sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

May I join? I hope this is ok..

Username: SaphireKat

Name: Vulkoorvulon

Type/Breed: Brute

Power: Through some accident, Vulkoorvulon found out he could freeze time, but only for a few seconds. The power is only triggered when he is in danger or is feeling fearful. Other dragons are always confused about how he can dodge their attacks so well..... However, if the power is triggered or used two much, Vulkoorvulon can become disorientatedand groggy. He also "forgets" how to think and becomes irrational. If it becomes too much for him, he can pass out, sometimes for days on end.

Personality: Vulkoorvulon is quite energetic and is into making "suprise attacks" on other dragons. He's also kind of smug and flaunts around his muscular frame, always reminding other dragons how he's bigger than them. Even though he's rough around the edges, he's still very caring and he's protective over younger dragons. And he will always put up a fight, no matter how big his opponent

Appearance: From his energetic demeanor, his horns are chipped from running into to many things, and there are teeth marks in his horns where his mother dragon would grab him when he misbehaved or when he was beating up on smaller hatchlings

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling

History: Vulkoorvulon was hatched into a flock of mixed dragons. Many of the dragons didn't want to raise Vulkoorvulon for fear that his size and nature would lead him to hurt the other hatchlings. This left the female dragons without hatchlings to care for him, which left him with Bleeding moon or another Brute as his mother. The Brute, whose name was Fearslash, quickly adopted the new hatchling with pride, for it was the perfect thing to fill the gap from her lost son. Fearslash felt something special about the hatchling, and decided to give him a name in ancient dragon language.

An attack on the flock by an enemy group of dragons caused all the dragons to split, causing the fall of the flock. These enemy dragons were other Brutes, which captured Vulkoorvulon and Fearslash. Vulkoorvulon managed to writhe out of the grasp of the dragon that was carrying him, but Fearslash wasn't so lucky, and she got dragged away in the night by the other Brutes.

From there, Vulkoorvulon became lost in the forest.

Extra: Vulkoorvulon means Dark summer night in Dovahzul. May be called Vulkoor or just Vulon for short. Also, Vulkoorvulon's story is based off of my scroll and the dragons I have there smile.gif

Not to barge in the conversation, but I edited my hatchling form so Vulkoorvulon isn't over-powered.

Sorry 'bout that! biggrin.gif I hope this is ok now?

Edited by SaphireKat

Sorry I almost forgot about you SaphireKat! I have a small suggestion for his power.

What if it involves summoning a 'field' around him, kind of like the Chrono Xenowyrm? Then whose ever close enough to him will be frozen in time without them noticing. After a few seconds it will dissipate, but can be summoned again with the possible consequences that you mentioned.

Ok, I'm going to wait to see if LLD has anything else to say before approving, but I won't make you wait too long.

@skwerl56767 If you're stuck then I think everyone would prefer you say something here. Otherwise, it's easy to assume you've left and I can possibly help.

Edited by Booo

I'm still here, I just have nothing to say. Cetn is just going to stay asleep until something wakes him, so I was anticipating someone else doing a post first and then I would post. I'm assuming we're not the only people in the traveling group, anyway.

Unfortunately, it's just you, me, and Captain_Gunzou until SaphireKat gets approved, and Gunzou said he was stuck. :/ I guess I'll have to think of something...

Hm, that's... less than I thought. xd.png Well, anything that can startle a deep-sleeper should work, like a loud noise or something. I'll keep an eye on the IC thread if you make any edits.

Ok, I added something that should get the ball rolling. Edit: I think Captain_Gunzou just beat me to it so I'll make a new post instead. Edited by Booo

Not to barge in the conversation, but I edited my hatchling form so Vulkoorvulon isn't over-powered.

Sorry 'bout that! biggrin.gif I hope this is ok now?

Sorry about the delay, got hot over here which makes the injury flare x.x

As for the power.... out of wonder, how often is too often? twice? 10 times? ect.

Wait so Cetn has orange scales? Or is that just what happens when he's in the sun for too long?

It's a modified effect of his breed; it says in the description that they turn red when in the sun, and since his power is lightning I decided to put a spin on it and have it be coppery and/or peeling when it's in the sun. No particular reason why, I just thought it would be cool. xd.png I haven't decided yet though if they just change appearance or if they actually change to copper... maybe something to add when he's an adult.

Sorry about the delay, got hot over here which makes the injury flare x.x

As for the power.... out of wonder, how often is too often? twice? 10 times? ect.

I don't know't . I think to be safe 5 times might be pushing it as far as his sanity is concerned, and 10 times would definitely put him out for a week or more.

Alrighty, though RP wise, how are you going to work it out? Some posts have more then one action in play otherwise it'd only be a line after all.

Alrighty, though RP wise, how are you going to work it out? Some posts have more then one action in play otherwise it'd only be a line after all.

Could you give me an example or a scenario?

I hadn't really thought of that and I don't really know how I'd explain.

Evil crusher attacked Vulkoorvulon from above and below, some small bolder sized rocks started to fly at high speeds at him aiming the bash the hatchling about before the dark dragon him self pounced on him talons out and teeth ready.

We got several attacks in play. How would you then post your character making use of his ability?

Evil crusher attacked Vulkoorvulon from above and below, some small bolder sized rocks started to fly at high speeds at him aiming the bash the hatchling about before the dark dragon him self pounced on him talons out and teeth ready.

We got several attacks in play. How would you then post your character making use of his ability?

"Vulkoor's heart began to race, his pupils constricting as panic set in. He squeezed his eyes shut and cringed, hoping his power would kick in. Suddenly he felt a change in the atmosphere and slowly opened his eyes. The time barrier had been formed, but it waved and faltered, reminding Vulkoor that he only had a few seconds to get out of harm's way, having no time to look around to see where his escape route was. He took the logical choice and turned tail to ran, and jumped to safety as some of the rocks slammed into the ground just inches behind him."

I took Booo's Suggestion on it being a barrier or something to that effect?

Ok, I think you've got me going now biggrin.gif Here's for when he's reached the limit of his power.

"Vulkoor's mind raced in all directions as his heart raced. His head throbbed with pain, and all he could realize is that he was in danger of causing his own demise. His attacker advanced and Vulkoor tried to run but he couldn't. His ability to freeze the time around him was draining him of all his strength. He stared at the oncoming attack, a wild look in his eyes, and survival instincts taking place of where his rationality should be. He growled as his barrier slowly formed. He then just turned to hobble out of the way, not caring where he ended up. As the barrier wore off, Vulkoor saw the ground rush up to meet him, then his mind went blank."

I want to show how his power is more a fear/survival response and he's not really in control of it whatsoever, thus causing the change in his personality if he uses the power too much because it uses up his energy.

I hope this is okay. smile.gif

Looks like Evesthery can't be bothered to read the rules and I'm tired of reminding people to post in this thread first. So I think I'm just going to not say anything to her, it isn't worth my time.

@Captain_Gunzou The glow came from a jewel that Irah found and hid in Crusher's satchel and I already planned the story behind it with the other players. (It's actually a scale from an Avatar of Change.) It was before you joined so I guess I should've told you about it, but I didn't think you'd make up a whole story about what it was when I vaguely mentioned it.

So, I'd appreciate if you didn't change the story since the "stone" is supposed to be an important tool in the group's search for help against their rival. In the future, it would be extremely helpful if you let us know about your ideas first so that you don't unknowingly try to change the lore that's already been put in place.

Sorry 'bout that.

@SaphireKat Looks good to me. happy.gif

Edited by Booo

Ok so there's that one, but Irah did hide Multiple shards right? So what about one in there reacting to Liger? also edited to make it a shard reacted and if Artermis did or not notice is up to you. I'll let you have the dominate thing glowing but whenever shards or anything containing ruby is near Liger they react cause of his unique heritage/genes/trait. If this edited version I did isn't ok the please tell me and we can figure out how to make this work.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Mihari was the one that wanted to bring the ice mana whereas Irah just hid the scale.

Ok so I see that I need to figure out somehow to make this explanation of his past work. Any suggestions how I can edit my post to make it acceptable?

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Let me know if something needs to be fixed. smile.gif

Username: Narvix

Name: Venia

Type/Breed:  Pygmy

Power: Force fields - Venia can create a transparent shield (or personal bubble, depending on what you want to call it) that completely surrounds them. If their concentration is good, the field can last for 5-6 minutes before recharging, blocking any manner of attack from causing harm - short of magic that can disrupt it or bypass it. If Venia tries hard enough, they can extend their field to include any individual they're touching. However, this only works for about a second or two before failing utterly.

Personality: Venia is a worry-wart, constantly fussing about this or that. Especially the small things that could potentially lead to bigger things (which, let's face it, is practically everything). Their imagination is often getting the better of them, running wild and creating outrageous scenarios. They specifically worry over Roluth more than they worry about themself. If it weren't for so much worrying, Venia could be considered motherly. Instead, it's probably more akin to being overprotective or paranoid. When they aren't busy fussing about something, Venia does find moments to relax and simply enjoy the day, taking pleasure in the little things. Though, those are few and far between. They have a good fight or flight reflex, allowing them to act nearly instantly (even if it's mostly fleeing) and get out of trouble quickly.

Appearance: Venia is colored a shade darker than average Pygmies.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling

History: It's kind of their fault for getting separated from their parents. Venia was one of a clutch of three and almost always latched onto one of their parents. Their siblings were often more adventurous, eventually provoking Venia to follow them around ceaselessly to make sure no one got hurt. Sometimes, the other two managed to ditch them and Venia would skulk back to the nest with the feeling that they failed. However, Venia got so lost one day, they couldn't find their way back home. Eventually, they stumbled across Roluth's egg, seemingly rolled into a bush as if knocked aside. Venia took it upon themself to take care of the egg in order to keep their mind off of being lost and alone. Soon enough, Roluth hatched and it's been a hectic 'adventure' since.

Extra: N/A

Username: Narvix

Name: Roluth

Type/Breed:  Colossus

Power: Invisibility - Roluth has yet to master any semblance of control over his ability, causing him to vanish entirely from sight and sound at random moments. It only lasts for ten seconds, fortunately, but seems to occur about three or four times a day at most.

Personality: Roluth is very curious, about everything. He'll often wander off when he's not supposed to because something strange caught his attention. He doesn't speak too well but that doesn't stop him from asking so many questions. Though, if something frightens him (which also happens a lot), he'll run to the closest source of protection he knows. Roluth cries when he's terrified, stressed, or just generally not happy. Otherwise, he's typically laughing about some little thing he found funny or trying to get someone to play with him.

Appearance: He looks like a normal Colossus, though a little on the larger side.

Age/Stage: Newborn

History: He doesn't really remember anything beyond Venia finding him and imprinting on them. Venia tells him that his egg was alone in a bush, rather than a nest, and the Pygmy thinks his egg had gotten lost.

Extra: N/A

Edited by Narvix

I don't see anything wrong with your forms right off the bat, but I'm curious about Raluth's invisibility. Does he become invisible by blending into the environment like a chameleon or is it more like being a ghost where anything can pass through him?

Ok so I see that I need to figure out somehow to make this explanation of his past work. Any suggestions how I can edit my post to make it acceptable?

I don't see how it's unacceptable aside from a few minor typos, but I can give a few tips on how to improve it somewhat.

I assume because you wrote about his mother's stone that it's foreshadowing something that will happen to Liger, so maybe you could go into more detail about it. For example, you could describe what it looks like and how his parents know of its power. Have they seen similar stones only glow around dragons that have killed their brethren? Or can they only guess what it means?

Edit: I just remembered that Liger was in his egg so he probably doesn't know what it looks like, but he could've noticed something nearby was glowing.

Another idea I had is that each time Liger dreams he remembers something else about what happened. That way you don't have to type up the whole story in one post and you have days at a time to think up other important details you might want to include.

Edited by Booo

It's a chameleon effect, so he's still very solid and can be bumped into but he can't be seen or heard.

I don't see anything wrong with your forms right off the bat, but I'm curious about Raluth's invisibility. Does he become invisible by blending into the environment like a chameleon or is it more like being a ghost where anything can pass through him?

I don't see how it's unacceptable aside from a few minor typos, but I can give a few tips on how to improve it somewhat.

I assume because you wrote about his mother's stone that it's foreshadowing something that will happen to Liger, so maybe you could go into more detail about it. For example, you could describe what it looks like and how his parents know of its power. Have they seen similar stones only glow around dragons that have killed their brethren? Or can they only guess what it means?

Edit: I just remembered that Liger was in his egg so he probably doesn't know what it looks like, but he could've noticed something nearby was glowing.

Another idea I had is that each time Liger dreams he remembers something else about what happened. That way you don't have to type up the whole story in one post and you have days at a time to think up other important details you might want to include.

Edited my post and explained how they know what each siblings future will be, and Liger's. So I made it only those related to his mother or Liger in some way would have a certain stone react to them. Kept in the family line like a family feature/ability/trait.

One last thing: Writing in yellow is usually frowned upon since it's so difficult to read, so you might want to choose another color for Liger's dad in the future.