sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Oh yeah, I could write something concerning that. He doesn't know much about mana crystals, but I could at least jot down some curiosities so I don't end up with a one-liner. xd.png

Alright, glad I could help. I'm probably going to have to sacrifice a character or 2 because there's no way I can keep up with 5 (or 6 if you count Quinn, but she's more of a background character who I only RP once in a while). Too many people have quit in a short amount of time. sleep.gif

LOL xd.png I think Ranu has just experienced her first interaction with Liger and got her first feelings for him wakened up. I wonder if that one experience has made her see him as more than a hatch mate.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

She'll probably consider him to be like a brother as they get closer, but it would be interesting to see them come to realize in the future that they were both orphaned and maybe develop more romantic feelings. She's still a baby though, so we'll have to wait and see. happy.gif

You don't have to PM me, I'm watching the thread. I'm just a bit slow with replies right now with our new house needing a bit of work and all. I will try and write a post soon though so you aren't waiting on me.

Ah ok, my apologies. Just so you know, Captain_Gunzou and I think that we should do a time skip soon so we can speed up progress. It's been getting slower since we lost a few people. Edited by Booo

I meant that we should time skip to where Ranu Crusher Artermis Irah and the rest meet, cause how would they be explained without them even meeting?!

I guess we could do that. I just thought it might be weird to continue from where we are, now that the mundanes for Echo, Sky, and Lucius are gone.

I'm fine with a time-skip, if it's what you guys want to do. We could say Artemis and her hatchlings meet up with Crusher and the others, and everyone starts traveling to the desert? Though I don't know what would happen along the way, unless there was a skirmish, or ruins were spotted, or something else that stalls the journey. I haven't been here long enough to know if there are any plans for what happens once we've made it to the desert.

Pretty much. I thought we could skip to them having stopped somewhere in the forest to rest and I have a plan for what will happen after that. I've discussed this with LLD since Crusher is his character and Crusher chose the desert as their getaway for a very specific reason. Things are going to get interesting to say the least. wink.gif

Ok time skip is fine then with me. I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to happen.

May I join? I hope this is ok..

Username: SaphireKat

Name: Vulkoorvulon

Type/Breed: Brute

Power: Through some accident, Vulkoorvulon found out he could freeze time, but only for a few seconds. The power is only triggered when he is in danger or is feeling fearful. Other dragons are always confused about how he can dodge their attacks so well..... However, if the power is triggered or used two much, Vulkoorvulon can become disorientatedand groggy. He also "forgets" how to think and becomes irrational. If it becomes too much for him, he can pass out, sometimes for days on end.

Personality: Vulkoorvulon is quite energetic and is into making "suprise attacks" on other dragons. He's also kind of smug and flaunts around his muscular frame, always reminding other dragons how he's bigger than them. Even though he's rough around the edges, he's still very caring and he's protective over younger dragons. And he will always put up a fight, no matter how big his opponent

Appearance: From his energetic demeanor, his horns are chipped from running into to many things, and there are teeth marks in his horns where his mother dragon would grab him when he misbehaved or when he was beating up on smaller hatchlings

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling

History: Vulkoorvulon was hatched into a flock of mixed dragons. Many of the dragons didn't want to raise Vulkoorvulon for fear that his size and nature would lead him to hurt the other hatchlings. This left the female dragons without hatchlings to care for him, which left him with Bleeding moon or another Brute as his mother. The Brute, whose name was Fearslash, quickly adopted the new hatchling with pride, for it was the perfect thing to fill the gap from her lost son. Fearslash felt something special about the hatchling, and decided to give him a name in ancient dragon language.

An attack on the flock by an enemy group of dragons caused all the dragons to split, causing the fall of the flock. These enemy dragons were other Brutes, which captured Vulkoorvulon and Fearslash. Vulkoorvulon managed to writhe out of the grasp of the dragon that was carrying him, but Fearslash wasn't so lucky, and she got dragged away in the night by the other Brutes.

From there, Vulkoorvulon became lost in the forest.

Extra: Vulkoorvulon means Dark summer night in Dovahzul. May be called Vulkoor or just Vulon for short. Also, Vulkoorvulon's story is based off of my scroll and the dragons I have there smile.gif

Edited by SaphireKat

May I join? I hope this is ok..

Username: SaphireKat

Name: Vulkoorvulon

Type/Breed: Brute

Power: Through some accident, Vulkoorvulon found out he could freeze time, but only for a few moments. Other dragons are always confused about how he can dodge their attacks so well.....

Personality: Vulkoorvulon is quite energetic and is into making "suprise attacks" on other dragons. He's also kind of smug and flaunts around his muscular frame, always reminding other dragons how he's bigger than them. Even though he's rough around the edges, he's still very caring and he's protective over younger dragons. And he will always put up a fight, no matter how big his opponent

Appearance: From his entergetic demeanor, his horns are chipped from running into to many things, and there are teeth marks in his horns where his mother dragon would grab him when he misbehaved or when he was beating up on smaller hatchlings

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling

History: Vulkoorvulon was hatched into a flock of mixed dragons. Many of the dragons didn't want to raise Vulkoorvulon for fear that his size and nature would lead him to hurt the other hatchlings. This left the female dragons without hatchlings to care for him, which left him with Bleeding moon or another Brute as his mother. The Brute, whose name was Fearslash, quickly adopted the new hatchling with pride, for it was the perfect thing to fill the gap from her lost son. Fearslash felt something special about the hatchling, and decided to give him a name in ancient dragon language.

An attack on the flock by an enemy group of dragons caused all the dragons to split, causing the fall of the flock. These enemy dragons were other Brutes, which captured Vulkoorvulon and Fearslash. Vulkoorvulon managed to writhe out of the grasp of the dragon that was carrying him, but Fearslash wasn't so lucky, and she got dragged away in the night by the other Brutes.

From there, Vulkoorvulon became lost in the forest.

Extra: Vulkoorvulon means Dark summer night in Dovahzul. May be called Vulkoor or just Vulon for short. Also, Vulkoorvulon's story is based off of my scroll and the dragons I have there smile.gif

How long is a few moments? How often can he do this? What are the cons?

A was thinking like a few seconds only when he's in immeadiate danger. If he uses it too much he becomes really groggy and can't really think straight.

If I need to edit that in I can smile.gif

Captain_Gunzou, I've actually been thinking of having Ranu die. The reasons being that I feel like I currently have too many characters to maintain and I'd rather RP a new character that's mine to begin with rather than take someone else's. If you really want me to keep Ranu then I will, but there are other hatchlings that Liger can bond with.

So wait, I have a post written up, but is the part where Liger loses track of time the time-skip? Or has it not happened yet?

It hasn't happened yet. I'll probably start it once Captain_Gunzou replies. Edited by Booo

I know I'm not interacting with Liger right now, but...

Liger put up a reassuring foreleg around Ranu, before looking at Crusher. A mother and her cubs came to the beach, and the mother was fishing when she scooped me and a fish onto the shore. The cubs were curious about my egg and began poking and examining it. I tried to hold in a sneeze, but couldn't. The tree that was in my line of sight nearest to me caught fire and started coming down. The mother screamed in fright and dashed to where her cubs were. Then she decided to get out of there cause my father was flying overhead looking for me. He spotted my egg and came down to get me but was confronted. A dragon with a white spine and a skull on his head came out and confronted my father." "What do you think you are doing here?!" "I came here to look for my son!" "Yeah!, Right!" "He killed my dad, and pushed his body into the river before leaving a bit later."

No offense, but your post perplexes me. xd.png The first sentence is consistent with your other posts, and then you start talking about a mother and her cubs, which I'm presuming are some bears strolling by? But then you say the mother screams as a tree lights on fire and falls because Liger sneezed, suggesting they aren't bears? (I've never heard of a bear screaming before o: ). Then suddenly you switch to first-person view and start talking about "my father", which confronts some other dragon that arrives on the scene, but we don't know who's in the egg or who the father is? Are the bears there for dramatic effect? Where did the father dragon come from, or the hostile dragon, or even the egg? Will the dragons flying out of the cave notice the flaming tree, or is this a scene that is somehow in Liger's head (such as a memory)?

Sorry if I'm offensive in any way, I'm just very confused by what just happened.

If you search on around 287 in ooc you'll see that my character's history shows how he got to that beach in the first place, and the rest is the memory of how his view from his egg. Also they did notice cause Artermis went to check it out.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Ohhh, that's Liger explaining what happened! I thought that was something that actually happened while Artemis and the others were joining up; looking back on it, I think it's because you missed a quotation mark. I thought it was narrative, not dialogue. xd.png

Though that brings me to another curiosity; if Liger was in his egg, how did he know what everything looked like around him? The bears I get since they were really close to him, and if he had a crack in his shell he could peer out and see them, and I sort of understand how he knows who is father is despite not seeing him, but it seems odd that he knew what the enemy dragon looked like.

On another note, I haven't written a post for Cetn since I'm assuming we'll be doing the time-skip soon, so I put him in a position ready for that. Do we know how far we're jumping ahead? That way I can start thinking about my next post.

Remember his egg shell cracked and broke but was still attached a bit so he knew what he was looking at. Remember the movie Dinosaur how his egg had a part still attached to the egg and she opened it. His egg where the face would be cracked when he came onto shore but he peeked out when was looking around and then the father came after the mother and her cubs left. So he was able to see the dragon who attacked his father. Father facing him and he were facing the forest when Evil crusher came out of the forest behind him but in the line of sight to Liger.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I haven't seen the movie Dinosaur. And I missed the part where Liger pushed a piece of the eggshell out of the way; it seemed he had only a crack to look though. Still though, it seems odd that Liger knows so much when he has just barely hatched out of his egg.

Yeah, he's advanced in that field but there will be drawbacks elsewhere. Say adaptability to certain climates, and immune system, and the growing he'll have to endure. Or maybe the amount of time he can stay awake.

I didn't have time to recap all my characters, but I wrote a bittersweet goodbye between Irah and Sky so I thought I might as well post it. It's not great, but I thought their relationship deserved something more than 'he's gone omg'. So feel free to fill in more detail since I barely touch on where their sleeping and what the area looks like.