TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

+1

It's just silly to complain, we're already getting wonderful celebrations, they just get a little more. We are still lucky for the celebrations we have!

I totally agree. Although I wouldn't mind winning tongue.gif

It's just silly to complain, we're already getting wonderful celebrations, they just get a little more. We are still lucky for the celebrations we have!

As others before me have surely expressed, I am not complaining that there will be exclusives, or even that I may not get them. I'm just anticipating all the drama that will undoubtedly ensue, if history is any guide.

Just look at the Leetle trees, and they weren't even exclusive.

Ooh... Shiny...

Thank you for the wonderful event! I probably won't be one of those who get an exclusive dragie, but that doesn't matter. Congratulations to those who will get it! I got two of the Holiday-dragons, so I'm happy. =3

It's "exclusive" I doubt it will be able to breed, like the GoD doesn't breed(as far as I know)

Personally if I had an "exclusive" dragon, I wouldn't want it to breed. This isn't greed talking. I mean, how would you feel if you had this awesome dragon that you won because you devotely logged on every day for 12 days to get it was bred out everywhere so the lowest newbie could get it(- to new people) without the work of decorating, thats like paying an employee the same pay as you that never does the job.

The word "exclusive" is there for a reason....

Sorry if I seem rude, but I already see the fire rising of "exclusive" dragon

Eh, what fire? It's a game, there's no reason to get upset about it. I'm just speculating, is all. And I'll admit to being a bit disappointed if it's something that's truly "exclusive," but meh, whatever.

On the other hand, TJ also called the new Christmas dragons "exclusive," and we'll be able to breed them next year.

As for the lowest newbie getting it ("lowest"? Really? How do you define that, anyway? huh.gif) they'd be even more rare than Hollies, of which there are over 100. You know how hard those are to catch! Even if the the 30 dragons are able to breed, I highly doubt they'll be something everyone is able to get!

Edited by Danne

Yay! I have two eggs from this year. Only because a very nice person caught them for me. Had it not been for her I probably would have them! biggrin.gif

I've been decorating my tree too! So do we go back everyday and there will be new ornaments, or...when did that start? Yesterday, or today? (the tree)

I feel very ignorant in asking this, but even though there are eggs, it says someone has taken it. Are there only 3 eggs given per drop or are people just gobbling them up that quickly?

Heh, it may this exclusive dragon may become something like a prize for future competitions. Or this will be a special alternate version of a future release dragon.

And even then making the top 50 is still desirable because the 20 runners up get a free egg of their choice, and that is just as good to some people.

I also wonder if only those who log in and view the tree all twelve days will be eligible. If so then the pool of people who are eligible will be much smaller and the chances of sucess will significantly increase. It'd also be easier for them judge.

It's "exclusive" I doubt it will be able to breed, like the GoD doesn't breed(as far as I know)

Personally if I had an "exclusive" dragon, I wouldn't want it to breed. This isn't greed talking. I mean, how would you feel if you had this awesome dragon that you won because you devotely logged on every day for 12 days to get it was bred out everywhere so the lowest newbie could get it(- to new people) without the work of decorating, thats like paying an employee the same pay as you that never does the job.

The word "exclusive" is there for a reason....

Sorry if I seem rude, but I already see the fire rising of "exclusive" dragon

But only the winners would have a CB of it, and the satisfaction of knowing that there are only 30 of those in existence. Any others would never be CB. Any non-CB would trace back to one of the 30 winners. Pretty cool, no? IMO, anyways.

My point is, I love that DC lets it's users breed and share the love on holidays. That's one of the charms of the site, and the lack of is a huge reason I quit another site. DC is really good at making things available to new users, without making the older ones "not as special".

Not that I'm complaining about something that I don't even know all the details of yet. I'd personally be fine if they couldn't breed. A bit disappointed, yes, but I have Missingno, the leetle stack of pancakes, the heart egg, and the xd.png egg all bookmarked. Along with holiday alts that I'll never get, etc. And I'm happy with just seeing them. As long as dragons exclusive to winning contests don't become as regular as the breedable holidays, I'm good.

...But yes. The fire has started. And it will burn. *gets popcorn* Nothing to do now but try to shut up and watch.

*PleaseLetThisCountAsOnTopic* *IsBracingToSee_Z_AnytimeNow*

EDIT: Wow... The concept of an exclusive dragon is getting a far better reception than I anticipated. Yay for acceptance! laugh.gif

Edited by AlternateMew

I feel very ignorant in asking this, but even though there are eggs, it says someone has taken it. Are there only 3 eggs given per drop or are people just gobbling them up that quickly?

People just catch them very quickly.

Well, I'll surely be trying for the exclusive dragon....that would be so cool! But if I don't get one, oh well! At least I would've tried and it's still fun to be able to be a part of all the events going on! I'm so excited to see what the adult dragon looks like for this new shiny egg... I can't wait! I hope mine are a female and a male! biggrin.gif

I kind of like the exclusive prize dragons... I hope they'll be able to breed though, because that would be neat! I would certainly breed one every chance I got if I won one (which I won't lol but oh well!)

Thank you blueice. I was lucky to catch a previous year's egg because someone so generously bred them and dropped them into the abandoned area. smile.gif Thank you whoever you are! Merry Christmas to you!

I don't care about the 30, but it would be nice if the regular Christmas dragons were dropping, because they aren't. Yet again there are too many regular eggs sitting on the abandoned page and no Christmas dragons are happening.

OMG I have GOT to win!!! *goes off to make a fail attempt to decorate tree*

And yay! My first christmas on dragon cave! Time to wrestle the lagmonster for 2 eggs!

biggrin.gif Thank you TJ!

I don't care about the 30, but it would be nice if the regular Christmas dragons were dropping, because they aren't. Yet again there are too many regular eggs sitting on the abandoned page and no Christmas dragons are happening.

Give it time. They will be dropping till 28th.

I... really don't like the idea of an exclusive dragon. =.= I mean... It seems to me that it'll become a kind of prestige thing, like NDs, only even worse. "Ha ha, I have the exclusive dragon on my scroll and you don't..."

Exclusive in that only *some* people got a goth valentine to make up for a system error. Exclusive in that only *some* people have alt black cave borns due to a glitch.

Either of those situations could have been easily fixed by TJ just giving new sweetling eggs to those whose eggs were accidentally abandoned by the system and he could have turned the alt blacks back to regular dragons after the glitch was discovered... but he didn't. He let people have exclusive things.

NDs cannot even come close to matching the exclusiveness of the 2 situations above..there are tons of NDs out there in comparison.

First of all:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE OUT THERE!

And YAY for new eggs! I managed to snag my two within a 5-minute drop and now stalk the AP for interesting eggs that others might abandon.

Good luck to all those still hunting and a big THANK YOU to all the spriters and TJ for the hard work and all that *huggs and kisses to all of you*

Happy Holidays and thanks TJ! Best event ever!

I was able to get two of the new holiday dragon eggs,

and I bred my 09 and 08 holiday dragons a few days ago... 2 yulebucks, 3 angelwings: the eggs went to the AP and they'll hatch soon.

I really like the tree-decorating and contest idea. I'll certainly participate.

:-)

I'd ask for a Holly if I won!

The abandoned page does not block the cave during drops like this. It is just that the eggs are being grabbed up very quickly. The drops at the top of the hour will be your best bet to actually catch one as there are more eggs available then.

Wow! The hatchies are just amazing! I can't wait to see the adults! Thank you TJ and the spriters!

Edited by Suzamawolf

Thanks!!! I'm so happy to have a tree finally although its not the original Christmas tree egg LOL

got one egg towards the first hour of the drop and I didn't even know it started yet (I forgot) but now I can't seem to get the second xd.png I wonder how i got the first, I really do. I never seem to be able to catch anything... eh, just keep trying (not swimming for all those Nemo fans out there).