TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

I got both of my eggs within the first forty minutes last night, but this afternoon, both of my Christmas Eggs and one Red egg I bred this morning are all soft shell, what's up?

I fogged them real quick until I can find out what the matter is.

I put both Christmas Eggs on fan sites as soon as I got them last night.

I got both of my eggs within the first forty minutes last night, but this afternoon, both of my Christmas Eggs and one Red egg I bred this morning are all soft shell, what's up?

I fogged them real quick until I can find out what the matter is.

I put both Christmas Eggs on fan sites as soon as I got them last night.

It's generally a good idea to wait a while before posting eggs around smile.gif I wait until mine are down to 6 days before posting them anywhere

Lots of people are getting soft shell and even dead eggs. It is always safer with a new release to wait at least 12 hours to post the eggs any where.

So about this tree decorationg thing, it sounds really cool but do we have to use all the ornaments to decorate or can we leave some off?

I've seen quite a few people around MagiStream forum who don't have more then a good ratio and a nothing that would maybe start causing soft shell sickness but still the eggs are dead. Odd i hope that isn't a glitch...

So about this tree decorationg thing, it sounds really cool but do we have to use all the ornaments to decorate or can we leave some off?

You can leave some off.

We can probably do as we please. The result counts. wink.gif

I've seen quite a few people around MagiStream forum who don't have more then a good ratio and a nothing that would maybe start causing soft shell sickness but still the eggs are dead. Odd i hope that isn't a glitch...

Mine are fine, granted they have been fogged since I caught them.

To use a catcher's badge in your signature, do you have to be part of a group, or do you just have to have caught for at least one other person?

Do we actually need to enter somewhere? or are all decorated trees judged?

(Like, is there a thread we need to post in?)

It's generally a good idea to wait a while before posting eggs around smile.gif I wait until mine are down to 6 days before posting them anywhere

I've never had problems before, this is the first time. Now 4 our of my 5 eggs are soft.

I've been playing for over a year now and this is the first time I've ever heard of waiting to put your eggs out for views.

I check with all of my family who play too and every one of them have soft shelled eggs too, even ones that don't have Holiday eggs.

Kind of odd, this is the first time it's happened and all of my family has the same problem, I could understand if it were just one or two of us, but there are quite a few of us playing. Seems like too much of a coincidence too me. I'm wondering if it's tj's way of telling a lot of us players he doesn't want us playing any more.

To use a catcher's badge in your signature, do you have to be part of a group, or do you just have to have caught for at least one other person?

Nope, it's merely a bragging badge(lol) saying you either caught the holiday eggs for yourself, and/or caught for others. I use grabber badges because I catch for myself.

I generally wait a day before posting mine, too.

Lots of people do theat, to my knowledge.

I've never had problems before, this is the first time. Now 4 our of my 5 eggs are soft.

I've been playing for over a year now and this is the first time I've ever heard of waiting to put your eggs out for views.

I check with all of my family who play too and every one of them have soft shelled eggs too, even ones that don't have Holiday eggs.

Kind of odd, this is the first time it's happened and all of my family has the same problem, I could understand if it were just one or two of us, but there are quite a few of us playing. Seems like too much of a coincidence too me. I'm wondering if it's tj's way of telling a lot of us players he doesn't want us playing any more.

I Highly doubt he'd take that hit to his site, Last thing he'd want is a problem inducted to get people to leave unless he goes all antisocial on us. I but at the most it is a glitch in the codes that have the ratio to go soft of balance. It happens. I just hope it'll get fixed, cause these happen to be one of the prettiest set of eggs. I darn wish i could freeze a few hundred....

I think it's just loads of people looking at them. My yulebucks and snowies had an OBSCENE number of views in their first 24 hours; I fogged them till they were due to hatch - they had enough already !!!! So I am being ULTRA careful with the new eggs.

Rather than being some malicious plot on TJ's part, I think it's far more likely that it's simply a case of far more people being online to get eggs for the holiday release and then checking hatcheries and people's links on forums and such...

I'm wondering if it's tj's way of telling a lot of us players he doesn't want us playing any more.

I'm sure TJ has much more direct ways to telling you to go. He is not, after all, one who is afraid to speak straightforwardly.

Whoo hoo, my siblings and I all have our eggs! *dances* Thanks, awesome catchers! You're awesome!

Ahem. Sorry to ask a question that's probably been posed and answered a billion times, but I'm leaving for a family dinner soon and don't have the time to dig through the 50 pages. What's up with the trees? Can we find more ornaments, like in the Halloween and Easter events, or are the baubles that are already there all that goes on the trees? Just out of curiosity; they're gorgeous either way.

Thanks so, so much, TJ and spriters, for another wonderful Dragon Cave holiday event! *hugs*

~Feathers

I'm wondering if it's tj's way of telling a lot of us players he doesn't want us playing any more.

TJ doesn't control the fansites. They're all created and run by DC users. The high amount of views are due to the holiday hype and the sites being flooded with users. It's always best to wait a day during event releases, for this very reason.

Awww, I'm so happy!

I like the new eggies and the competition, too.

Now I have 2 of the new ones in my scroll. smile.gif

Awww, poo.... I think that should be fixed. Where dead eggs don't have an ID for their dragon type. :< So that way when an egg dies, it doesn't interfere with the holiday stuffs...

Can you imagine, if having a dead holiday egg doesn't count towards the limit, lots of people would catch and try to force the hatchling out and if it dies, they can just go back to catching another.

Sorry to say this but I'm glad TJ doesn't "fix" that cos that'll make these eggs very precious so we have to make sure to take care it doesn't die ninja.gif

Ahem. Sorry to ask a question that's probably been posed and answered a billion times, but I'm leaving for a family dinner soon and don't have the time to dig through the 50 pages. What's up with the trees? Can we find more ornaments, like in the Halloween and Easter events, or are the baubles that are already there all that goes on the trees? Just out of curiosity; they're gorgeous either way.

1 ornament per day (first day you get the baubles for example) for 12 days, but you have to actually visit the tree to get them. =)

Also , beautiful eggs, can't wait to see the adults!^^ Merry Christmas, everyone!

If anyone wants me to catch an egg for them, I'll be happy to do so. Just PM me. First come first serve, seeing as I'm catching the egg from my account and then gifting it.