be jealous of people who got them before me.

And, at the rate the trees are dropping now, not that many more people are going to get them it looks like. They only dropped consistently for about two hours.

Site's down now. Weird.

Anyone still have one of them dragons open in a tab or something? If so can you please paste the full description? Thanks!

As someone who sat up late into the night two years ago, battling lag and sparse drops to catch my very own leetle tree, I'm beyond disappointed to see them dropping in the cave again. That leetle tree was the most special thing on my scroll, because it was something that could only have been caught at one particular time, and couldn't be gifted, and couldn't be bred. Just having one said, "I was here when..."

I understand that new players want a chance to collect every single sprite. But veterans have feelings too, and right now this veteran is feeling mighty sad.

Im a vet. I didnt get one. So now, that i got a chance im happy. Why is Tj giving others a chance so OMG bad?

Wow and thank-you, TJ and LadyLyzar for our lovely new Ribbon Dancers.

Adore the name, btw.

And thanks so much TJ for dropping the Leetle Trees so many people wanted so desperately.

So few of us had managed to catch any before, after so much effort - not that they weren't worth it, but...

I do hope they'll drop for a while, give people who might currently be travelling or between PCs due to holiday visits a chance to get them.

:C

I was in the middle of renaming a dragon when the cave sploded... T-T

AND I didn't realize trees were dropping until about 10 minutes before the cave went down...so no trees for me AGAIN this year :/

Unless they're still dropping?

Anyone still have one of them dragons open in a tab or something? If so can you please paste the full description? Thanks!

"Christmas dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the 'Spirits of Christmas.'"

Same as all the other Christmas dragon descriptions, sadly. Although, if you never get to see the dragons you can't really deduce what their personalities and quirks are. Sadface.

o.6 seriously??

You want to be THAT stingy and say that because you had a better connection for that small amount of time that YOU deserve them and others dont?

Well guess what I'm a vet here too, in fact I've helped MAKE special sprites for people like you. I fight for them to be breedable for people to received why?? Because not everyone can have super fast connections and fight a bazillion people for it.

You are not magically golden just because were were around at that time.

The artist wants them to be dropped again, and we are thankful.

I am a veteran of DC and I say GO LEETLE TREES GO!!!

--

And Lyz that dragon is amazingly gorgeous.. I am not sad anymore for not having mine released <3

Im a vet. I didnt get one. So now, that i got a chance im happy. Why is Tj giving others a chance so OMG bad?

This. I wasn't even aware of DC's existence until a month ago. I mean, you do realize that your Leetle tree has a date on it? Mine says Dec. 28th, 2010. Yours will show that you were one of the first, while mine will say I was a couple of years late.

It's not really that big of a deal, is it?

Oh my... What an awesome dragon! ohmy.gif I want mine grow up faster smile.gif

Edited by reimolino

Wow, they're so beautiful. tongue.gif

I was sad because I didn't get to see them, and then the cave came back!

Amazing job, thanks, LadyLyzar!

Does anyone know how long the leetles will be dropping? I stayed up until 2am last night and couldn't stay up any longer to see if there would be anything at the last moment. But for a chance of a leetle tree I would unlock myself.

Same as all the other Christmas dragon descriptions, sadly. Although, if you never get to see the dragons you can't really deduce what their personalities and quirks are. Sadface.

That is too bad, I was hoping for some more flavour text!

I saw the adult on Dragon Cave Wiki, so I'm not missing out smile.gif

LadyLyzar if you see this consider it a plea for more information on your beautiful creations!

I'd like to point out that I WAS around for that, and I DID try. I didn't get one, so I had to sit around for two years without one. You had two years to be special. It's MY TURN now, and I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad about ruining some of the specialness for people like you. Also, people who weren't around didn't even GET a chance to try for one, and if they had been it might be you who would be without one until today while they had a leetle tree for two years.

This is supposed to be the season of giving, not of showing off how you were around two years ago and had fast internet. I think it's nice that people are allowed a second chance to get these lovely sprites that are so rare and special.