sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Uh...I'm kinda stuck? I'm not really sure what to do with Sky for the moment. ┐(´・ᴗ・`)┌

Didn't mean to ignore you Dream. ^^' I was just waiting for Skwerl at the time and didn't know what else to do. I'll post tomorrow during my free time.

@XoeJane lol I thought so, no worries. smile.gif

@little lost dragon Do you remember if it was ever explained how EC came about? Or did he just kinda show up when you decided to bring him back?

Edited by Booo

@little lost dragon Do you remember if it was ever explained how EC came about? Or did he just kinda show up when you decided to bring him back?[/color]

I do, what happened is this version of EC was never turned. His weakness never used and he's kind of been through more then one universe kick. Decades maybe more from now RP time good Crusher had started to go from time line to time line to try and banish EC for good. Of course though when you do that there's always another end to the tunnel. Unknowingly another older time line of Crusher has been kind of pushing EC around persay.

What the good Crusher does not know now, is that the last time he did this to EC, he's accidentally sent EC to his own and much further back in his time line. causing good Crusher's older self to be unable to continue the chase. If EC wins and kills Crusher, EC may vanish, or the rest of the time line ahead resets if it hasn't already with new events already in motion thanks to EC.

The initial idea was that the group eventually collects enough members and artifacts to banish him again (for the 'first' time) if they fail to find his weakness and or unwilling to use it against him.

That's very complicated. xd.png I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Didn't you say you wanted to write his origin story as the epilogue?

I'm asking because I have an idea where Crusher eventually confesses to everyone about how he knows so much about their nemesis of the same name. Kinda need your approval though.

Edited by Booo

That's very complicated. xd.png I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Didn't you say you wanted to write his origin story as the epilogue?

I'm asking because I have an idea where Crusher eventually confesses to everyone about how he knows so much about their nemesis of the same name. Kinda need your approval though.

As far as Crusher knows, he knows his own back story, and he recognizes EC as what he used to be. But the whole time line portal thing is something he does not know about.

Guess you could say, EC is his inner demon made.... physical? He knows he won the fight with his dark self. And that EC should no longer be a thing, but he can't deny EC is very much out there and beyond the GoN power is what he used to be right down to the bone plate pattern. Seems older and can read him like a book (he stands little to no chance in a straight up fight)

All in all, its confusing for him too I'd imagine, but he can't deny it. He'd be unsure how EC showed up, but knows its a problem. As for how Crusher was first changed, he'd be unsure of what triggered that. Partly cause I want to keep people wondering what the key is to beat EC with out needing massive amounts of power or something.

As far as Crusher knows, he knows his own back story, and he recognizes EC as what he used to be. But the whole time line portal thing is something he does not know about.

Guess you could say, EC is his inner demon made.... physical? He knows he won the fight with his dark self. And that EC should no longer be a thing, but he can't deny EC is very much out there and beyond the GoN power is what he used to be right down to the bone plate pattern. Seems older and can read him like a book (he stands little to no chance in a straight up fight)

All in all, its confusing for him too I'd imagine, but he can't deny it. He'd be unsure how EC showed up, but knows its a problem. As for how Crusher was first changed, he'd be unsure of what triggered that. Partly cause I want to keep people wondering what the key is to beat EC with out needing massive amounts of power or something.

So Crusher doesn't know how EC initially showed up or how he keeps appearing. Ok, got it.

I already figured out that he's his inner demon made physical as you put it. It's an interesting story, but I feel that it could be even more interesting if it was explained how Crusher was "split" into two and I already have an idea to pitch if I may.

To everyone: Yes I will post tomorrow. I'm currently trying to juggle errands, art, and free time without making everyone wait for too long.

Username: Cheeakdee

Name: Nobody knows his real name because he refuses to tell it, but just told them to call him Red.

Type/Breed:  Crimson flare pygmy

Power: Can turn into a pile of flaming ashes at will to fit through small gaps, be sneak through places via hiding in a pouch, cook delicious baked goods, disguise himself, etc. But he has to be careful, for if he gets scattered when he is ash, it will take a long time for him to reform, and in extreme cases never.

Personality: Is very mysterious and dubious about telling things about him, and may have had a scarring experience in the past.

Appearance: Pretty much your average Crimson flare, but has a strange birthmark that he hides because of his darkest secret which may or may not be related to the scarring experience in the past stated above...

Age/Stage: Hatchling, but refuses to tell anyone exactly how old he is.

History: Hatched prematurely from a careless owner who needed to free up some egg space and ran away, living in the wilderness until he joined the rebellion.

Extra: Not really anything.

A good start but his ability to turn into ash sounds overpowered if he can do it whenever he wants. That would mean that he'd be invincible during battle since he can just turn to ash to avoid being hit, with there only be consequences if his ashes are spread. I suggest that you add limits like what circumstances allow him to use his power and how often. Or maybe think of what other weaknesses he might have.

Edited by Booo

So Crusher doesn't know how EC initially showed up or how he keeps appearing. Ok, got it.

I already figured out that he's his inner demon made physical as you put it. It's an interesting story, but I feel that it could be even more interesting if it was explained how Crusher was "split" into two and I already have an idea to pitch if I may.

As yes I will post tomorrow. I'm currently trying to juggle errands, art, and free time without making everyone wait for too long.

A good start but his ability to turn into ash sounds overpowered if he can do it whenever he wants. That would mean that he'd be invincible during battle since he can just turn to ash to avoid being hit, with there only be consequences if his ashes are spread. I suggest that you add limits like what circumstances allow him to use his power and how often. Or maybe think of what other weaknesses he might have.

@Booo

Sure, lets hear it.

As for Cheeakdee's characters power.... it is kind of extreme in both reguards. But I can also come up with a combat senrio that may render him dead even if he evades the first attack by turning to ash.

I assume, he'd need all the ash bits he forms to maintain his form, otherwise he's reforming with missing peices, and I'm pretty sure each time he's at risk of losing peices that might be part of.... say his brain, heart, key organs ect.

All the enemy needs to do is get a pawful of the ashes and his character would be dead, or badly injured at best.

@Cheeakdee, I highly advise you come up with a different power idea.

@Booo

Sure, lets hear it.

Years ago: It was midnight and Crusher went out into the woods alone while the others in the clan were asleep. He was about to perform an ancient spell that was said to help enhance a magic user's abilities, but it's rarely done successfully and the spell is said to potentially bring dire consequences if it fails. So magicians are against using this spell, saying that it isn't worth the risk. (Maybe Crusher learns this from a book?) Thinking 'What's the worst that could happen?' Crusher decided to do it anyway.

I thought this might fit Crusher's story, seeing as he wasn't a Magi to begin with and would most likely want to possess the powers that Magi's are known for but that he lacks (like teleportation). So I guess you could say that he makes an impulsive decision and he ends up paying big time.

As for the spell, Crusher begins by drawing a large circle in the soil with various runes or sigils around it. He then draws an inner circle with a pentagram or other magical symbol in the middle that acts as a sort of door that lets him summon EC on accident. Crusher would also place various ingredients at each corner. I'm thinking dragon bones and Magi mana could be 2 of them. And I actually had an idea for what type of runes he could use but I forgot. sleep.gif

Edited by Booo

Ok I just posted and you all probably noticed that I'm RPing Mihari now. Gee, I wonder why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP Updates:

• Added Lucius to characters. Welcome, XoeJane!
  • Added the 4 sentence rule
  • Added RP's current time of day since there was some confusion about that.
Edited by Booo

*Sigh* Well, I can't keep up. I don't use this site anymore, and hate having him not doing anything, but it seems like I have to give him up and leave.

I loved this roleplay, but even this I cannot continue. I had hopes of continuing his character, grow wings, etc. I can't keep you guys waiting anymore for me to write.

I am sorry for the inconveniences caused my repeated absences. I wish I could continue, but I have proven I cannot do it properly. Also, I have not been using this site, so I will probably leave it too, not that I have been using it often.

Heyo! Sorry to butt in, I've just got some questions. For a while I've been interested in joining a roleplay here, but man, 700-ish pages is pretty intimidating. How do I figure out what's been going on so that I can join in? Also, do I post the character form on this thread or somewhere else?

Please excuse my short post. I've been really tired and I can't seem to shake it.

Heyo! Sorry to butt in, I've just got some questions. For a while I've been interested in joining a roleplay here, but man, 700-ish pages is pretty intimidating. How do I figure out what's been going on so that I can join in? Also, do I post the character form on this thread or somewhere else?

Yes you post your form here. You only have to read the last few pages to get an idea of whats going on. We don't expect you to them all. laugh.gif I can also give you a recap of recent events if you still don't know how to start.

Thanks Booo! Here's my form; I'll get to reading the thread in a bit. If you could, a summary of events would be great though.

Username: DarkDagger

Name: Flynn

Type/Breed: Paper Dragon

Power: Can change appearance somewhat. Which is to say, Flynn's colors will be altered upon touching something that can stain paper. If spare parchment is located, Flynn can also absorb it in order to change shape.

Personality: Flynn is adventurous, but only to an extent. They love flying and seeing different parts of the world, but this tendency to explore is hampered by the fact that they cannot travel in bad weather. Wind blows them around like a kite and rain makes it entirely impossible to fly; they will become soggy and lethargic until dry. For the most part, Flynn is solitary and will become wary around others. They do not like fire-breathing breeds at all. If another dragon can gain their trust, however, Flynn is a loyal ally.

Appearance: Like most Papers, Flynn is small and very light; a moderately strong breeze could knock them over. Their appearance varies thanks to their power, but normally they are a pale beige color. Despite Flynn's shapeshifting, there are always distinct black splotches covering their wings, which look suspiciously like spilled ink.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling (8 years)

History: Flynn came into existence when a young human sorcerer's experiment went wrong. A piece of parchment was struck with a stray blast of magic, and amidst all the chaos, Flynn scampered away unnoticed. They lived a quiet, uneventful, nomadic life prior to encountering this group of hatchlings.

Extra: n/a

Edited by DarkDagger

Years ago: It was midnight and Crusher went out into the woods alone while the others in the clan were asleep. He was about to perform an ancient spell that was said to help enhance a magic user's abilities, but it's rarely done successfully and the spell is said to potentially bring dire consequences if it fails. So magicians are against using this spell, saying that it isn't worth the risk. (Maybe Crusher learns this from a book?) Thinking 'What's the worst that could happen?' Crusher decided to do it anyway.

I thought this might fit Crusher's story, seeing as he wasn't a Magi to begin with and would most likely want to possess the powers that Magi's are known for but that he lacks (like teleportation). So I guess you could say that he makes an impulsive decision and he ends up paying big time.

As for the spell, Crusher begins by drawing a large circle in the soil with various runes or sigils around it. He then draws an inner circle with a pentagram or other magical symbol in the middle that acts as a sort of door that lets him summon EC on accident. Crusher would also place various ingredients at each corner. I'm thinking dragon bones and Magi mana could be 2 of them. And I actually had an idea for what type of runes he could use but I forgot. sleep.gif

Ack sorry for the late reply.

As for the idea.... not a fan of the whole rune's and circle pentagram thing.

But if what your saying is going to be used, your basically saying that he accidentally kind of.... unlocked the door from the other side in performing the ritual? Making it possible for his older self to banish his counter part?

I think so? Not quite sure what you mean by "older self" seeing as Crusher used to be evil.

Username: DarkDagger

Name: Flynn

Type/Breed:  Paper Dragon

Power: Can change appearance somewhat. Which is to say, Flynn's colors will be altered upon touching something that can stain paper. If spare parchment is located, Flynn can also absorb it in order to change shape.

Personality: Flynn is adventurous, but only to an extent. They love flying and seeing different parts of the world, but this tendency to explore is hampered by the fact that they cannot travel in bad weather. Wind blows them around like a kite and rain makes it entirely impossible to fly; they will become soggy and lethargic until dry. For the most part, Flynn is solitary and will become wary around others. They do not like fire-breathing breeds at all. If another dragon can gain their trust, however, Flynn is a loyal ally.

Appearance: Like most Papers, Flynn is small and very light; a moderately strong breeze could knock them over. Their appearance varies thanks to their power, but normally they are a pale beige color. Despite Flynn's shapeshifting, there are always distinct black splotches covering their wings, which look suspiciously like spilled ink.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling (44 years)

History: Flynn came into existence when a young human sorcerer's experiment went wrong. A piece of parchment was struck with a stray blast of magic, and amidst all the chaos, Flynn scampered away unnoticed. They lived a quiet, uneventful, nomadic life prior to encountering this group of hatchlings.

Extra: n/a

I don't think this is going to work seeing as Papers are on the list of dragons that aren't allowed, but if you really want to RP a Paper dragon then maybe we can work something out.

And this isn't that important, but we don't use the age conversion made by Sharlykng. Mature hatchlings are 4 to 10 years old.

Edited by Booo

Hmm, I guess we're not on the same page here. Can you please point me towards the list of banned breeds? The one I'm looking at is in the first post of the actual hatchlings roleplay thread, and it prohibits these breeds: holiday, tinsel, drake, discontinued, joke, guardian of nature, avatar, neglected, and zombie. If this isn't the correct list then I wouldn't know where to find the correct one...

Although I'm not 100% unwilling to budge on playing a Paper, to be honest it almost sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth to completely revise my character concept. Sorry. I'm not trying to be trouble here, I'd just rather drop out than waste everyone's time with all this.

Once you link me the actual list, I'll let you know whether I'm resubmitting my form or not. I have fixed Flynn's age for whatever that's worth.

Edited by DarkDagger

Cheese, Papers, and dinos fall under joke, my apologies for the confusion. Perhaps "joke" isn't the correct word.

I don't think you need to completely revise it. For example, he could still be raised by a wizard who granted him with the ability to shapeshift, and his personality could mostly remain the same minus how easily weakened he is by stormy weather. But like I said, me and Little Lost Dragon might be willing to compromise if your dead set on RPing a Paper. Plus, I only consider it a waste of time when people show interest and then only post a few times before disappearing, but we're just getting started. smile.gif

Aah I never would've guessed; I figured you meant something else entirely with "joke". Anyway, if I'm going to do a different breed, I do want to rework everything because it doesn't fit very well if I slap a story made for a Paper onto, say, a Spitfire. I'll think about it and post a revised form later if I come up with something decent. I don't want to make y'all bend your rules unless you really don't mind.

Edited by DarkDagger

Well it looks like this is dieing (again...) and it dosn't help that I've got a new job to top my insomnia. I'll try to post something tomorrow but it's really discouraging when this happens.

Been dealing with this stuff for a few years like this. A few I catch them just as they're about to close the group. dry.gif It can be pretty annoying at times. I want to continue this group and do it even if it's only just us I don't mind. tongue.gif

XoeJane told me that she was in Alaska but returned a few days ago so I don't know why she isn't posting.

I also don't mind it being just the two of us, but I think it would be even better if Little Lost Dragon was in as well... I don't know when he'll return though if ever which is too bad because he's one of the few people on DC who won't disappear without saying something.

Edited by Booo

This RP has gone through..... 2-4 of these 'slow downs' since I first joined, kind of goes through batches of RP'ers it seems, though each batch 1-2 seem to stay and the rest leave with no word on why or anything most of the time.

I am hoping to be back to action in the fall. Heads seemingly slowly healing so hoping it'll finally be finished by then. Still around though just haven't had much to say for the most part.

Sorry about not posting, I can't figure out what to do with Cetn... at this point he's just making small talk, and once the group leaves he'll just follow them. I guess I could write a small post, but I don't want to leave you guys with no information which is why I hesitated for this long...

What does Cetn think of the mana crystal? Does he know what it is or what to do with it?