sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

I'll start with SULD then I'm going to PM Skyfire.

Edit: And thanks to Mya for the waiting list.

Could you explain why he was mistreated or was it just a matter of his kin wanting control over them? Speaking of which, I'm not sure what you mean by "they need something to have power over". I'm curious if this is perhaps your interpretation of them being Royal or if this is based on their breed description.

Also I'd prefer if you changed Age/Stage to just say Hatchling or Mature hatchling. The age conversion from OP is wrong so it's confusing otherwise.

As for saying that this sucks I disagree. It isn't as elaborate at Chica's but I think you summed up his personality and history quite well with what you have already.

Mmmmmrmmmmrm.... *slightly louder grumble*

Ah crap I forgot. Sorry Mouse. sleep.gif

Okay, will make the edits. Thanks for the critique!

It's based on the description. It said they liked to sort of exercise their power and remind others of their status of power (I don't know exactly) So I thought of making them do that within the nest.

My pleasure. smile.gif

Alright, that makes sense. If you want it add more detail you could explain why he and his sister were the ones bullied. An example might be that because they're smaller than average that makes them likely targets.

Ok, here is the (slightly) modified one.

Username: SULDhasno

Name: Scipio

Type/Breed: Royal Crimson

Power: Is adept at fighting, can reach high speeds and is agile. Also quite intelligent.

Personality: Unlike other Royal Crimsons, he does not like to have power over others. He doesn't talk much due to the amount of mistreatment he went through in the nest. He is very approachable though, and is protective of the people who actually bother to be friends with him.

Appearance: He looks almost the same compared to normal royal crimsons, except he is a little smaller.

Age/Stage: Mature hatchling

History: He was once with a family of 1 brother and sister. The whole nest mistreated him and his sister (especially their brother), since they were the smallest and the youngest. He decided to run away, along with his sister, but they got seperated when the brother found them and she stayed to fight him. He has not seen the sister yet since then, and is now looking to find her.

Edited by SULDhasno

I'll help...

Well, with what you've got so far, I can do this...

Scipio hatched with his brother and sister. The family mistreated and bullied him and his sister, especially his brother, because they were the smallest and youngest. He and his sister decided to run away, but when their brother found them Scipio and his sister got separated, as she stayed to fight their brother. He has not seen his sister since then, and is now looking to find her.

Well, I guess I could do that.

I changed it a bit more. Thanks Mouse.

Edited by SULDhasno

Ok, here is the (slightly) modified one.

Username: SULDhasno

Name: Scipio

Type/Breed:  Royal Crimson

Power: Is adept at fighting, can reach high speeds and is agile. Also quite intelligent.

Personality: Unlike other Royal Crimsons, he does not like to have power over others. He doesn't talk much due to the amount of mistreatment he went through in the nest. He is very approachable though, and is protective of the people who actually bother to be friends with him.

Appearance: He looks almost the same compared to normal royal crimsons, except he is a little smaller.

Age/Stage: Mature hatchling

History: He was once with a family of 1 brother and sister. The whole nest mistreated him and his sister (especially their brother), since they were the smallest and the youngest. He decided to run away, along with his sister, but they got seperated when the brother found them and she stayed to fight him. He has not seen the sister yet since then, and is now looking to find her.

Good enough. smile.gif

user posted image

Username: <EnderEcho>

Name: <Aria>

Type/Breed: <Black, (alt if allowed)>

Power: <Telepathy: Only allowed to be used on other dragons. The telepathy is not mind control, it is simply speaking in another's mind. Only possible if recipient is willing to talk.>

Personality: <Aria is not at all like your typical black. She is talkative, shy, smart, clever and witty. She loves making new friends, but is always to afraid to speak up. Her telepathy helps her overcome her difficulty. She hates killing and would never hurt a fly.>

Appearance: <Alt if possible, blue eyes, purple marking on her tail, torn wings, scars. Otherwise, normal.>

Age/Stage: <Newly hatched, frozen>

History: <Aria was hatched in a cave, along with her Black sister, Annali, and her mint brother, Darial. She was instantly recognized as a weakling and was thrown out of the nest immediately. She was found on the ground by a GON and was taken to fight the forces of evil...>

Extra: <Aria will eventually lose a leg and get crippled. She does not die.>

Thanks! Will make a first post when I get back from school smile.gif

@Enderecho you may have to wait awhile.

Name: Wellis

Age/Gender: 9, Male

Type: Black Tea

Power: Rather clever, and good at puzzles. He is also adept at running through forest terrain.

(He is on my scroll, so please look there for more information. I am Bismuths04 on both sites)

I'm going to be pretty busy for a few days but hopefully I'll still have time to post and read your forms. I don't think Myexternalist or Skyfire are returning so that leaves these 3 on the waiting list...

• ChicaChicken
  • EnderEcho
  • Bismuths04
To make it easier on myself (and everyone) I'll accept 1 more member then close the RP to new players for a short while to see how that goes. *Deep breath* I hope I can keep up...

I'm not sure if you're accepting at the moment, but here are my forms anyway.

Username: ChicaChicken

Name: Candice

Type/Breed: Albino

Power: Candice has a rather peculiar power. Instead of fire, she is capable of spitting a broiling and sticky substance from her mouth. This is the same oily secretion that leaks from her skin to protect herself from the sun, but instead it is held in the organ where fire would be kept and heated up to the point where it is scorching. The substance is so hot it will at least burn whatever or whoever it touches, and that's only if it doesn't kill them.

Personality: Candice is quite a friendly soul, trying her hardest to see the good behind even the most villainous creatures despite her treacherous past. She is loyal and steadfast, never swaying from the side of someone whom she places her trust in. Unfortunately, Candice trusts practically everyone, making her extremely easy to manipulate. The young Albino is surprisingly difficult to anger, although insulting her lack of scales and color absolutely infuriates her. It's just about the only way to upset the hatchling. Candice is so sensitive about her Albino skin that she tends to become completely silent for a while. The hatchling is relatively talkative, usually chatting with both her closest friends and newly met strangers with great ease. She's quite the social butterfly. Candice longs for parents due to her past, but she knows the only true family she ever had is long gone.

Appearance: Candice looks like the average Albino Dragon, although her skin is much less oily and shiny then most other albinos due to most of it being held in the "fire organ thing". Her wings are also surprisingly large for such a young hatchling, even if she's nearing maturity.

Age/Stage: 32 years old / Matured hatchling

History: Candice hatched in the dim light of her mother, an Almandine Pyralspite's, cave. Her egg was nestled between the multitudes of massive glimmering garnets and was rather difficult to spot within the huge pile. Thankfully, the Albino's egg had been tucked into the lower half of the masses of garnets, so the newly hatched dragon was able to slide down to the cavernous cave floor with relative ease. All the noise she made quickly attracted her mother's attention, and the Almandine spotted the hatchling almost immediately. Candice had been her only egg, so the Pyralspite was enraged to find that a weak Albino had hatched from it. Candice was nearly killed by her own mother, but she managed to escape from the cave and scrambled out into the cold, frostbitten air. The hatchling miraculously managed to survive for 32 long years out in the icy alpine mountains. On her 30th birthday, the hatchling's wings sprouted, and she almost immediately taught herself to fly. After practicing for a few weeks, she left the alpines and found herself in a strange new land. Hungry and tired, she looked around for a cave to stay in, and quickly discovered a fairly large one. It turned out to be inhabited, however, so the hatchling turned to leave. But just as she stepped into the grass, Candice heard the terrified screech of a newly hatched dragon alongside the angry roar of a father. She froze in place and twisted her head around to see what was going on. A Bright-Breasted Wyvern was angrily chasing a young, sickly looking dragon. The diseased creature was pitiful; it was dragging itself along the ground with its forelegs limply. Its scales were dark green, and its eyes were exhausted and bloodshot with huge bags. Candice felt awful for the poor hatchling, so she quickly rushed over, threw it onto her back, and took off. Now that she was getting a closer look at the newly hatched dragon, it was clearly a male. A large, jagged cut was sliced across his chest, blood pouring forth rapidly. The hatchling clearly needed medical help, otherwise he would die of blood loss in under an hour. Candice is currently running around,  trying to find help, meanwhile hauling the hatchling along with her on her back. Fortunately, she is quite close to a huge group of dragons. (You probably know who these dragons are, judging from how obvious it is.)

Extra: N/A

Hi Chica. smile.gif Because we had an influx of new characters I'm only going to approve 1 character per person for the time being. I hope this doesn't change your plans too much; If you'd rather RP Decay then let me know asap.

This is really good, love the detail. I have one gripe though, it's this part of her history.

Candice was nearly killed by her own mother, but she managed to escape from the cave and scrambled out into the cold, frostbitten air. The hatchling miraculously managed to survive for 32 long years out in the icy alpine mountains. On her 30th birthday, the hatchling's wings sprouted, and she almost immediately taught herself to fly.

If you had known me for a while then you'd know that I have a problem with "miraculously survived" stories. I find it very hard to believe that a newborn could survive alone in freezing temperatures, live for 30 years, then immediately learn to fly. I recommend you make some changes, especially considering that Decay might not make it in right away. You can also put "To be RP'd" if you decide you'd rather do it that way.

Edit: I should also mention that the group is currently in the alpine.

Edited by Booo

Perhaps give a little detail on how she survived. 'she managed to barely survive for 30 years, scratching out prey from the scarce undergrowth to survive.'

Then give her some time to learn flying. 'she learned how to fly. It took a few years, but she is now stable in flight most of the time, and is learning several aerobatic tricks.'

You know, or whatever you want to use, up to you. smile.gif

You have my full permission and encouragement to use the above sentences in your form.

Good suggestions Zed.

To clear up the confusion: No one moved anywhere EXCEPT Artemis and Quinn who took a long time to get there cause they can't fly. Snow is possible but the smaller mountains don't get as much I imagine.

Edited by Booo

Username: <EnderEcho>

Name: <Aria>

Type/Breed:  <Black, (alt if allowed)>

Power: <Telepathy: Only allowed to be used on other dragons. The telepathy is not mind control, it is simply speaking in another's mind. Only possible if recipient is willing to talk.>

Personality: <Aria is not at all like your typical black. She is talkative, shy, smart, clever and witty. She loves making new friends, but is always to afraid to speak up. Her telepathy helps her overcome her difficulty. She hates killing and would never hurt a fly.>

Appearance: <Alt if possible, blue eyes, purple marking on her tail, torn wings, scars. Otherwise, normal.>

Age/Stage: <Newly hatched, frozen>

History: <Aria was hatched in a cave, along with her Black sister, Annali, and her mint brother, Darial. She was instantly recognized as a weakling and was thrown out of the nest immediately. She was found on the ground by a GON and was taken to fight the forces of evil...>

Extra: <Aria will eventually lose a leg and get crippled. She does not die.>

A couple of things need fixing I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure all dragons in the RP have natural telepathy but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Also why do you want to keep her newly hatched? Wouldn't that leave her....weak? Like her entire life? You could also explain who froze her and why.

tongue.gifArtemis isn't the social type but Brotato should be back soon.

Brotato is here now.

But Brotato is very confused.

Brotato's head is screwed on wrong today and he can't brain very well.

But I'll try to post anyway. xd.png

I think those Dragon hunting necromancers have broken the fourth wall.

How so?

Also, forgive the lack of a formal welcome, Zed and Torque are both on edge because it's dusk, and neither of them wants to be out there at night. xd.png

Do you even words, Tato?

I kinda want to make a new character, but only after waiting list peoples are accepted. Maybe one of Zeditha's old friends? I kinda want her to already be in the cave.

Do you even words, Tato?

I kinda want to make a new character, but only after waiting list peoples are accepted. Maybe one of Zeditha's old friends? I kinda want her to already be in the cave.

I don't mind. And I've been hitting my head with my Advanced Theoretical Mechanics textbook most of the weekend.

It's turning the creative side of my head into mush. sad.gif

((And I don't know what else to write- I'm assuming there are dragons in the den?))

Why don't you skim through the last 2 pages? That should give you an idea of where everyone is instead of asking.

I already said this, but... wow, is there ever a lot of good information in the dragon encyclopedia! I've learned lots of things about the White species and I'm able to incorporate it in my posts. The only thing is that not all the species have entries.

A couple of things need fixing I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure all dragons in the RP have natural telepathy but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Also why do you want to keep her newly hatched? Wouldn't that leave her....weak? Like her entire life? You could also explain who froze her and why.

Can't fix this on my iPad, but Aria's character type sorta revolves around her still having the mentality of a newborn and having to train extra hard to be a good fighter. I don't know her new power yet, I'll ask my friend to brainstorm and report our decision tomorrow.