sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

I'm feeling a little stuck right now so it'll probably take me another day or 2 to write something.

It's a chameleon effect, so he's still very solid and can be bumped into but he can't be seen or heard.

Ah, ok. One last question... You mention that Raluth is slightly larger than the average Colossus, but he's also a newborn and I assume that Colossus dragons are already really big judging by DC's description. So is his size closer to average hatchling size (which I'd imagine is about as big as a large dog) or is he absolutely huge for a newborn?

Edited by Booo

Roluth is still hatchling size. He's a bit bigger than average at each stage of growth, not gigantic from the moment he hatched.

Edited by Narvix

@SaphireKat Looks good to me. happy.gif[/color]

So does that mean I'm good to go roleplay or do I still need LittleLostDragon's approval?

"Vulkoor's heart began to race, his pupils constricting as panic set in. He squeezed his eyes shut and cringed, hoping his power would kick in. Suddenly he felt a change in the atmosphere and slowly opened his eyes. The time barrier had been formed, but it waved and faltered, reminding Vulkoor that he only had a few seconds to get out of harm's way, having no time to look around to see where his escape route was. He took the logical choice and turned tail to ran, and jumped to safety as some of the rocks slammed into the ground just inches behind him."

I took Booo's Suggestion on it being a barrier or something to that effect?

Ok, I think you've got me going now biggrin.gif Here's for when he's reached the limit of his power.

"Vulkoor's mind raced in all directions as his heart raced. His head throbbed with pain, and all he could realize is that he was in danger of causing his own demise. His attacker advanced and Vulkoor tried to run but he couldn't. His ability to freeze the time around him was draining him of all his strength. He stared at the oncoming attack, a wild look in his eyes, and survival instincts taking place of where his rationality should be. He growled as his barrier slowly formed. He then just turned to hobble out of the way, not caring where he ended up. As the barrier wore off, Vulkoor saw the ground rush up to meet him, then his mind went blank."

I want to show how his power is more a fear/survival response and he's not really in control of it whatsoever, thus causing the change in his personality if he uses the power too much because it uses up his energy.

I hope this is okay. smile.gif

Alrighty, I'd say your in the green, I don't have any further questions.

Boo you know that virus that was going around where it made everyone who caught if feel like their body was throbbing and felt like they had third-degree burns? Well I made Liger experience that, and reacting it out from rl experience. I plan to also have a boulder with some ruby in it react to Liger and shine like something evil lighting red lighting coming from the whole boulder. sound ok?

Ok Narvix, you're...

user posted image

:3

YAY!

So.... Now where is everyone at in the roleplay?

They're on their way to the eastern desert, but right now they're in the forest near a river.

Boo you know that virus that was going around where it made everyone who caught if feel like their body was throbbing and felt like they had third-degree burns? Well I made Liger experience that, and reacting it out from rl experience. I plan to also have a boulder with some ruby in it react to Liger and shine like something evil lighting red lighting coming from the whole boulder. sound ok?

I'm confused. You want Liger to find a boulder that contains ruby and have it react to him... and then lightning comes out of it?

No Boo, right now Liger is in too much pain to do anything except go to the restroom,rest,bath and eat. The food to be brought to him so he can eat. The boulder is a bit off ways away but there's rubies inside it and its shining reacting to Liger being near it. It's glowing red. Its near a merged tree trunks. The ruby is pigeon blood red.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Now I'm confused. All he did was hit his head and get a nick on his leg, right? Unless that was that edited? How is that disabling him to the point that he can't move or anything like that? Kids are pretty resilient... Also, why is the boulder reacting to Liger important? I thought you were using the ruby-reaction thing as a way to explain his past/have him relive a memory/something along those lines, but I thought you already wrote that part?

A new post for Liger hasn't been made, so I'm very bewildered as to what is going on.

Now I'm confused. All he did was hit his head and get a nick on his leg, right? Unless that was that edited? How is that disabling him to the point that he can't move or anything like that? Kids are pretty resilient... Also, why is the boulder reacting to Liger important? I thought you were using the ruby-reaction thing as a way to explain his past/have him relive a memory/something along those lines, but I thought you already wrote that part?

A new post for Liger hasn't been made, so I'm very bewildered as to what is going on.

No, Ranu pounced on him, and when Liger was pounced on, he hit the back of his head on a big rock, it would be equivalent of a kid slipping on the stairs and bowling down and hitting their head on the bottom wall head first. Also before this post I made a post saying how he was reacting when he got up he was not entirely awake and aside from having the bad dream his eyes were bloodshot. He was sneezing and sniffling. Not to mention he wasn't in a good mood there were signs that something was coming. Also whenever those who are part of Liger's family on his mother's side or his siblings, the stones will react as long as their nearby, doesn't happen once but always if they're nearby. Understand Skewerl? I only edited the last post cause it made a misunderstanding with Boo's post, and he also wanted more info on how and why they reacted and wanted more detail.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I saw that he hit his head, but I've actually done that as a small child, and after I woke up from blacking out I was fine. I don't even remember the hospital trip, to be honest, it had to be told to me. xd.png That's why I figured Liger would still be fine even after the tussle with Ranu. As for him being sick I don't remember the posts reading that way; from what I remember Liger simply woke up normally, sneezed only once (not due to sickness, it was just a random sneeze), and bathed in the river before returning. I guess if you want him to be sick that's fine by me, it just seemed really sudden and random.

I also remember the part about rubies glowing around Liger, but to be honest I'm not sure why? At first I thought it was because you were going to use it as a way for him to recall a piece of his past, but it looks like you already did that part so I'm not sure why Liger still needs rubies to glow around him? I guess it makes sense if it was some sort of magical reaction, but since it's based upon his lineage then it really confuses me, because I thought all of the hatchlings were of special birth, hence their abilities, so technically they should all have gemstones reacting to them as well? But it sounds like it's only Liger?

To be honest I don't really get the glowing-rubies part in general...

All of his siblings have stones that react to them but only those who are of his mother's lineage like him. Not his father or others who aren't related to his mother's blood. The stones Always react to a specific dragon if their of the same family bloodline, though each has a specific stone that will always react to a dragon that the event it corresponds to. Now the scale that is reacting to something is Boo's thing. Now here's the thing the stones always react to the dragon that had the particular event of the past/present/future. Now there's a ruby nearby glowing to Liger their always active. Only Liger is active cause no one else is related to him atm unless their somehow related to him and they might no necessary be the same stone. And also you don't need to be showing symptoms for it to suddenly have a person become sick out of nowhere. One minute they could be fine then the next their sick and have come down with something. Its hard sometimes to notice or catch signs of stuff happening to the bodies.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I would say the sickness was too sudden, like it wasn't planned beforehand, but as I said, if you want to make your character sick I can't stop you.

I still don't get why Liger needs to have rubies glow when he's around them or how it's related to his lineage when rubies are just rare mineral growths, but I'm assuming that you're going somewhere with this so... go for it! I'm expecting something really awesome down the line. xd.png

The scale isn't actually "reacting" to anything. It naturally glows due to its magical properties and it isn't very bright either.

They're on their way to the eastern desert, but right now they're in the forest near a river.

Recap?

I don't want to just jump in and get confused unsure.gif

I sort of remember what happened, so I'll give recapping a shot? xd.png When I joined all of the characters were in a cave in a mountain, with a forest at its feet. They were all about to leave though, which is why they're in a forest now and heading toward a desert. Um, I'm trying to remember what happened before I joined...

In the cave I remember Crusher (Magi) talking to another dragon (?), with a Nhiostrife called Zeditha nearby; I think she was sleeping? Then Evil Crusher (the antagonist) showed up and trapped Zeditha under a boulder before leaving. Meanwhile Irah (Red Copper) and Sky (Skywing?) had found the glowing scale that Gunzou was talking about, which was buried in Zeditha's things, but Irah and Sky left the scale to go see what was going on because Crusher had called for Artemis. Crusher decided that the cave (Shatterpoint) wasn't safe for them anymore and everyone agreed to leave and go to the desert. Then Mihari (Guardian?) wakes up from... someplace, and shows up and asks what's going on while Artemis starts making medicine, and then Echo (another Guardian) enters the cave. So there's a part where they're getting to know him before Zeditha wakes up and the group starts interrogating her (I remember her being hostile at one point?). After that bit the group prepares to leave, but Crusher hears a tree fall over in the forest outside and tells Artemis to check it out. This is where she finds Liger (Royal Crimson) partially hatched and Ranu (Soulpeace) who just hatched, and decides to bring them back to the Clan. Meanwhile Cetn (Bleeding Moon who hasn't met anyone yet) was pacing in the forest because he couldn't get any sleep, and decides to scale the mountain Shatterpoint. He comes across the cave and wants to sleep in it, but made an idiot of himself by trying to take a nap while all of the other dragons are still around. He was eventually convinced to join the hatchlings in journeying to the desert after meeting them all (including Quinn, who I think is a Solstice?). Back outside, Artemis comes across Lucius (Spirit Ward) who is headed toward the cave and chats with him before returning to the cave.

Whew! Okay, so that's what I remember happening before the time-skip. After all of that there a time-skip of a day where the group was flying for a while, and now they're in the forest. Since a bunch of people went inactive and/or left there's only Crusher, Artemis, Irah, Quinn, Liger, Cetn, and Ranu in the group (unless I'm forgetting someone...) Echo went inactive, so did Lucius, Sky left the group and is inactive, Zeditha was left behind at the cave and is inactive, and Mihari is inactive (but I don't know where he went). So right now Irah is sad because Sky left, and Crusher just now found out about this. The group realizes that Mihari is missing but they don't know where he is. Liger had woken up, bathed in a nearby stream, and returned to the camp only to be tackled by Ranu who thought it was playtime, but Liger wasn't feeling well and only ended up hurt, so Artemis has been tending to him. Not long after Cetn woke up he traveled to the same stream and caught a fish, ate it, decided he didn't like fish, and then felt guilty about eating it, so now he's reporting the presence of potential breakfast in the stream to Crusher. And Quinn has just been watching everyone creepily. xd.png

I think that's it! I hope that didn't all come out garbled and confusing, hah hah. When I joined I just read the last three pages of the IC thread, so you'll be fine if you do that. It will also help if you start out a little ways away from everyone and then meet up with them, that way you can ease into interactions instead of jumping in headfirst.

I'm very sorry for the abrupt absence. I had a touch of melanoma (Stage 1) that had to be treated. I'll be back soon.

Phew, good thing you caught it so early. I've been RPing Ranu while you were away so you can have her back whenever you're ready. smile.gif

I think it was the stomach flu that was going around in 2014 that was it. I woke up sick three times in the early morning and threw up. By 7 my dad had picked my grandpa up from the airport, and I had to wait for him/ I threw up one more time before it was finally out of my system, but slept on the way home, and my body was in massive pain but I couldn't do anything. I was so weak I needed to have help moving anywhere like a body support. Getting in the house both my dad and grandpa had to help. My body felt like I was on fire all over and there was nothing I could do but endure it. It felt like I was having third-degree burns affecting me. Laying in bed was worse than moving. Then trying to fall asleep was hard 3-5 hours to just fall asleep and I heard that I shivered multiple times while sleeping and sweat a whole lot from hot to cold and back. When I was done thy stripped the bedding and washed it, while putting new ones on. It looked like I left my shadow on it.

Think branding iron pain and its constantly that level. Yeah that was my body fighting the problem.

Making Liger sick base upon my own experience from rl.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Phew, good thing you caught it so early. I've been RPing Ranu while you were away so you can have her back whenever you're ready. smile.gif

Could you catch me up on what she's been doing?

Could you catch me up on what she's been doing?

Basically, Ranu feels completely comfortable around Liger and views themselves together like it was the most natural thing in the world, and has had been known to intertwine their tails a few times. Ranu has started growing attached to Liger, Not sure atm if she sees him as a big brother, or as a very close friend. Since riding on Artemis back she and Liger meet Crusher, she hid in Artemis mane cause Crusher scared her, poking out to look at him with one eye. Liger put a reassuring foreleg around her while telling Crusher what he saw before Artemis found them, which convinced Artermis, and Crusher, even more, it was time to move on. Time skip presenting location. Ranu woke up before anyone else and noticed Crusher's daughter crying and unhappy. Liger woke up but was developing and showing symptoms of the stomach flu. Liger went to the river which didn't do much for him, but he did get clean. Returning Ranu called Liger's name chirping liking his name excitedly got up and went to meet him. Liger not having a good sleep responded the best he could and it started showing even more. Not knowing how to make Liger happier she decided to play rough with him, she ended with Liger hitting the back of his head on a huge hidden rock and both flying into the air. Getting thrown off she got up pronto ready for more but Liger was out cold. She ran and nudged him a few times before sitting and looking worried at Artermis. Who taking a satchel attended to Liger's welt and scolded Ranu a bit before giving Liger full attention again. Waking up Liger hurt all over and then the flu was powerful enough it caused him to be sick. falling asleep after a bit Liger began shivering. Not understanding what's going on and thinking Liger was cold, Ranu went up to keep Liger warm and began sharing body heat with him. Ranu had pushed her flank to his.

Tell me if I got anything wrong or missed anything Boo.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I sort of remember what happened, so I'll give recapping a shot? xd.png When I joined all of the characters were in a cave in a mountain, with a forest at its feet. They were all about to leave though, which is why they're in a forest now and heading toward a desert. Um, I'm trying to remember what happened before I joined...

In the cave I remember Crusher (Magi) talking to another dragon (?), with a Nhiostrife called Zeditha nearby; I think she was sleeping? Then Evil Crusher (the antagonist) showed up and trapped Zeditha under a boulder before leaving. Meanwhile Irah (Red Copper) and Sky (Skywing?) had found the glowing scale that Gunzou was talking about, which was buried in Zeditha's things, but Irah and Sky left the scale to go see what was going on because Crusher had called for Artemis. Crusher decided that the cave (Shatterpoint) wasn't safe for them anymore and everyone agreed to leave and go to the desert. Then Mihari (Guardian?) wakes up from... someplace, and shows up and asks what's going on while Artemis starts making medicine, and then Echo (another Guardian) enters the cave. So there's a part where they're getting to know him before Zeditha wakes up and the group starts interrogating her (I remember her being hostile at one point?). After that bit the group prepares to leave, but Crusher hears a tree fall over in the forest outside and tells Artemis to check it out. This is where she finds Liger (Royal Crimson) partially hatched and Ranu (Soulpeace) who just hatched, and decides to bring them back to the Clan. Meanwhile Cetn (Bleeding Moon who hasn't met anyone yet) was pacing in the forest because he couldn't get any sleep, and decides to scale the mountain Shatterpoint. He comes across the cave and wants to sleep in it, but made an idiot of himself by trying to take a nap while all of the other dragons are still around. He was eventually convinced to join the hatchlings in journeying to the desert after meeting them all (including Quinn, who I think is a Solstice?). Back outside, Artemis comes across Lucius (Spirit Ward) who is headed toward the cave and chats with him before returning to the cave.

Whew! Okay, so that's what I remember happening before the time-skip. After all of that there a time-skip of a day where the group was flying for a while, and now they're in the forest. Since a bunch of people went inactive and/or left there's only Crusher, Artemis, Irah, Quinn, Liger, Cetn, and Ranu in the group (unless I'm forgetting someone...) Echo went inactive, so did Lucius, Sky left the group and is inactive, Zeditha was left behind at the cave and is inactive, and Mihari is inactive (but I don't know where he went). So right now Irah is sad because Sky left, and Crusher just now found out about this. The group realizes that Mihari is missing but they don't know where he is. Liger had woken up, bathed in a nearby stream, and returned to the camp only to be tackled by Ranu who thought it was playtime, but Liger wasn't feeling well and only ended up hurt, so Artemis has been tending to him. Not long after Cetn woke up he traveled to the same stream and caught a fish, ate it, decided he didn't like fish, and then felt guilty about eating it, so now he's reporting the presence of potential breakfast in the stream to Crusher. And Quinn has just been watching everyone creepily. xd.png

I think that's it! I hope that didn't all come out garbled and confusing, hah hah. When I joined I just read the last three pages of the IC thread, so you'll be fine if you do that. It will also help if you start out a little ways away from everyone and then meet up with them, that way you can ease into interactions instead of jumping in headfirst.

Well that helps. smile.gif So would it be ok for Vulkoor to begin in the forest?