sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Uh, I'm still confused... I thought being a godparent meant that you aided in raising a child, but didn't exactly adopt it because it still had a family? Which means there's no relation there. Unless I'm getting something wrong? The way you're describing it makes it sound like the hatchlings are cousins of Liger, and not his godbrother and godsister.

The hatchlings having powers I sort of understand, since this is an RP about hatchlings who have unusual powers for their breeds, but if they were those kinds of hatchlings I would anticipate seeing sheets for them and not having them be NPCs. Also you didn't say if they were Royal Crimsons too or not; it doesn't make sense for them to be Royal Crimsons if they're not even the right colors, anyway.

For the stones you say that different minerals react to the dragons according to whatever event will happen in each individual's future, but now I'm wondering why each one has some big thing that happens to them? Kind of makes sense for Liger, since even though he doesn't know it yet he's going up against Evil Crusher, but for the siblings, or the rest of his family? Don't get that part. Or how the minerals correspond to the events/individuals.

Aaand still confused about the Gemini thing too... you say that the sister hatchling is Liger's twin, but how can she be his twin and his godsister, if being a godsister means there's no blood relation, just a sort of adoption-type scenario? Then again, if I'm wrong in that one can't be a godparent to a relative's family, then I guess that sort of makes sense? But that would mean that Liger's parents are also godparents to their own daughter, which doesn't make sense...

It might be best if you gave us the information, since none of this is adding up, at least to me it isn't.

Ok. You know what A god parent is right. Someone who is asked to be the guardian of someone/s incase something happens to one or both of the parent's of the related person. Now It is true that the hatchlings I mentioned are all related to Liger but their like farther down the blood line like 2 or 3rd cousins, only one is a true blood sister and she is a gemini. Each other one had be given to Liger's parent's for specific reasons. Some the parent's couldn't handle too many hatchlings, others the parent's got killed. Some aren't fit atm to take care of their specific hatchling until a certain time in the furture. Only about three of the nine siblings don't react to stones cause they were found in a random location one of the three round eggs that was taken in it's parents were killed. Ok, with me so far? So The stones fortell a event that certain dragon responds too. The way it happens though could be totally different from the way the others had to do it. Ruby- Liger's mother had to end her brother's suffering when in battle so she stabbed him. Another one had deflected a projectile and it deflected into the said dragon's sibling/relative kiling them. So they fortell the course of nature a dragon will take or a certain event that the dragon will do but don't know when or how.

Sapphire- Thee dragon will face a serious illness and survive. Quartz- The dragon will have smooth sailing in their life. Ruby- Thee dragon will have to kill a some one or a loved one in the future.

Emerald-Will have many hatchlings.

Diamond-Will become a lead in their future.

Ones that have a stone glowing at night-Will become Great Healers in their area.

The stones will react to the ones who has the certain blood lineage/gene in their body. It also acts as a sensor to the person's health. Like a heartbeat monitor. Each dragon has their own shine response to a certain stone so its easy to tell who from who the stone is reacting. I didn't give info on the hatchlings cause by the time he gets back to them, Most will be gone/moved on, or have been slain. Only his twin sister has lnowledge of what has been happing, when he meets up with her. Now if you want the info on each dragon then I can provide it to you all.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Um, hi! I really want to join this RP, but I'd like some catchup (is that how you spell it?) please. I saw in the main thread that I could ask here. Also, do I register here or in the other thread? I have a lot of questions! tongue.gif

Thanks in advance, everyone! biggrin.gif

You register for the rp here along with posting your character sheet here. ^^

Uh, I'm still lost... Now it sounds like there are 9 siblings? Or are they just hatchlings that are related to Liger? And you explained what the gemstones mean, but still not how they manage to glow in such a way that it's prophetic; plus, the "prophecies" could all apply to Liger, so why the rubies and not say, the sapphires, since right now he's sick? And now you're implying that sooner or later Liger will have to kill a dragon "close to him", which is dangerously Sue-ish.

I don't know Gunzou, this is all becoming awfully complicated, and it's drawing a lot of attention onto Liger, which will inevitably overpower him. I think it's best if you take just one aspect (like having stones glow around Liger for no apparent reason) and keep that, but tone everything else down considerably (such as having Liger's siblings look like Royal Crimsons and not something else, maybe only have one of them have a power, remove the prophecy thing, etc.) I know it comes as a blow, but... Liger was approved because we didn't know about all of this stuff when you wrote his sheet, and now so much is being added that if it was in the sheet in the first place, it wouldn't have been approved. It's becoming a bit much.

EDIT: Sure Alcach, we're still accepting! Just be sure thoroughly read the OP, both in the IC and OOC threads, since the information is kind of strung everywhere. I also posted a recap two pages ago, if you want to look at it.

Edited by skwerl56767

Why was Ruby listed with two different effects?

I'm in strong agreement with Skwerl. All of this... jumbled, information should have been provided in Liger's sheet (most likely his history section where family should have been mentioned completely).

(A lot of it also just doesn't make sense because your spelling and grammar are kind of all over the place so it's hard to even just read your posts. I suggest using a spelling/grammar checker like in a Word document or a free online program.)

Looks interesting, may I join? Hope my form looks good, and hope I balanced out her power.

Username: Dusky_Flareon

Name: Eternal Peace

Type/Breed: Soulpeace

Power: Can walk in dreams. If a dragon is dreaming nearby, she can enter their dreams, as an astral projection from her body. She can be killed in the dreams, as destroying an astral projection would be destroying a soul. The astral projection may also be injured, and the injuries carry over to reality as well (think Dark Forest in Warrior Cats, but it's EP's own magic doing this). She cannot completely change a dream world either - the rules of reality still apply to her in dreams, unless the dream's fundamental physics violate reality's physics somehow, then she is bound to the fundamental physics of the dream. EG: no magic in the dream means she cannot use her magic, etc. She is forcibly ejected from a dream world if the dreamer wakes up in a magicless dream, otherwise she has to exit the dream or be erased when the dreamer awakens.

Her magic has a cool down of 1 day if she exits a dream via her magic, and 12 hour cooldown if she was forcibly ejected from a no magic dream (or by otger magic). However, she will be injured in reality if she got kicked out forcibly.

Personality: Eternal Peace is a unusually calm dragonling. She is extremely serious, and highly aware of deadlines that may crop up. She also keeps an eye on her surroundings, a learned habit from dreamwalking and hunting. She acts indifferent towards families or hatchlings motivated by something their family did, but in reality she is searching for her family.

Appearance: Your average female Soulpeace matured hatchling, except the her horns and feathers are silver in colour.

Age/Stage: Matured hatchling.

History: Her past is shrouded in mystery, and she won't talk about it.

OOC past info- On a night when the moon was full, she was born to the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter, as the female Candlelabra's lone Soulpeace daughter and seventh daughter. From the day she was born, she displayed dream-walking abilities, spontaneously popping in and out of her family's dreams.

She lived a normal life with her family until the day they disappeared into the night and the mist - but she didn't know that. She thought she'd gotten lost. Whatever the case, she took to a new life in the forest, hunting under moonlight for plants and animals alike. She often went through other dragons' dreams, looking for her parents' dreams to find them. This dreamwalking also gave her practice with her powers, and she learned about certain restrictions from a passerby Lumina with the same ability.

Some years later, she would stumble into the small group...

Being a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter gave her these dreamwalking abilitues - her mother also has (weaker) powers of a different type, but Eternal Peace's family won't appear unless people want it to happen. Her six sisters are all Candlelabras like their mother, and her brother is a Soulpeace like the father. The father's Expunge works on both zombies and ghosts, plus maaaybe Vampires? However, his Expunge has a 95% chance to fail on Vamps due to stronger soul-body bond (if it's even allowed to work on Vampires), and his Expunge takes 20 RP days to cool down. EP herself will have normal Expunge with 18 RP days cooldown when she grows up, but I'd like her to stay a hatchie unless 3 years+ pass in the RP world. Her mother's power is pyromancy and setting fires, but she can only set red fires (red=coolest colour of fire) and her fires can spread up to 0.5 km in diameter (there are wildfires that spread hundreds of kilometers...). Her siblings are all older, and the Soulpeace brother has the same type of Expunge as his father, except it cannot affect Vampires.

Extra: Her Expunge can't be used yet. She may only use it once fully grown. Is mostly active at night, dawn, and dusk.

Edit: I cannot type.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Ok, So make the only those who are rubies have powers, and the stones react/glow to those who has the same blood lineage as Liger?

Why was Ruby listed with two different effects?

I'm in strong agreement with Skwerl. All of this... jumbled, information should have been provided in Liger's sheet (most likely his history section where family should have been mentioned completely).

(A lot of it also just doesn't make sense because your spelling and grammar are kind of all over the place so it's hard to even just read your posts. I suggest using a spelling/grammar checker like in a Word document or a free online program.)

Ruby only has one. There is six stones and only one per each stone but what is going on with the info. So .....

What do you recommend I do then for my character's info about his family?

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I'd rather not post in the RP until we've got this magical stone thing figured out.

@Captain_Gunzou I also agree with Skwerl. The whole story feels overly complicated. If you must get glowing rubies involved then it would be a lot less confusing for everyone if it was just hereditary magic from his mother that can make stones light up. No stones that can predict anyone's future.

Are you ok with this?

(And yes, please consider using a spell checker.)

@Dusky_Flareon I'll critique your character soon, but by just glancing at it I can see there are quite a few spelling errors which make it difficult for me to understand what you're saying.

Edited by Booo

Ok. You know what A god parent is right. Someone who is asked to be the guardian of someone/s incase something happens to one or both of the parent's of the related person. Now It is true that the hatchlings I mentioned are all related to Liger but their like farther down the blood line like 2 or 3rd cousins, only one is a true blood sister and she is a gemini. Each other one had be given to Liger's parent's for specific reasons. Some the parent's couldn't handle too many hatchlings, others the parent's got killed. Some aren't fit atm to take care of their specific hatchling until a certain time in the furture. Only about three of the nine siblings don't react to stones cause they were found in a random location one of the three round eggs that was taken in it's parents were killed. Ok, with me so far? So The stones fortell a event that certain dragon responds too. The way it happens though could be totally different from the way the others had to do it. Ruby- Liger's mother had to end her brother's suffering when in battle so she stabbed him. Another one had deflected a projectile and it deflected into the said dragon's sibling/relative kiling them. So they fortell the course of nature a dragon will take or a certain event that the dragon will do but don't know when or how.

Sapphire- Thee dragon will face a serious illness and survive. Quartz- The dragon will have smooth sailing in their life. Ruby- Thee dragon will have to kill a some one or a loved one in the future.

Emerald-Will have many hatchlings.

Diamond-Will become a lead in their future.

Ones that have a stone glowing at night-Will become Great Healers in their area.

The stones will react to the ones who has the certain blood lineage/gene in their body. It also acts as a sensor to the person's health. Like a heartbeat monitor. Each dragon has their own shine response to a certain stone so its easy to tell who from who the stone is reacting. I didn't give info on the hatchlings cause by the time he gets back to them, Most will be gone/moved on, or have been slain. Only his twin sister has lnowledge of what has been happing, when he meets up with her. Now if you want the info on each dragon then I can provide it to you all.

You wrote two things for the Ruby.

Boo made a very good suggestion that simplifies this glowing stone business.

Just been skimming the latest pages here and.... Captain_Gunzou, whats the end goal of your characters story thing here?

Just been skimming the latest pages here and.... Captain_Gunzou, whats the end goal of your characters story thing here?

They were there and when Gunzou was going to get back most Will have been slain so I never planned to have their character sheets. Also I Only did one each for six stones. There isn't two for the Ruby and if so Show me. Cause I don't see two only one. I had it planned for Gunzou have to face his twin sister, who has slain the other siblings, but is a sly manipulative dragon. Everything Gunzou is not.

They were there and when Gunzou was going to get back most Will have been slain so I never planned to have their character sheets. Also I Only did one each for six stones. There isn't two for the Ruby and if so Show me. Cause I don't see two only one. I had it planned for Gunzou have to face his twin sister, who has slain the other siblings, but is a sly manipulative dragon. Everything Gunzou is not.

So.... this whole sub plot only really involves your character(s) and..... what else? Kind of just looks like ya want your character to be special atm in the others eye's. Is there really any point to this sub plot that adds to the whole story?

Yes I was hoping that the sister twin could be the mate of Evil crusher, and she helped guide him to this area when he was going through the planes. If it's allowed. She'd also be getting ready to lay a nest if it did happen. LLD

Whoa, what? You never said that the twin sister was old enough to be mates with an adult dragon, nevertheless lay a nest or be the mate of Evil Crusher! Which brings me back to the question, how are they twins? Liger is a hatchling, and if the sister is his twin she would have to be a newborn too!

I think you're going a little crazy with this. I love that you're stringing plot ideas together and all, but it's a lot all at once, and some of it needs to be more thought out and/or revealed right away so we can anticipate any new surprises in your posts. Hm... some ideas of mine that might help:

-Keep the glowing rubies for Liger, but have the prophecy show up in a different form (such as a vague dream, or maybe another visit by a ghost? Since Booo gave the go-ahead for dead-relative visits), and the prophecy will occur much later on; maybe once Liger starts budging wings? That would make traveling to find his sister easier and less reliant on other dragons, like Artemis, to help him. The rubies though would be completely separate from the prophecy, so all unrelated rubies around Liger would subtly glow. I think that would work.

-The siblings thing is becoming a bit of a mess, so maybe trim it down a little; Liger's twin would be the same age and look very, very similar to him, like an actual twin, but she could have a different power, and she could still have a drastically different attitude that contrasts against his. If you really want her to have different colors you could find a simpler explanation for that too; maybe paint or something? Warpaint or tattoos would go well with a more hostile personality. You could also introduce her much later on when Liger is more grown up, because by that time she would logically have to be more grown too, and it's more feasible for her to be a dragon's mate (though you might want to make sure LLD is comfortable with having Evil Crusher as her mate).

-For Liger's brother (I can't remember, is he the green one or the blue one?) maybe remove his power - or make it very weak - and also make his appearance match Liger/Royal Crimsons more. He can still have other, better attributes though (like wisdom), and since he's a brother and not a twin he could be older than Liger by at least one stage, so he's more experienced and formidable even if faced by the Hatchlings. You could even go a step further and have Liger find him much earlier than his sister, and he could join the Hatchlings group and help raise Liger.

Just some thoughts to help tone things down, but not absolutely remove your ideas. Of course, this means that a lot of the things you planned on introducing soon will only happen in time, but stringing it all out makes things less complicated, as well as simplifying certain aspects. I also wrote those out assuming that you didn't have any other plans going on, but since I'm not in your head things may still need to be changed. I'm hoping though that this will clear up a lot of confusion concerning Liger and his family/abilities.

Gunzou, see my other post. And adding to what Skwerl said, you keep saying they're "Gemini" twins which I don't get. Unless of course, you just mean that they were both born sometime between late May and late June.

I'll post tomorrow to get things moving again, but I'm not doing anything with Artemis just yet.

Looks interesting, may I join? Hope my form looks good, and hope I balanced out her power.

Username: Dusky_Flareon

Name: Eternal Peace

Type/Breed:  Soulpeace

Power: Can walk in dreams. If a dragon is dreaming nearby, she can enter their dreams... physically. As a result, she can be trapped in the dreams, killed in the dreams, or injured. Any injury stays on her when she returns to the waking world. She can't completely change a dream world either - the rules of reality still apply to her in dreams, unless the dream's fundamental physics violate reality's physics somehow, then she is bound to the fundamental physics of the dream. EG: no magic in the dream neans she cannot use her magic, etc. She is forcibly ejected from a dream world if the dreamer wakes up in a magicless dream, otherwise she has to exit the dream or be erased when the dreamer awakens.

Personality: Eternal Peace is a unusually calm dragonling. She is extremely serious, and highly aware of deadlines that may crop up. She also keeps an eye on her surroundings, a learned habit from dreamwalking and hunting. She acts indifferent towards families or hatchlings motivated by something their family did, but in reality she is searching for her family.

Appearance: Your average female Soulpeace matured hatchling, except the her horns and feathers are silver in colour.

Age/Stage: Matured hatchling.

History: Her past is shrouded in mystery, and she won't talk about it.

OOC past info- On a night where both moons were full, she was born to the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter, as the female Candlelabra's lone Soulpeace child and seventh daughter. From the day she was born, she displayed dream-walking abilities, spontaneously popping in and out of her family's dreams.

She lived a normal life with her family until the day they disappeared into the night and the mist - but she didn't know that. She thought she'd gotten lost. Whatever the case, she took to a new life in the forest, hunting under moonlight for plants and animals alike. She often went through other dragons' dreams, looking for her parents' dreams to find them. This dreamwalking also gave her practice with her powers, and she learned about certain restrictions from a passerby Lumina with the same ability.

Some years later, she would stumble into the small group...

Being a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter gave her these dreamwalking abilitues - her mother also has (weaker) powers of a different type, but Eternal Peace's family won't appear unless people want it to happen. Her six sisters are all Candlelabras like their mother, and her brother is a Soulpeace like the father. The father's Expunge works on both zombies and ghosts, plus maaaybe Vampires? However, his Expunge has a 95% chance to fail on Vamps due to stronger soul-body bond (if it's even allowed to work on Vampires), and his Expunge takes 20 RP days to cool down. EP herself will have normal Expunge with 18 RP days cooldown when she grows up, but I'd like her to stay a hatchie unless 3 years+ pass in the RP world. Her mother's power is pyromancy and setting fires, but she can only set red fires (red=coolest colour of fire) and her fires can spread up to 0.5 km in diameter (there are wildfires that spread hundreds of kilometers...). Her siblings are all older, and the Soulpeace brother has the same type of Expunge as his father, except it cannot affect Vampires.

Extra: Her Expunge can't be used yet. She may only use it once fully grown. Is mostly active at night, dawn, and dusk.

Edit: I cannot type.

Much better. smile.gif However, I don't understand how her power could be of any use. What does she gain from being in someone's dream? I'd imagine she wouldn't want to do that at all if she could potentially die from it. Plus, the part where you say she can physically enter dreams doesn't really make sense. Like, she just poofs from reality and into someone's head?

I think Eternal would have a better chance of being approved if her power was changed slightly. Like maybe she can be in other dragons dreams while she's asleep and can interact with them, but she doesn't actually go anywhere.

What do you think LLD?

Edited by Booo

Hmm... yeah, I could change that. As for the dreamwalking, I thimk the reason she may use that power is to figure out the situation or communicate with other dragons. Besides, she might also try to keep a bad nightnare at bay or catch a glimpse of a prophecy. It's also useful to search for certain dragons, as dreams have a way of revealing things...

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Yes I was hoping that the sister twin could be the mate of Evil crusher, and she helped guide him to this area when he was going through the planes. If it's allowed. She'd also be getting ready to lay a nest if it did happen. LLD

Yeah..... right.... ya know how big of a age gap there is between this new character of yours and Evil Crusher? I mean he might be cruel and somewhat insane, but I won't let my characters become pedo's. We have a nearly grown vamp more or less, and your perposing a freshly hatched hatchling becomes his mate, forget the pedo element, her body is not grown nor matured enough to survive such things.

If she's twins with Liger (or at least hatch at the same time as him) she's far far FAR too young to even know of EC unless she had a encounter with him, in which case she'd be lucky he did not skin her scales off to gleefully watch her scream in agony.

Not against him getting a mate, but she'd have to be a lot older and able to give him a good fight, last one who did that even taught him one of the tricks he knows though that user poofed. Though not sure what it would take to give him a good fight now one on one.

@Booo @Dusky_Flareon

The dream power is a.... odd one, but I'm strangely ok with it. I know its boarder line mind reading but the risks involved balance it out I find. EP would need to really sure that the owner of the dream does not detect her in the dream as she's more or less at the dreamers whim if I understand it right. But it does give her a unique opportunity to gain intell, though at the same time, her target might be dreaming of hunting or splashing around in the water rather then the location of prisoners or victims.

Though I hope EP does not try to enter Evil Crushers dreams his twisted sense of..... amusement.... he might not know she was really their in his dream and just assume she's part of his imagination, but he may treat her like his other victims.

For those of you wondering, Evil Crushers weakness is not combat, and surprisingly one might be thinking of a road that might possibly lead to the discovery of it.

Yeah, you got it right. She does have to be careful of nasty dreamers. The other thing that can get her is the dream world itself, so she hss to be careful of that too. And... she could listen on a lot of things, but most dragons would likely be dreaming of ordinary things or having the sort of nightnares that would make her (at least try to) go "screw this, I'm outta here".

Should she be detected with in the dream and she realizes she must leave, anything stopping her from simply entering the dream right away? Like a cool down or energy drain each time she uses her power?

Hmm... let's say her magic has a cool down of 1 day if she exits a dream via her magic, and 12 hour cooldown if she was forcibly ejected from a no magic dream? However, she will be injured in reality if she got kicked out forcibly. That sound good?

Only other detail I found was the mention of her Expunge ability. Sounds like it could be interesting to see, but if ya stay in the RP long enough for her to use it on say, EC, ya might remove his bone platting and turn him into a magi, but she'd also unlock that much more power for him (when he was converted to a vamp all his magic power formed his bone platting he has)