TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

So, if you can't teleport held eggs, does that mean that if you already have two yulebucks or whatever, you won't be able to teleport any of their offspring? Or will you just be able to choose one to teleport, so that you still have control over one egg from the clutch? (I've been in favor of teleport from the beginning and I'll definitely breed all of mine anyway, but I'd like to know before I go offering them to anybody this year.)

I'm really excited about the upcoming features, I will be breeding my Yulebucks and Snow Angles =]

And I have to change the subject briefly just to shout out this:

INFINITE RENAMING, YEESSS! *super happy dance*

With the "small" amount of dragons I have, I've already left out a lineage name on one, had a typo on another (that C really looked like a G...), and have been quite slow to name due to the "you get one chance unless you want to leave for X amount of time and wipe all the names of your scroll" thing. Tbh, I'm more ecstatic about this than teleport!

Renaming is nice, even though I have probably one or two things to rename.

Biomes will be good for me, considering I like to grab different eggs depending on my mood. Now I won't have to wait for whatever I want to show up take forever even though it's common.

I also find it funny that a couple days before this announcement I just literally grabbed my first pair of Magi eggs.

And I have to change the subject briefly just to shout out this:

INFINITE RENAMING, YEESSS! *super happy dance*

With the "small" amount of dragons I have, I've already left out a lineage name on one, had a typo on another (that C really looked like a G...), and have been quite slow to name due to the "you get one chance unless you want to leave for X amount of time and wipe all the names of your scroll" thing. Tbh, I'm more ecstatic about this than teleport!

I can agree with you I accidentally misnamed a electric dragon (Reaves) and wish to rename it and now that TJs putting that in I can't wait to rename her biggrin.gif

biomes??My scroll in pages?

I hate to say it..but get ready to learn the game over..this isnt the DC I know & love..its alot.png of cool stuff,granted...but too much too quickly is turning this game on its side and nothing said about polls/ratio of members for/against some of the wierder changes.

If I wanted to be hunting in "Biomes" there are plenty of cartoonish sites available to choose from that are all happy clones of (not mentioning names) that the under 18 set is so fond of...lots of RP also,Im sure....Ohhhhh geez...please let it be somewhat less frightening than it sounds...too much change this quickly is just implementing a different DC....Im really apprehensive,Im not happy with everything that is different just because its "NEW" & a fun new set of rules...naw,naw..I didnt sign up for all this!!My poor dragons,they have no clue whats coming,& Im very apprehensive with too many of these changes.

Edited by Rockin' On

Just to clarify everyone, I've only seen one person say they probably won't breed their Holly (Outer Space). Unless there is a thread somewhere that I have missed, it's not like there is some massive group of Holly breeders who are boycotting Christmas, so I don't know where that idea came from.

I've seen quite a few Holly owners (many of whom didn't "out" themselves as Holly owners, and I'm not going to spill the beans b/c I don't want them getting PMs asking for an egg) post in this thread, expressing excitement about Teleport. I don't think we have to worry about Teleport resulting in no Holly eggs. Yeah, a few Holly breeders might choose not to breed, but the vast majority will.

My thoughts on the matter? For the ones who promised eggs to multiple people, I sorta feel bad for them that they won't be able to get the eggs to the people they want. But at the same time, I think it's important to ensure that more users have a decent shot at catching Holly eggs. I want Holly owners to be able to gift some eggs, but I don't think it's fair that they should be able to gift all of them, because then people like me (who aren't close friends with any Holly owners) have a dramatically reduced chance of getting them and I don't see how that's fair. If 66% or 75% of all Holly eggs produced this Christmas end up on the AP without predetermined destinations, it means a whole lot more people will stand a snowball's chance of catching one, which is a good thing.

And not just the "people with fast connections" either--everyone. I am living proof that connection speed doesn't have to stop you from getting what you want. I caught 23 black marrows this year for myself, plus some for other people, and my connection speed is pitiful. Connection speed is a small factor, yes, but there are other factors that are bigger--such as diligence, timing, and focus.

Edited by Renorei

Wow, this is so awesome! I can't wait for teleport, so I can finally get into gifting eggs!

Suzamawolf, I'm with you all the way. I've stayed away from that because of the stress and hassle. With teleport I'll be able to give, give, give - and maybe get a little too.

biomes??My scroll in pages?

I hate to say it..but get ready to learn the game over..this isnt the DC I know & love..its alot.png of cool stuff,granted...but too much too quickly is turning this game on its side and nothing said about polls/ratio of members for/against some of the wierder changes.

If I wanted to be hunting in "Biomes" there are plenty of cartoonish sites available to choose from that are all happy clones of (not mentioning names) that the under 18 set is so fond of...lots of RP also,Im sure....Ohhhhh geez...please let it be somewhat less frightening than it sounds...too much change this quickly is just implementing a different DC....Im really apprehensive,Im not happy with everything that is different just because its "NEW" & a fun new set of rules...naw,naw..I didnt sign up for all this!!My poor dragons,they have no clue whats coming,& Im very apprehensive with too many of these changes.

the changes haven't even been implemented yet and you're already abhorring them

wait until they take effect and then complain

Two questions that have probably already been asked but I dont have the time to read a 40-page thread:

-Any idea when these features will be added? I didnt see an ETA anywhere in the OP.

-Will Vampires bitten before the updates go live still show their sires? Or is it only going to be recorded for future bites?

Another question... I hope not to sound dumb... will hunting in the cave LOOK different if the dragons will be in biomes?

Two questions that have probably already been asked but I dont have the time to read a 40-page thread:

-Any idea when these features will be added? I didnt see an ETA anywhere in the OP.

-Will Vampires bitten before the updates go live still show their sires? Or is it only going to be recorded for future bites?

Existing lineage is unaffected.

Just a question - for the scroll pages - is it still going to be possible to view all dragons on one page?

Depends on how many dragons you or whatever else scroll you're looking at has and what your limit is set to. :3

Another question... I hope not to sound dumb... will hunting in the cave LOOK different if the dragons will be in biomes?

Well... What do you mean by look different? It's hard to answer this while trying not to ruin the surprise. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Well... What do you mean by look different? It's hard to answer this while trying not to ruin the surprise. ^^

I'm guessing it means like... will there be art, or will it just have a heading that says Ocean/whatever, some flavour text, then the eggs, but look the same as the current page?

Edited by Dr. Paine

I don't know if this has been answered or not, but will the AP be in biomes as well or just the cave drops?

If the AP is in biomes, will there be just one for Holidays? Like, on Christmas, if I want to go Holly hunting and the AP is split into biomes, are the eggs going to be distributed across all AP biomes or be in one special Holiday AP biome?

Everything sounds really good. I hope TJ puts up screenshot previews.

Edited by Paradiso

Well don't ruin the surprise biggrin.gif But yea I guess will it be the same 3 egg thing or something different? I'll accept the "something different" answer xd.png

Existing lineage is unaffected.

oh is that what it meant? i thought that meant that it would be showed in addition to the dragon's actual lineage

I'm guessing it means like... will there be art, or will it just have a heading that says Ocean/whatever, some flavour text, then the eggs, but look the same as the current page?

Well...each biome will basically look like the current main cave. o3o

Well don't ruin the surprise biggrin.gif But yea I guess will it be the same 3 egg thing or something different? I'll accept the "something different" answer xd.png

Well...basically.

: D

oh is that what it meant? i thought that meant that it would be showed in addition to the dragon's actual lineage

and this is the part where i reread everything because i'm an idiot whoopsies

You know, I'm really glad, personally, that Hollies will be free-for-all on the AP. The fact is, I'm shy, reclusive, and hate getting into chat and timing trades. It's really, really stressful for me, and I'm sure that it is for other people, too. In fact, there are hundreds of DC users who play consistantly but never post on the forums and ignore the social aspect of the game. One of my best friends is one of these.

It's really unfair to me that we don't get rare eggs just because we're not friends with important people. I LIKE that I actually have a damn shot at a Holly egg now without having to suck up to a current Holy Owner.

I'm also a Snow Angel and Yulebuck owner who will be breeding my dragons. I have 2 of each, so they'll all be going to the AP. I think it's incredibly selfish to not breed your holidays just because you'd rather nobody get it than someone you haven't personally approved.

No one had to 'suck up' to me to extract a Holly gifting promise. In fact, anyone who messaged me at all this past year asking for a Holly received a flat(but polite) refusal on my part.

My list had two people on it. People who I saw being nice around the forum, and I contacted them out of the blue. I had never spoken to either of them before.

Just getting a little tired of people saying "Just because I'm not friends with a Holly owner..." or "Just because I didn't brown nose a Holly owner..."

Anywho, I'll stop posting about Hollies now and just remember how totally and completely STOKED and EXCITED I am for Teleport and Renaming(and all the other changes too)!