TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

how come I can't view other users trees...... I wanna see what everyone else is going...

My thoughts exactly. I kinda wanna see other peoples lol x3

Yay! Got my first two already . They were a little easy to catch. I already have my first half of ornaments on my Christmas tree. Merry Christmas everybody! biggrin.gif

I may be a bearer of bad news because the dead eggs will remain in your scroll for 2 weeks. And the system will still recognize it as you have fulfilled your limit for the holiday dragons until the egg dissappears. Which mean, you may not catch anymore until next year.

Oh yea that's right. This Christmas officially sucks...

For all those with slow computers (I'm not sure if it works for everyone): somewhere on whatever browser you are using you should have the option to turn off the images. In Firefox it's under preferences and it still gives you the link to the egg. Doing this makes your pages load faster and is how I got my 2 eggs and a few for others.

You should also turn off Javascript while you're at it.

For Chrome users, like myself, the option is as follows:

Wrench > Options > Under the Hood > Content Settings

Cheers.

You got several ball ornaments for logging in today. ;U Tomorrow's will bring in a new set of stuff.

Oooohh...

Thanks! Now I can go more complicated...

Does anyone have ideas for cool stuff to do? First I tried doing MC! for merry Christmas, but it didn't work so I tried drawing a dragon with the ornaments, but that didn't work so I tried a tinsel-thing but *it* didn't work so now I have my ornaments in a pyramid.

I'm glad noone can see my tree! lol I don't want to see anyone else's either until the competition is done...I want my idea to be my own, and don't want anyone knowing what I'm doing yet either! >D Bring on the ornaments! biggrin.gif

My thoughts exactly. I kinda wanna see other peoples lol x3

Because there is a contest running atm, you won't be able to see other people's creative work. This is to deter from finger pointing of someone stealing your ideas. We don't need that kind of drama now do we? xd.png

After the contest is over, I am sure our trees will be for all to see and admire.

This is nice. Shiny new dragons, a contest with more pretty pixels as prizes (I hope they are breedable), and my previous Christmas dragons produced 7 eggs all together.

Merry Christmas and good luck everyone!

PM Z or TJ anyway (Z for sure)-- maybe something can be done. My friend also posted hers at the same place and she doesn't have NEARLY that many views, and she caught hers last night as well.

I hope something can be done.

I think it's kind of the point not to see others' trees. Anyway I haven't thought of what I'll do until I see what more of the ornaments are.

Doubt I'll win anything tongue.gif But I'm gonna enter anyway.

I'm catching eggs for you if needed! just send me ~Edited~

~We strongly suggest members, do not give out private information to anyone.~

Edited by _Z_

Or you could just wait 24 hours and catch another set. It's really not that big of a deal...

Or you could just wait 24 hours and catch another set. It's really not that big of a deal...

She can't because of the new set limit on scroll. Dead eggs stays for 2 weeks, thus her scroll will still register the two holiday eggs.

Whoo! TJ's eggs hatched! The hatchling is so pretty. Good luck to everyone still catching.

PM Z or TJ anyway (Z for sure)-- maybe something can be done. My friend also posted hers at the same place and she doesn't have NEARLY that many views, and she caught hers last night as well.

I hope something can be done.

Thanks, I sent a PM to Z to see if anything went wrong or if I just got unlucky.

We all get cake and frosting and ice cream, it doesn't make sense to complain that 30 people get a cherry on top. There's some great stuff going on; enjoy it. smile.gif

That's not the right analogy....

Some people play DC with the goal to collect every dragon possible... whereas people eat cake for the taste of it, no one eats a cake so as to be able to taste every possible combination of flavor...

Basically the exclusiveness denies for all but 30 people the possibility of "completing the scroll".

Now whether "collecting every dragon there is" should be the goal is a whole different discussion. For me it's not, there are certain dragons that I will never bother catching.

However, I do like to point out that both the nature of this game and the discussions abound the forums push people in that direction. If people didn't want every dragon there is, there wouldn't be this "addictiveness" nor the need to come out with new dragons to keep people playing. DC wouldn't be a successful game, period, if it didn't operate on such psychology. So I really don't think it's the players to blame when they're disappointed upon realizing a goal they've had for a long time can possibly be never reached.

Edited by welkin

She can't because of the new set limit on scroll. Dead eggs stays for 2 weeks, thus her scroll will still register the two holiday eggs.

Ah, I had forgotten that dead eggs still count for the holiday limit. Has it always been so?

This is true. However, I am a he not a she thank you

Ah, I had forgotten that dead eggs still count for the holiday limit. Has it always been so?

I have just recently found out myself. TJ made it known himself. Previously, there is not set limit on new eggs in scroll, even if we have two, we can still catch and it will just auto. This year, 2 means 2. LOL...

This is true. However, I am a he not a she thank you

My apologies ...

Edited by arlymaye

I posted them at the Dragonnery where I normally always do. Never had eggs die on me from there before.

Scroll:

www.dragcave.net/user/arata-ryuu

Oh yikes. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope something can be worked out so you can try to catch more eggs.

I've got mine there and they don't have anywhere near that amount of views...but I fogged them just in case.

Got mine already! Now to try to get a holly...