TJ09

2010-12-25 - Merry Christmas

Hey, what gives? I got my two, but my pinks can't influence them?

Or are they going to be one gender only?

EDIT: I see TJ's are both female. Guess that answers that question. Its cool then.

Edited by Riverwillows

Does anyone have any tips for someone whose page takes a while to load and then those eggs are gone, so I refresh, and that takes a while to load too, so those eggs are gone by the time I click them too? Please help us computer slowpokes!

Personally if I had an "exclusive" dragon, I wouldn't want it to breed. This isn't greed talking. I mean, how would you feel if you had this awesome dragon that you won because you devotely logged on every day for 12 days to get it was bred out everywhere so the lowest newbie could get it(- to new people) without the work of decorating, thats like paying an employee the same pay as you that never does the job.

Personally? I would love it, because it means I could give others (even the newbies) a special gift from a dragon that's very special to me.

Edited by AngelKitty

It was surprisingly easy for me to get my two Christmas dragons.

Also, am I the only one who already has all the ornaments? My tree is completely filled up, but isn't this just the first day?

Okay, 5 requests are completed fast and successfully, as I expected^^ 5 more slots opened! smile.gif Start PM'ing me your temporary password and username.

Edited by Reginea9

I'm back for Christmas and ready to hunt me some of those ribbon eggs. See if I can obtain 1 within the hour.

*continues to stalk*

I got two and they somehow died. What's up? This hasn't happened to me before sad.gif

As I cannot see your scroll, I can only speculate that you added them to too many fansites, too quickly.

Aw, I personally was hoping for Males lol tongue.gif I could kind of feel based on the eggs that they were going to be female but yeah, I would've liked males more happy.gif The hatchies are wonderful! I just wish I saw the s1 sprite lol - only 2 days to wait though until I see them :3

*edit - just checked wiki tongue.gif*

Personally? I would love it, because it means I could give others (even the newbies) a special gift from a dragon that's very special to me.

This is how I feel too. Having something exclusive allows you to gift others that exclusive item especially around this time of year when really it's all about giving and doing random acts of kindness. Can anyone tell me if any of my dragons are hard to find? I'll gladly breed them. My scroll is lyricmaniac. Also, I got my dragons YAY! Woohoo shiny eggs!

Edited by Lyricmaniac

I got two and they somehow died. What's up? This hasn't happened to me before sad.gif

Where did you post them? I haven't looked at your scroll, but if you posted them at too many places or at an active place that auto-refreshes, they may have gotten too many views/clicks too fast.

If that is not the case, you might need to pm a mod or someone.

Found your scroll-- too many views, not enough clicks-- both died of soft-shell/sickness. When you catch the next two, wait 24 hours before posting anywhere.

Edited by cynlee717

Where did you post them? I haven't looked at your scroll, but if you posted them at too many places or at an active place that auto-refreshes, they may have gotten too many views/clicks too fast.

If that is not the case, you might need to pm a mod or someone.

I posted them at the Dragonnery where I normally always do. Never had eggs die on me from there before.

Scroll:

www.dragcave.net/user/arata-ryuu

It was surprisingly easy for me to get my two Christmas dragons.

Also, am I the only one who already has all the ornaments? My tree is completely filled up, but isn't this just the first day?

You got several ball ornaments for logging in today. ;U Tomorrow's will bring in a new set of stuff.

With regard to a couple of earlier points made:

the spriters of each dragons may have had concepts whereby each gender-specific dragon was seen as a specific gender, rather than TJ choosing.

Not that I know anything about it, lol, just guessing because my speculators are on anyway.

Also: while I'm obviously not going to be in the running for any competition dragons, I do know that a great deal of the fun in having something not commonly/readily available is sharing through breeding, even if the special dragon can only be shared through appearances in lineages.

Speaking personally, I hope that these competition dragons will be able to reproduce and I greedily hope one day to have some of their progeny, whether or not they reproduce their parents, so there is some self-interest there, lol.

For all those with slow computers (I'm not sure if it works for everyone): somewhere on whatever browser you are using you should have the option to turn off the images. In Firefox it's under preferences and it still gives you the link to the egg. Doing this makes your pages load faster and is how I got my 2 eggs and a few for others.

hope I helped. Happy Holidays People!

Well, that was quick. blink.gif

Just obtained my 2 ribbon Eggs. Thought it would be much harder than that.

I'm set up now. Just need those decors for the tree.

yay! finally I got 2 eggs for 2010 look good. whew hard to get those at time. good luck for Xmas... wink.gif I hope my eggs soon hatching next week... does both will be female and male? and nice xmas tree too on my scroll.. thanks!... smile.gif

Edited by Soundwave95

Yay new eggs. I can't wait till they hatch.

Now working on decorating my tree ^^.

Edited by Nightwish Delight

I posted them at the Dragonnery where I normally always do. Never had eggs die on me from there before.

Scroll:

www.dragcave.net/user/arata-ryuu

Sorry that it happened. Hope you can catch two more soon!

caught two shiny beauties in 5 minutes. thank you for awesome eggies, TJ!

Sorry that it happened. Hope you can catch two more soon!

Should I PM a mod in case and find out? I can't catch any now. I got them last night around midnight cave time. I got on just now and they're dead. awfully quick. Either way I can't catch any of that breed till tomorrow cause of the limit

Wo0t, just got my two! Man, I have to remember that turning off images helps immensely. I was trying and trying, could barely get the page to refresh... then I turned off the images, and immediately got two on the next drop. xd.png

Am I the only one having trouble with the tree, though? Last night my tree showed up full of the ball ornaments, but it wouldn't let me move any of them. So I pushed the "reset ornaments" button... and it moved the ornaments to the side, shows them greyed out, and... still can't move any of them.

Should I PM a mod in case and find out? I can't catch any now. I got them last night around midnight cave time. I got on just now and they're dead. awfully quick. Either way I can't catch any of that breed till tomorrow cause of the limit

I may be a bearer of bad news because the dead eggs will remain in your scroll for 2 weeks. And the system will still recognize it as you have fulfilled your limit for the holiday dragons until the egg dissappears. Which mean, you may not catch anymore until next year.