sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Could you catch me up on what she's been doing?

I got an idea. Since she's so attached to Liger, and he's pretty close to her, how about they develop a pyhisic telepathic/mental link. Both are sending and receiving messages mental and telepathic messages subconsciously. The other knows and responds mentally or physically, without having to be near each other. They could be across the entire globe from each other and they would still know where the other was in the direction not specific, though. Does this intrigue you?

Not to burst a bubble, but that sounds like a power that a hatchling would start out with, so having a telepathic link between two hatchlings would count as both of them having two powers, and we're only supposed to have one... Booo might be able to find a way to make it work, but I don't think it will since Liger already has his pyrokinesis, and Ranu her acute hearing (that's what her power was, right?). Maybe the two could find magical items later on that serve a similar purpose though? Similar to the story of the boy who went off to war, leaving his worried lover with a flower, and the flower was connected to him via health, so if he died the flower would wilt, but if he was alive the flower would remain alive even without watering. Sometime down the timeline the Hatchlings could find two magical items that work in a similar fashion, where they can be "programmed" to connect to individual dragons, and then the items react according to the health of their respective dragons.

Just a thought, in case the idea is plausible. tongue.gif I'm worried an actual telepathic link would make Liger and Ranu too powerful though.

Not to burst a bubble, but that sounds like a power that a hatchling would start out with, so having a telepathic link between two hatchlings would count as both of them having two powers, and we're only supposed to have one... Booo might be able to find a way to make it work, but I don't think it will since Liger already has his pyrokinesis, and Ranu her acute hearing (that's what her power was, right?). Maybe the two could find magical items later on that serve a similar purpose though? Similar to the story of the boy who went off to war, leaving his worried lover with a flower, and the flower was connected to him via health, so if he died the flower would wilt, but if he was alive the flower would remain alive even without watering. Sometime down the timeline the Hatchlings could find two magical items that work in a similar fashion, where they can be "programmed" to connect to individual dragons, and then the items react according to the health of their respective dragons.

Just a thought, in case the idea is plausible. tongue.gif I'm worried an actual telepathic link would make Liger and Ranu too powerful though.

It's real in this world and it happens whether we want it to or not. Most often it's a mother and her baby for a while, or the father who ever is the closest to the little one and takes care of them; Kind of like a protective sixth sense. They can sense when the baby wakes up and what the baby needs without them saying it. Or there's something that says danger and alerts them to dangers for the child before it even happens. Like securency, not breathing until they are reassured that the other one is nearby. Or learning what the other is feeling, trying to say. A psychic bond or to some an empathic bond its called. I know I have it, but mine is focused to my blood relatives and my sisters.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I'm not disputing the existence of telepathic links; I believe in spirits, in supernatural entities, even aliens, heck, I believe in a lot of stuff! But I'm not worried about it's plausibility in the real world more than I'm worried about the odds of it being acceptable for two hatchlings that already have powers to also have some sort of psychic bond or link. They already have special powers, why give them a link if you want it to happen? It's cool and all, but if you imagine these dragons in their adult forms, they're already pretty powerful. Liger could theoretically cause wildfires on a whim, and Ranu could theoretically be able to hear anyone and anything she wants to. Giving the two a link just seems like an extra advantage that isn't necessary, especially since the other hatchlings don't have such an advantage. I'm personally more okay with it if it's something that is given over time, in a form that can also be taken away (a privilege, like the items I was talking about). If you're born with something it can't be taken away except by some supernatural means or through death, both things that are rather powerful in themselves. This means giving the telepathic link would make Ranu and Liger more powerful than everyone else to an extent, and in order for there to be a fair fight the antagonists would then have to have a similar advantage, and so would the other hatchlings. The whole thing just becomes a bit of a mess, really.

I was once in an RP that went out of hand because a similar thing started happening, where all of the characters had to keep growing in power in order to keep things balanced, and it eventually died because things went from powerful to ridiculous. I just feel like this telepathic link would cause more harm than good. Again, Booo can override me with her own take on the idea, since I'm just another player, but I am very worried.

EDIT: I just realized we're talking about Ranu, and Jacques hasn't said anything. xd.png It's your character, do you think this is a good idea? Am I just being paranoid?

Edited by skwerl56767

I was thinking it might develop over time when they got older as in being close enough to become mates age. However its up to her to decide if she'd like the idea for Ranu. If accepted it would be dormant for now and take time to even come into existence.

There were two characters before who had a unique telepathic link and the reason behind it was that they were siblings. I'm usually not a fan of that sort of thing, but I went along with it since it had an explanation, even if it was kind of a stretch, and there were rules about when and where it could be used. Given that Liger and Ranu have no history besides being friends and combined with their existing powers like Skwerl mentioned, I just don't see it working here. Feel free to challenge me though if you think I've missed something.

I'm too flippin' tired right now to post much else, but I already know what I'll write tomorrow. My apologies to Narvix and SaphireKat if I'm keeping you waiting.

Ranu noticed, whilst laying on Liger, that he seemed warmer than normal even though he felt cold.

Is it just me or does this sound contradicting? I don't know how Liger can feel warmer than normal if he's cold.

Edited by Booo

My two cents: Dragons naturally use telepathy already, anyways. They can convey thoughts and emotions through that as easily as verbally and physically. I do agree that a psychic link (as it is in the described case) would be an additional power and should wait until much later.

But get permission first from Jacques as Ranu is their character and they might not be accepting of the idea of mating Ranu with Liger, let alone have a psychic link with one specific friend.

@Booo, it's alright ^^ I'm mostly just sitting back and letting people post since I'm not interacting with anyone immediately. I had been thinking of making a second post that was still to the side of everyone else but, I guess it would only really be redundant.

Is it just me or does this sound contradicting? I don't know how Liger can feel warmer than normal if he's cold.

He felt cold, but he was warm.

Edited by LeBoringJacques

My two cents: Dragons naturally use telepathy already, anyways. They can convey thoughts and emotions through that as easily as verbally and physically. I do agree that a psychic link (as it is in the described case) would be an additional power and should wait until much later.

But get permission first from Jacques as Ranu is their character and they might not be accepting of the idea of mating Ranu with Liger, let alone have a psychic link with one specific friend.

@Booo, it's alright ^^ I'm mostly just sitting back and letting people post since I'm not interacting with anyone immediately. I had been thinking of making a second post that was still to the side of everyone else but, I guess it would only really be redundant.

I did mention it was up to Ranu's owner to decide on the previous page, and how'd it come about if accepted.

Not to mention I got an idea Boo, how about if His dead father's spirit comes and appears like in a dream to help communicate with Liger telling him what's going on at this parent's nest, and how they all miss him while he stops shivering and calms down somewhat not really being cured however the fever breaks though. The will o wisp will be able to be seen by others. Sound interesting? o.0

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Communicating with the dead through dreams isn't new in the RP so I'm sure that's fine. As for the others being able to see him too, I think it depends on when and where you want him to be visible. Me or LLD might ask you to write a character form if he keeps showing up. laugh.gif

He felt cold, but he was warm.

Oh I get it now.

I think Ranu is too far away to hear Vulkoor. Edit: *facepalm* I just remembered she has super hearing so nvm.

Edited by Booo

Pssh It doesn't matter. I had to edit a post 4 times just to make it consistant with what was said above myself ^^;

I'm confused about the squirrel though. If it was the same squirrel to run away from Vulkoor, then Ranu should have seen Vulkoor too. However, if it required enhanced hearing, then Vulkoor (and the squirrel) aren't anywhere close enough to be seen.

I thought Ranu would've heard him say "I hate squirrels." but I see what you mean. She's also right next to Artemis so I think Jacques is confused about who is where.

The forms for Nevia, Raluth, and Vulkoor have finally been added to the OP and Ranu is LeBoringJacques' once again. smile.gif

Edited by Booo

(Psssst! Booo! You keep spelling Roluth's name wrong as Raluth :v Also, it's Venia, not Nevia. tongue.gif)

I'll likely bump my pair again on Friday if no situation calls for me to post sooner.

Oh, whoops. ^^'

I thought Liger was born into a family of Royal Crimsons, but now there are plum and ivy dragons with bright colored eyes that can control nature?

Jesus take the wheel.

user posted image

I thought Ranu would've heard him say "I hate squirrels." but I see what you mean. She's also right next to Artemis so I think Jacques is confused about who is where.

sorry, haven't been here in a while.

Oh, whoops. ^^'

I thought Liger was born into a family of Royal Crimsons, but now there are plum and ivy dragons with bright colored eyes that can control nature?

Jesus take the wheel.

user posted image

The siblings are from others who parents were brothers/sisters/distant cousins or relatives,of Liger's mother and had perished so Liger's mother and father were the Godparents for a lot of them. Though I doubt Liger would care if their not birth related, Their family. If they weren't sent to Zar Liger would have only 1 sibling a sister. Liger and his sister Zar Jr. are Gemini twins. Mother's looks father's eyes.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

None of that makes sense though? I honestly feel like you haven't thought any of this through and are just pulling things out of the air to make Liger special??? What's the entire point of glowing stones just to say "hey, this is an offspring of this one dragon"?

(Also, 'gemini' means 'twins').

I know that, and the stones react to a family lineage of the mother and anyone who is in her family lineage ancestry. I mentioned that he had come from a family and there things that had made them different but I would point those out along the way, and the stones that reacted to a certain dragon in his family had a particular history event waiting for them in the future, I am explaining his family as we go along cause their not needed at the time till its necessary to explain them. Zar Jr and Liger are Brother and sister but are Gemini. Most who think of Gemini think of twin sisters or twin brothers. So... Yeah. When I did my profile I mentioned that he had siblings but didn't say that the parents were godparents or what the siblings were like caused their info was not necessary at the time and was focused on getting Liger made. Now as we're going along I'm getting more of his families history and siblings explained and their appearances.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

What do you mean by "history event"? If it's part of their history, then it happened in the past. So how could it be "waiting for them" in the future? Again, this seems like some really over-complicated mess without honest reason for being a thing? You're kind of just throwing things in by the looks of it without even seeing if everyone else is okay with it.

What do you mean by "history event"? If it's part of their history, then it happened in the past. So how could it be "waiting for them" in the future? Again, this seems like some really over-complicated mess without honest reason for being a thing? You're kind of just throwing things in by the looks of it without even seeing if everyone else is okay with it.

I did ask Way in advanced and others were ok with the idea. My profile mentioned that he had siblings. Not that the info was necessary to what they looked like at the time. How about I put it this way It is just There I do not make this stuff up its already there I'm just a Lewis and Clark viewing the world I'm seeing and narrating what I see happens to others if their ok with the idea if not another route comes to my vision of the storyline and takes it place before I put it up.

The stones reacting foretell a particular event that the dragon will have to deal with in the future or if something dreadful is going to happen.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

It's normal for character sheets to mention other family members, though they aren't always brought in to the roleplay. I'm with Narvix though; I'm not sure what significance the siblings have, or why they look so different or also have powers? It also sounds like you're saying Liger and either his brother or sister are twins, but if they're different colors, or as you said, not even related/distant relatives, I'm not sure how they are twins? I thought you could only be a twin of someone else at birth.

Confused by this post:

The siblings are from others who parents were brothers/sisters/distant cousins or relatives,of Liger's mother and had perished so Liger's mother and father were the Godparents for a lot of them. Though I doubt Liger would care if their not birth related, Their family. If they weren't sent to Zar Liger would have only 1 sibling a sister. Liger and his sister Zar Jr. are Gemini twins. Mother's looks father's eyes.

I can see how the siblings have a different coloration if Liger's parents were godparents to them, but that doesn't mean they're blood-related, so I'm not sure how they could have powers. You also say "if they weren't sent to Zar", which implies that they may or may not have been? Which makes it only probable that Liger only has a sister? And then you say Liger and his sister are twins, but I thought you said his sister looked nothing like him and had nature powers? Also, are these all still Royal Crimsons we're talking about, or different dragons because of Liger's parents additionally being godparents for another family?

Also, I thought the rubies were reacting to Liger only because of his lineage? Now you're making it sound like they're prophetic, like they're only glowing because something will happen in the future. But will this thing happen only to Liger? Or all of the Hatchlings? And how are they now prophetic?

I am so very confused...

Also, I thought the rubies were reacting to Liger only because of his lineage? Now you're making it sound like they're prophetic, like they're only glowing because something will happen in the future. But will this thing happen only to Liger? Or all of the Hatchlings? And how are they now prophetic?

I am so very confused...

I was just about to mention this. If rubies glow around anyone related to Liger's mother, BUT it also means that something bad will happen to them in the future or they will have to "kill someone they love" like Gunzou mentioned before then basically that means everyone related to Liger's mother is doomed somehow...

Then why did it come as a surprise to Liger's mother when her ruby glowed while in the presence of Liger's egg?

Also, I am fine with Liger having siblings from different parents, but it sounds like their being given special characteristics that don't fit their breed without explanation.

@Captain_Gunzou Like Narvix mentioned, it sounds to us like you're just throwing stuff in with no real connection. I think this idea needs to be thought out more before it's posted, otherwise, you're about to enter Mary-sue territory.

Ok, Yes The stones react to dragons who are of his mothers side. The siblings I'm referring to being god hatchlings are related to his mother cause of the one or both parents being blood-related. Now those are different nature dragons and have different powers. The ancestry blood line/ genes. Each dragon has their own event or future that effects them according to that stone that reacts to them. Why did it surprise the mother, Well, it glowed brighter for Liger than it did for the mother, and who wants their child to have to go through something More Horrorific than they went through, though it might not be in the same way. When Liger was born Both him and his sis are gemini. Now would you like me to get all the siblings and info on them out in the open?

Edited by Captain_Gunzou