sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

It's the 4th for me right now. :3

What.

You're that far ahead?!

Where in the world do you live?!

It's 4:27 PM for me on Good Friday...

Whoa, that would mean you're 18 hours behind me. xd.png I'm guessing that where I live is really far from you. tongue.gif

Evil Crusher's going to head for Shatterpoint Peak soon, isn't he?

Wait so that fireball dude legit wrote that?

Sadly yes but I'm kind of glad he did.

Oh, I read the first few pages of the thread once. The mass one liners made me batty. And the quality of the OP drove me off a cliff.

Also, I still wanna make a Thunder hatchling. Mostly because I am getting sick of one character and need to be more active now o3o

If Skyfire loses interest then you can go ahead, I'm still waiting for her reply.

Surprised at what?

You disappear often so I'm not surprised you left. A little sad maybe.

[...]

I'm thinking Rimaline might look up to Artemis when she meets her, as she didn't learn everything from her parents. If that's okay with you, Booo, maybe she could be like a mother figure. Or at least, that would be how Rimaline would view it.

Also, still trying to think of some internal conflict. Maybe if Rimaline latched onto Artemis that could be a reflection of her missing her parents? I don't know.

No idea how I missed this before but yes I'm fine with it. smile.gif

Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you sad! ohmy.gif *Gives cookies*

...Um. I'm going to be a blockhead here and admit that I actually don't understand why that would make you sad. unsure.gif

If Skyfire loses interest then you can go ahead, I'm still waiting for her reply.

Oh yay! o3o I will edit a sheet in here when I have time, just in case...

Edit: just in case, ya know

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Name: Vronti Seldash

Type/Breed: Thunder

Power: He has normal thunder powers, i.e. Bolts, electric fields, shields, ect. Howwever, the more powerful the action, the more energy sucked from him. So a mega-ultra-thunder blast would have a huge effect on his energy levels, especially since he is a hatchling. His powers have super effect through water (conduction, ya know?) but can be easily reflected by any amount of fire. You know how certain dragons have blue fire? His lightning is differently coloured like that, except his thunder powers come out pitch black. This makes him very good for night missions, but at the same time, it makes him EXTREMLEY obvious in the daytime. Seldash has the ability to smell anything except thoughts. This is unsure to be an actual power, but it is like a power.

Personality: He is often carefree, though plenty smart, and loves to have fun. If he is in a fight he is sure he can win, he will charge ahead without thinking. However, if he is NOT sure, he will strategize things out and carry things according to plan. Example of something he can take easily; a very weak dragon. Something he CAN'T take down easily: Evil Crusher. His normally carefree attitude can get in the way, because sometimes he can get a little...sassy (?) with his supiriors and get himself into trouble.

Appearance: Instead of the normal dark blues and blacks, he is all black. Darker then a night with no stars or moon. Also, his lightning and thunder stuff is also black. His eyes are a blood red, and appear to glow.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling ((that's the stage of the majority of hatchlings, right?))

History: He was born to the Thunder throne, in the desert. However, his parents were horrified at his evil appearance, causing him to be thrown out into the wild. A Spitfire had found him and trained him in the ways of fighting, but just before he hit his mature stage, a human had come and killed the older dragon, sending poor Seldash to run. He found himself at Shatterpoint Peak when he hit maturity.

Extra: Wondering how he could be so happy even with a past like that? Some beings can be carefree through anything.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Oh yay! o3o I will edit a sheet in here when I have time, just in case...

Edit: just in case, ya know

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Name: Vronti Seldash

Type/Breed: Thunder

Power: Well, the thunder powers, duh, but also the ability to smell anything.

Personality: He is often carefree, though plenty smart, and loves to have fun. If he is in a fight he is sure he can win, he will charge ahead without thinking. However, if he is NOT sure, he will strategize things out and carry things according to plan. Example: Evil Crusher.

Appearance: Instead of the normal dark blues and blacks, he is all black. Darker then a night with no stars or moon. Also, his lightning and thunder stuff is also black. His eyes are a blood red, and appear to glow.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling ((that's the stage of the majority of hatchlings, right?))

History: He was born to the Thunder throne, in the desert. However, his parents were horrified at his evil appearance, causing him to be thrown out into the wild. A Spitfire had found him and trained him in the ways of fighting, but just before he hit his mature stage, a human had come and killed the older dragon, sending poor Seldash to run. He found himself at Shatterpoint Peak when he hit maturity.

Extra: Wondering how he could be so happy even with a past like that? Some beings can be carefree through anything.

Eskoooooooo!!

Smell anything?

*Imagines a thunder sniffing stuff*

Wouldn't expect a thunder to have that kind of ability.

Oh well.

Oh yeah remember when I called my character Levi? *Shudders many*

Why am I recalling this. Great. My randomness.

I want to hear more. ohmy.gif

Sure, why not. I'm not sending Torque or Zeditha though.

They'll be busy clearing the 2nd level with anyone else who wants to help.

Looking for Rimaline's sheets and look what I found.

Good prediction skills, Tatoface.

Eskoooooooo!!

Why the hell do you think I crossed it out?!

Smell anything?

*Imagines a thunder sniffing stuff*

Wouldn't expect a thunder to have that kind of ability.

Oh well.

Oh yeah remember when I called my character Levi? *Shudders many*

Why am I recalling this. Great. My randomness.

Teh randomness

I should really get started on Scar's daughter. I mean, we'll need her anyway, and Rimaline apparently needs a friend who understands what it's like to miss her parents.

I should really get started on Scar's daughter. I mean, we'll need her anyway, and Rimaline apparently needs a friend who understands what it's like to miss her parents.

Scar's daughter.....? Who's that?

Scar's daughter.....? Who's that?

Something I planned with Tatoface. Nothing. Nevermind.

Power: Well, the thunder powers, duh, but also the ability to smell anything.

That...... says very little on the powers. What are the draw backs? What conditions does it need to be to use eletricity strikes? How often can he use his powers? Why is a good sense of smell a power? Ect ect

That...... says very little on the powers. What are the draw backs? What conditions does it need to be to use eletricity strikes? How often can he use his powers? Why is a good sense of smell a power? Ect ect

Edited. I am not sure where to stick the smell thing, so I stuck it in powers ohmy.gif

Looking for Rimaline's sheets and look what I found.

Good prediction skills, Tatoface.

?

What did you find? I think I haven't updated those sheets in a long time. I'm working on new, more detailed ones - I'll share parts of it once it's done. smile.gif

Edited. I am not sure where to stick the smell thing, so I stuck it in powers ohmy.gif

I would not say you suck at powers, just your not used to thinking in more detail with them. It can take some time to do so, but it prevents a lot of possible confusion as well as prevent people from abusing their own powers.

when coming up with powers, its best to think of some questions, often it take more then a second to think some through.

How does one use said power? (This can very from power to power, a cloak can be forming a field around ones self, to using lightning by using the magic to create enough static to hit a target ect ect)

What are draw backs to said power? (A power with out draw backs is unbalanced)

How do the powers affect the user as they use them?

3 off the top of my head.

And again, just because your not used to something and thus not doing well at it, does not mean you suck at it. We all learn things over time, some faster then others. Example, riding a bike, getting on one and falling over right away does not mean you suck at it, just you need to learn how to ride the bike.

I would not say you suck at powers, just your not used to thinking in more detail with them. It can take some time to do so, but it prevents a lot of possible confusion as well as prevent people from abusing their own powers.

when coming up with powers, its best to think of some questions, often it take more then a second to think some through.

How does one use said power? (This can very from power to power, a cloak can be forming a field around ones self, to using lightning by using the magic to create enough static to hit a target ect ect)

And again, just because your not used to something and thus not doing well at it, does not mean you suck at it. We all learn things over time, some faster then others. Example, riding a bike, getting on one and falling over right away does not mean you suck at it, just you need to learn how to ride the bike.

Uh, LLD

He said 'stuck it in powers' not 'I suck at powers'

@Lily- No, the quote, read it and then look who's with Galletian/Enzy

I never said I suck at powers tongue.gif Thoug I am not great at them.

Okee, lemme edit.

Edit: edited

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

LLD, do you think that maybe EC could have killed Rimaline's parents? I don't want to just say that he did because he's your character. I think that if EC gloats about it, that would be a great turning point for Rimaline's character - she would want to defeat EC. (Of course since she's a white, she wouldn't partake in any fighting, but she'd want to do anything to stop him.)

If that's okay with you, here is a rough idea of what happened:

- So the family that EC was hunting down in the beginning were close friends of Rimaline's parents.

- One night, one came asking for help (their White was injured)

- They healed the White, but were not able to return to Rimaline afterwards because EC came and chased them

- Rimaline's mother (Emille) got injured by EC, and Rimaline's father (Lyle) died trying to protect her

- The rest of the family being hunted was not able to go back for them, and were chased for weeks, eventually ending up at this point

As for location, Rimaline lived in the somewhere in the middle between Shatterpoint Peak and the lands where the storm/pink/white family lives.

Oh right and right now it seems that my character is just gonna leave so I might have been thinking that you might have to kill off his sister or something. Or I just make the sister a character.

Oh right and right now it seems that my character is just gonna leave so I might have been thinking that you might have to kill off his sister or something. Or I just make the sister a character.

Yeah. They need motivation! :3 (That's so mean. But when you write fiction, you have to be mean to your characters sometimes.)

Here's a link to Rimaline's character sheets - I just updated them. My old sheet was slightly cringe-y.

Yeah since my char is pretty new I would prefer I did it later but my chat seems to be leaving and I can't make a character as of yet (I think) so I might have to do that.

LLD, do you think that maybe EC could have killed Rimaline's parents? I don't want to just say that he did because he's your character. I think that if EC gloats about it, that would be a great turning point for Rimaline's character - she would want to defeat EC. (Of course since she's a white, she wouldn't partake in any fighting, but she'd want to do anything to stop him.)

If that's okay with you, here is a rough idea of what happened:

- So the family that EC was hunting down in the beginning were close friends of Rimaline's parents.

- One night, one came asking for help (their White was injured)

- They healed the White, but were not able to return to Rimaline afterwards because EC came and chased them

- Rimaline's mother (Emille) got injured by EC, and Rimaline's father (Lyle) died trying to protect her

- The rest of the family being hunted was not able to go back for them, and were chased for weeks, eventually ending up at this point

As for location, Rimaline lived in the somewhere in the middle between Shatterpoint Peak and the lands where the storm/pink/white family lives.

Sure, sounds good to me.

@Esko_the_Wolf

I must of mis read then...

As for your edit, that's better. Now we have some idea of what he can do, how it affects him ect.