TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

I got my limit already. I was wondering, if you abandon one would you be able to get another one or would that be permanent? I'm still new to some things even though I signed up a long time ago. I didn't know about the contest, but I viewed other people's trees, and it looks like I got some competition.

Oh yikes. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope something can be worked out so you can try to catch more eggs.

I've got mine there and they don't have anywhere near that amount of views...but I fogged them just in case.

I fogged mine too and I won't unfog them until they are ER

I got my limit already. I was wondering, if you abandon one would you be able to get another one or would that be permanent? I'm still new to some things even though I signed up a long time ago. I didn't know about the contest, but I viewed other people's trees, and it looks like I got some competition.

Yes, if you abandon one, you may grab another. And how did you manage to view other people's trees?

I got two and they somehow died. What's up? This hasn't happened to me before sad.gif

They got way too many views in less than a day. Those stats are normal for a full grown dragon.

Sorry, but you'll have to wait until next year to get any more. The system will read those as being on your scroll for 2 weeks...well after the eggs stop dropping from the Cave.

EDIT

I'd noticed mine getting a lot of views last night...and I hadn't posted them anywhere, so I fogged them until I got up today.

Edited by RMMC

That's not the right analogy....

Some people play DC with the goal to collect every dragon possible... whereas people eat cake for the taste of it, no one eats a cake so as to be able to taste every possible combination of flavor...

Basically the exclusiveness denies for all but 30 people the possibility of "completing the scroll".

Now whether "collecting every dragon there is" should be the goal is a whole different discussion. For me it's not, there are certain dragons that I will never bother catching.

However, I do like to point out that both the nature of this game and the discussions abound the forums push people in that direction. If people didn't want every dragon there is, there wouldn't be this "addictiveness" nor the need to come out with new dragons to keep people playing. DC wouldn't be a successful game, period, if it didn't operate on such psychology. So I really don't think it's the players to blame when they're disappointed upon realizing a goal they've had for a long time can possibly be never reached.

But as others have pointed out, it's not possible to have every dragon as it is. (Examples are the alt Valentines and the different varieties of Snow Angel - you can only have one variety out of three per scroll.)

The best anyone who plays for scroll completion can realistically hope for is to have as complete a scroll as possible - and that's not going to change with a new prize dragon.

Maybe think of it as a non-collectible breed if it turns out not to be breedable?

No one's going to be happy with everything, but I think challenges and alts make things interesting and fun.

Edit: Anyway, I don't want to argue...I know people play in different ways, and that's cool. smile.gif

Edited by inlaterdays

Thank you for the new eggs! I got a little confused about the tree, so I will keep trying to get it. huh.gif

I'd be willing to bet money that the exclusive dragon will either be breedable, or will be released later on.

I hope it will be just breedable, otherwise it won't be an exclusive dragon.

But as others have pointed out, it's not possible to have every dragon as it is. (Examples are the alt Valentines and the different varieties of Snow Angel - you can only have one variety out of three per scroll.)

I feel there is a different psychology for those exceptions you mentioned. There is nothing that the scroll owner could have done to influence the chances of getting those dragons. There is also little, if any, chance of there being favouritism as they occurred through unanticipated site failure and based on a "random" assignment, respectively.

Just my point of view, feel free to differ.

Uggh I have no idea how to decorate my tree for this. xd.png But I won't stop trying!

Can you view other people's trees? I can't figure out how...

Merry Christmas everyone!

Can you view other people's trees? I can't figure out how...

Merry Christmas everyone!

No. I don't think you can - maybe after the contest is over we will be able to view other's trees.

The eggs this year are so pretty!!! Got both of mine!!! : D And daaangggit!!!! I was on every day for the 12 days...but I had no idea about the ornaments!!! I'm so saaad!! DX

The eggs this year are so pretty!!! Got both of mine!!! : D And daaangggit!!!! I was on every day for the 12 days...but I had no idea about the ornaments!!! I'm so saaad!! DX

You need to be online the NEXT 12 days tongue.gif

It started yesterday.

So, you really haven't miss all the ornaments yet.

And Merry Christmas everyone! tongue.gif

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Yay, got my egg! I'm so glad I could actually get it myself this time, instead of shamelessly relying on someone else to do it for me. I always feel bad about asking people, even though I only ask those who offer. xd.png

Merry Christmas, one and all! <3

It actually started today.... to be technical it started at 12:02 AM last night. I was stalking and waiting for them ninja.gif

I got two and they somehow died. What's up? This hasn't happened to me before sad.gif

FAR too many views too fast. I have mine fogged and shall leave them that way for 24 hours.....

Oops ninja.gif 'd !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'd be willing to bet money that the exclusive dragon will either be breedable, or will be released later on.

TJ said in chat that they won't be available to the public iirc.

Got my two. There seem to be a LOT of Holiday egg deaths this year. Two of the yules I bred have been killed, out of 6. I may go ahead and freeze a hatchling this year. I worry less about having two adults to gift eggs with if the eggs have little chance to survive sad.gif

Btw, I can't update the eggsmack gif (stick hatching eggs) with the new holiday egg because I'm out of town this year.

That's not the right analogy....

Some people play DC with the goal to collect every dragon possible... whereas people eat cake for the taste of it, no one eats a cake so as to be able to taste every possible combination of flavor...

Basically the exclusiveness denies for all but 30 people the possibility of "completing the scroll".

<snip>

So I really don't think it's the players to blame when they're disappointed upon realizing a goal they've had for a long time can possibly be never reached.

Well, yes. But - people who feel like that have been snookered by the pancake dragon, to name but one exclusive. So - no big deal even for them. The 30 people who win this one will still never have the pancake. Or the other exclusive ones I can't recall just now.

Not everyone who goes for the Olympics gets a medal. But that doesn't mean everyone else stops trying for ever and ever, now does it ?

@ Vhale

It's just the excess viewing. Fogging works. Surely it is USUALLY smart to fog rares ?

I noticed my new Yulebuck and Snowangel eggs got a TON of views last night.. had to fog them. The new eggs are about right though. Oo;; Weird. Also, yay tree decorating! I'm so excited for the possibility of either getting a new dragon or getting one of my choice. I already know which I'll be asking for. xd.png

I'm available to catch new event dragons.

Just PM me your username and temporary password before the hourly drop <33