TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

-flails- AUGHHHH... dont tease them socky >.>

now i has wrk to do behind this curtain hmm yes.. NO PEEKING. and we uh.. dont have any squid dragons or super rare alts or anything back here either <.< nope

*btw...lol pg 69*

Nuuuuu, tease us more! That mean more hints! ;D Squid dragons eh? I can just imagine....

What does it mean by "Badges" gold silver and bronze?

The trophies that appear at the top of your scroll after you obtain a certain number of dragons.

I just thought of something...

I wonder what Biome the Chickens will be in...? tongue.gif

And the Dinos...........

*sets out freshly-baked cookies for testing-mods* Noooo, I'm not bribing, not at all! tongue.gif

During holidays, would the eggs show up in all the biomes since they are considered rare? Or would they be in a special biome created for that holiday only?

I'd assume they'll act something like new releases, which will most likely show up everywhere. :3

-flails- AUGHHHH... dont tease them socky >.>

now i has wrk to do behind this curtain hmm yes.. NO PEEKING. and we uh.. dont have any squid dragons or super rare alts or anything back here either <.< nope

*btw...lol pg 69*

LOL. Who's teasing now? :B

Hmm... theoretically, it seems like biomes could reduce lag, but that would be unlikely if rares will simultaneously drop in all biomes.

If each biome was hosted on its own server, then they could individually arbitrate whether a particular user got a particular egg. There'd still be some contention (since I assume there's a core database which contains the information for all the scrolls), but requests could be partitioned more cleanly.

However, if rares exist in all biomes at once, then the biomes can no longer individually arbitrate whether a user gets a particular egg -- they have to be able to communicate. So perhaps they could still be hosted on different servers, but there might need to be code to handle rares differently...

For example, you could redirect those requests to another server...

...eh, just wild speculation.

i has another question..

Rares should show up in all locations as been stated correct?

Are the trios considered as rare?

Say theres a "volcano" area, or just an area that is normally really hot. Dragons in there thatd be found for one example the Embers right? Wouldnt the Magmas also be found in there too?

But since Magmas are in the trio would they be considered rare and show up in all locations?

So, im confused as to where and what locations and to how they are being split up.. cuz to me it wouldnt make since for the trios to be in all locations, they should be in the location that best dipicts where that dragon would live just like the Waverunners being near a beach or something.

...or am i just over thinking things?

i has another question..

Rares should show up in all locations as been stated correct?

Are the trios considered as rare?

Say theres a "volcano" area, or just an area that is normally really hot. Dragons in there thatd be found for one example the Embers right? Wouldnt the Magmas also be found in there too?

But since Magmas are in the trio would they be considered rare and show up in all locations?

So, im confused as to where and what locations and to how they are being split up.. cuz to me it wouldnt make since for the trios to be in all locations, they should be in the location that best dipicts where that dragon would live just like the Waverunners being near a beach or something.

...or am i just over thinking things?

I don't think trios are classified as rares; I think they're considered uncommons.

I don't think trios are classified as rares; I think they're considered uncommons.

Well then.

Why dont I have annyyy?! T_T

I never see them..

sadness.

according to the wiki, the trios are "moderately rare"

Edited by MidnightAngelFox

they are classified rares.

Try breeding one with a gold, they will refuse, which is typically the behavior of a rare.

As a small concession to the people who complain that Teleport will remove their chances of ever sniping a trade and getting a rare egg, maybe together with Teleport we could get a small chance (I don't know, 1/25, 1/50 or 1/100) of two-egg clutches, and of those, a small chance of three-egg clutches, and of the three-eggs a small chance of four-egg clutches.

This would obviously require tweaking of the breeding ratios. I'm not trying to suggest making rares less rare. Rather, the idea is to increase the chance that some rares hit the AP, rather than all being automatically traded via teleport.

There are, of course, generous breeders who drop to the AP anyway, but a slight increase would probably still be good for the cave, especially if trades are no longer appearing there.

To my knowledge, I've never sniped a trade -- I don't have the patience or reflexes to do so -- but for those who enjoy this kind of search, it might be worth throwing them a bone, so to speak.

I've two questions in my head right now.

Fertility BSA= It increase the number of eggs produced by breeding or acts on stubborn pairs that always gives "No interess", convincing them to produce an egg?

Vampire lineage= If a Dorkface/Thuwed/Dusk/any lineage bites an egg, it will be part of a "-insert lineage here- bite lineage"?.

The Vampire lineage idea isn't bad at all, in the vampires legends is spoked about vampire families, where the vampire who bites is the "father" and all the bited are his "sons", so I always thought about this in Dragon Cave.

I've two questions in my head right now.

Fertility BSA= It increase the number of eggs produced by breeding or acts on stubborn pairs that always gives "No interess", convincing them to produce an egg?

Vampire lineage= If a Dorkface/Thuwed/Dusk/any lineage bites an egg, it will be part of a "-insert lineage here- bite lineage"?.

Fertility will not increase the number of eggs produce, only the chances of a successful breeding.

I'm pretty sure all that'll happen is on the page of the vampire it shows which vampire bite it.

I don´t think it´s unfair. The more experianced you are the more dragons you can raise at one time.

You earn those eggspots!

And to underline the cruel, hard truth...

If you're a total newbie, 7 dead eggs at once would be worse than only 4.

Agree. Some Beginners already have Problems with raising just one, I couldn't imagine what would happen if they got 7 eggs from the start.

Agree. Some Beginners already have Problems with raising just one, I couldn't imagine what would happen if they got 7 eggs from the start.

This is really true. I often help a friend of my sister, she has lose a lot of eggs and hatchies before I started putting them in a hatchery and before I started to explain how to care about them (but she still needs help, for she it's like "ok, I take an egg and once on my scroll it will grow". And she is soo lucky that she gets uncommon eggs -that will die if I don't help her-)

And raising dragons can go really fast. especially as frozen items count as well!

wooot!!! i cant wait till this is out! and now teleport comes for real! wee!!!

but i didnt get what locations meant... ^^;

user posted image

*faints*

Oh... my. I can't wait until these are released!!! So awesome!!!!!

the rename, rare x rare & teleport ability are what I have been wishing for biggrin.gif

I wonder if the locations would confuse the newbies and reduce the chance of getting rares dry.gif well, I'm fine with everthing anyway ... happy.gif

Edited by dustloop